What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian Squad Announced

hellteam

First Grade
Not anymore he doesn't. Now everyone will realise how average he is. They should have picked Hayne. He's had experience in Origin and Tests and can play centre and fullback.

What a totally ridiculously terribly sh*t decision by the selectors to put Williams in. I can't even fathom how they could justify putting him in the squad he's not even the best winger at Manly. They must be the same selectors as the ones choosing the NSW Origin team.

roughyedspud

Coach
i must admit "wolfman" only stood out to me because he looked like a tramp..not because he was all that great a footballer....

emil1989

Juniors
who gives a crap if he's played 5 games or 1000..he's in the team and expected to produce levels of football that no1 has seen of him yet..dont say oh he's only played 20 games..who gives a crap..kemp hasnt played that many more games than him and i think he's stood out the whole season whilst channel 9 jump on the 'dirty beard' bandwagon towards the finals series and suddenly he gets picked..even the other manly winger is better than him..
oh well nothin any1 can do, whoever that winger wouldve been instead of williams will play max 2 games the whole world cup..itll be an all qld backline

p.s i was thinking today, what if prince starts at halfback and thurston off the bench

or wat if thurston was halfback and stewart starts at fullback with slater off the bench

1.slater
7.prince
14.thurston

1.stewart
7.thurston
14.slater

what do u guys reckon??

Colin Best could of got a run if he didn't have such a sh*t semi final. Dally M Winger of the f*ckin year. He f**ked it for himself. He knew it too when he scored that consilation try vs the Sharks. He was disgusted with himself.

johns_reds

First Grade
As much as i think williams shouldn't be there it wont matter, he won't play the important games anyway, the two centres and two wings will be inglis, tate, folau and hodges. Not sure where inglis/folau and tate will play but it will be those three with hodges, you'll see williams running around against the teams we beat 100-0.

Pistol

Coach
As much as i think williams shouldn't be there it wont matter, he won't play the important games anyway, the two centres and two wings will be inglis, tate, folau and hodges. Not sure where inglis/folau and tate will play but it will be those three with hodges, you'll see williams running around against the teams we beat 100-0.

I'd say they'd follow the pattern of QLD prior to Hodges suspnsion. Inglis, Hodges the centres. Tate, Folau the wings

Harold Bishop

Juniors
Well since Kemp has 94 tackles breaks and Williams only has 40 something I think Kemp would be harder to tackle. I can't believe people think Williams is better than Kemp have you guys seen some of his trys he has scored. Also he has missed less tackles then Williams aswell!
Williams only came into 1st grade half way through the season, after Bani got injured so you cant really compare season stats.

adamkungl

Immortal
Hayne's been in terrible form, doesn't deserve a city/country spot at the moment let alone Aus

nzwarriors60

Juniors
Williams only came into 1st grade half way through the season, after Bani got injured so you cant really compare season stats.
Kemp has played four more games and In those four game I doubt he would make up 50 tacklebreaks and he has missed more tackles even though he has played less games. I know stats ain't everything but even if you look at the tries Kemp has scored over the season and some of them are brilliant.

Tommax25

Bench
I think one of the reasons selectors liked wolfman was that he runs the ball back so hard, rep selectors seem to love that, if slater or stewart ran the ball back at the line like him (or hunt) both would be guarenteed test and origin #1. I think thats maybe why wolfman got the edge over someone like a morris brother or roberts, although I cant remember if kemp is strong in that department

nzwarriors60

Juniors
Yea I don't think Kemp runs the ball back as Williams but really If you look at the season Kemp hade and the season Williams had you would pick Kemp over Williams. I bet if the Broncos made the GF Kemp would of been there ahead of Williams.

Freddo

Juniors

1 Billy Slater
2 Brent Tate
3 Joel Mongahan
4 Greg Inglis
5 Israel Folau
6 Darren Lockyer
7 Johnathan Thurstan
8 Petro Civinacieva
9 Cameron Smith
10 Steve Price
11 Paul Gallen
12 Anthony Watmough
13 Terry Campese

14 Kurt Gidley
15 Anthony Laffranchi
16 Glen Stewart
17 Craig Fitzgibbon

Freddo

Juniors
I don't know about Terry Campese in the 13... but the rest of that side looks OK.

well hes played lock before hes got a very good running game and a very hand kicking game aswell. it be more of a role that brad fitler used to play when they picked daley at 5/8

playing at lock would give the team another attacking option outside of lockyer thurstan and smith.

also with gidley off the bench the aussie arent short of attacking options.

That is a potent side...a lot of attacking players in Smith, Lockyer, Thurston and Watmough.

No side will stop them even with injuries to key players...

Latest posts