What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian Squad Announced

Garts

Bench
No doubt his inclusion has a little to do with marketing however please name some other wingers who deserve a spot over him? The only ones I can come up with should only be there on reputation not form. Williams has the form on the board, been playing great ever since he came into grade.

Garts

Bench
Actually Best is someone I forgot about!!!! He could have easily been named in the squad.

Johns Magic

Referee
No doubt his inclusion has a little to do with marketing however please name some other wingers who deserve a spot over him? The only ones I can come up with should only be there on reputation not form. Williams has the form on the board, been playing great ever since he came into grade.

Personally I would've picked Best, Kemp, Amos Roberts, the Morris twins or even Robertson ahead of him.

Garts

Bench
I agree that Best and Kemp would have been just as deserving, but Williams has been in great form so I do not think it is a disgrace that he was chosen. He rarely makes an error, runs the ball back hard, breaks tackles and scores tries. Everything you want in a winger. Would hardly say Kemp is way better than Williams either, if he is better it is marginal.

Mr Saab

Referee
Denan breaks tackles too and is alot faster and has been in better form. His crime is that he doesnt have a beard and have channel 9 tossing their load over him.

Garts

Bench
tbh I did not see a great deal Kemp but when I did he looked very good and coming second on the try scoring list means he was doing his job. I just do not think the gap between Williams and the other top wingers ie Kemp and Best was that great, pretty small gap imo. In terms of skill and form it is not like they picked someone like Ben Pomeroy over someone like Hodges.

Pistol

Coach
Williams is just another winger. Nothing to flash about him. Now that he's just like Samson, cut off the hair and he's just like every other average joe

they should just pick 24 queenslanders so these banana bender's don't have anything to whinge about ...

big pete as usual is the only brisbane supporter and queenslander talking with common sense

Johns Magic

Referee
I agree that Best and Kemp would have been just as deserving, but Williams has been in great form so I do not think it is a disgrace that he was chosen. He rarely makes an error, runs the ball back hard, breaks tackles and scores tries. Everything you want in a winger. Would hardly say Kemp is way better than Williams either, if he is better it is marginal.

I'm not begrudging Williams or anything, I just fee sorry for some of the other players who I think were more deserving. He's a good winger, but lacks class.

JT_

Juniors
I dont see how anyone can object to Monaghan being picked. His form has been rock solid since the back end of '07.

Ram Man

Juniors
I just don't think he's as good a finisher as some of the wingers out there with the ability to get outside their opponent and beat them for pace to the corner

So class has nothing to do with it, you just dont think he can beat a man with pace...I fail to see how "class" is a reason for not thinking his selection is sound.
I have seen him use his pace and finish quite well this year...just because he doesnt do it every game doesnt mean he cant...you need to be presented with an opportunity to do it. No point in doing it when you have 1m to work in...

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Morris twins?! Amos Roberts?!

Williams has a terrific try scoring rate, and runs the pay back better than anyone else in the comp. Deserves his position, no doubt.

Latest posts