What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian Side Announced

kooriguy

Juniors
i still think we will win but ffs i wish they picked rep teams on form.. we would never lose a game.

CharlieF

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
What times?
They have done this every yr.
People on here calling for Greg Bird? I mean WTF. What! He plays 3-4 good games and he gets in?
It doesnt work that way and thank christ it doesnt

Yeah, but they should look at modifiying it. Its not really fair. Players always need to show loyalty to their country. The selectors seem to show only loyalty to the players. They don't need to. Its not their responsibility. Wasn't this the whole reason for the f'n SL war, perceived unfair practices.

CharlieF

Juniors
Not to mention, picking teams on form satisfies the majority of league fans, which in the end is what the selectors are trying to achieve (or at least I thought they were).

griff

Bench
I know the ARL doesn't have all that much spare cash lying around, but they really need to have a quick whip around to raise some money to get the selectors hooked up to foxtel so they can actually watch some rugby league.

McCrud

Juniors
I think only Locky, Hodges and Petero deserve Kangaroo selection.

Hunt and Berro have been ok, but no doubt Tate have been woeful.

They don't deserve to be rewarded for poor form - plus I wanted these blokes to not be picked for the Test and as a result give them something to think about for a week...

Mr Saab

Referee
CharlieF said:
Yeah, but they should look at modifiying it. Its not really fair. Players always need to show loyalty to their country. The selectors seem to show only loyalty to the players. They don't need to. Its not their responsibility. Wasn't this the whole reason for the f'n SL war, perceived unfair practices.

The SL war was about pay TV.
Not about selection issues.
They will never modify the selection issue.
For a mid season (more like 1/7 season) test they will always go for the players from the yr before that played in the test matches.
For the end of season tests (none this yr) they will look at the origin players.

Game_Breaker

Coach
eaglezno1 said:
how did Andrew Ryan make the team?

and its good to see Kite and Lyon in there. they both deserved their spot

Surprisied that Bowen didnt make the team

It was between Ryan and Maitua.

Lowdown

Juniors
LOL...Broncos supply 6 players! The top 7 teams of the NRL comp at the moment collectively contributed 6 players to this predictable squad.

I just love the the clear 3 best teams of the NRL so far in 2007 can only muster a pitiful 4 players in total - yet a team which can't buy a win since the Grand Final see's six of them just walk in to the side.

Could be worse though - Gene Miles was firing the 'Pick Tonie Caroll' broadsides. That would have been terrible. But Tupou aint much better.

What does Dallas Johnson have to do around here to get a bench spot? Up his tackling to 60 per game?

keeney

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
For a mid season (more like 1/7 season) test they will always go for the players from the yr before that played in the test matches.
For the end of season tests (none this yr) they will look at the origin players.

I agree that it's good they do it this way, but they do blood new kids from finals teams in the end of seasons tests too,

Dutchy

Immortal
Originally Posted by Holla if ya hear me
You watch Kite go missing against the bigass kiwi pack and hardly play any minutes

Yea coz Kite hasnt jut dominated 2 big packs

Shorty

Staff member
Mr Saab said:

Obviously it's understood to pick players that have played rep footy more and are more reliable.
But something must be said about picking players that,although have the above...are playing poorly.

The whole reason of getting a rep jersey in the first place is playing to your absolute best to get picked.

It makes a joke of the whole thing to be picking 'average' to 'poor' form players for a representative game.

mxlegend99

Referee
Kite? He has been good this year, but Steve Price has been great.
Lyon? He hasn't done much compared to other centres this year.
Tate? He is amongst the worst wingers in the comp.
Hunt? Good player, but Bowen is just brilliant atm.

Mr Saab

Referee
Lowdown said:
What does Dallas Johnson have to do around here to get a bench spot? Up his tackling to 60 per game?

Unlike the smart selectors like Bozo Fulton, they dont pick sides based on "pretty" stats like tackles per game.
Otherwise Alan Tongue would make the team
R69 would love that.

Latest posts