What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian Summer

CMUX

This isn't the 2000s anymore, beating Australia is no longer the Holy Grail of Test cricket. I'm afraid that when you're beaten at home in two out of three summers you become irrelevant.

If we beat England in England we have more than justified our no1 ranking.

You don't judge a team on how they perform in the fifth best country in the world, you judge them on how they performed in the best.

You do if they don’t win and that was the point of the post.

franklin2323

Immortal
:D:D:D Tri series back!! That with the future's cup being fixed up is 2 good decisions from CA this week. More then the last 2 years

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Tests are of interest, won't be watching the ret, and will not be buying tickets, until hildud is farked off.

Hallatia

Referee
So Sri Lanka come out for the 2nd Summer in a row and still no Tests...
Maybe they're not interested in playing tests here. Australia play them in three tests over in the subcontinent in September, then they play South Africa in 4 in South Africa, probably only so much humiliation they can take in that arena... And don't want to give Australia the opportunity to move ahead of them in ICC rankings

TheParraboy

Staff member
Maybe they're not interested in playing tests here. Australia play them in three tests over in the subcontinent in September, then they play South Africa in 4 in South Africa, probably only so much humiliation they can take in that arena... And don't want to give Australia the opportunity to move ahead of them in ICC rankings

Maybe Murali is their test match scheduling officer :lol:

sam54no

Juniors
Anyone know when the schedule for our tour of the west indies comes out? I'm hoping to go to wrestlemania in Miami on April 1 and catching a test match either before or after. Not that fussed where in the carribean it is, since miami is pretty close.

Thanks in advance

Hallatia

Referee
Anyone know when the schedule for our tour of the west indies comes out? I'm hoping to go to wrestlemania in Miami on April 1 and catching a test match either before or after. Not that fussed where in the carribean it is, since miami is pretty close.

Thanks in advance
Late 2011, is all I've been able to gather, but it should be out soon I would say.
Third tri series final is March 8 and WIndies tour starts in March and is set to be 4 tests, 5 ODIs, so there should definitely be plenty of it after April 1.

Hallatia

Referee
Is it just me, or is this utterly ridiculous?
Australian players' Big Bash League headache
Daniel Brettig
June 15, 2011
Australian cricket's playing and marketing imperatives are again colliding, this time over the matter of Test players taking part in the early rounds of the expanded Big Bash League.

As part of the push to sell the new league and its eight manufactured teams to the public, Cricket Australia wants all of its centrally-contracted players to take part in the first round of the competition, tentatively scheduled for December 16 to 20.

This would allow maximum exposure for the new competition, and also mean the game's most reliable current assets, namely the likes of Michael Clarke, Shane Watson and Ricky Ponting, could be used liberally in advertising and publicity for the BBL.

However an agreement is yet to be reached between CA management, marketing and coaching staff over the issue of how to use the time between the end of the New Zealand Test series on December 13 in Hobart and the start of the India series on December 26 with the Boxing Day Test at the MCG.

"It's still being resolved. We're obviously keen for them to be available to play if the schedule and their physical shape allows it," a CA spokesman told ESPNcricinfo. "They're the biggest names and the most popular cricketers in the country so we'd obviously like them to be a part of as much as possible."

Australia's Test and limited-overs players have always missed parts or all of the domestic Twenty20 competition because it has clashed with the concluding weeks of the Test summer and the bulk of the ODI programme.

But the change to city-based teams and the paucity of genuine international talent available for the first edition of the tournament due to scheduling conflicts has intensified the demand for Australian internationals among franchises.

Given that Australia will have just completed their third Test series in as many months, including the tours of Sri Lanka and South Africa that precedes the New Zealand series, recovery time for captain Clarke, his deputy Watson and the fast bowler Mitchell Johnson, among others, will be at a premium.

Another issue will be maximising the team's preparation for the task of facing up to India, currently the world's No.1 ranked Test team, in what has arguably become Australia's biggest international rivalry outside of the Ashes. Where once the Australians could afford to take the odd preparatory shortcut due to an undisputed ranking at the top, now they have no choice but to plan diligently or face the consequences.

"The coaches are just making sure they've got enough time after the New Zealand series and before the India series starting on Boxing Day," the spokesman said. "We need to make sure their workload is managed. Even if it's agreed that players are available for certain matches, an individual assessment for each player will have to be made at the time regarding injuries, workload and individual programmes.

"These guys are going to be sought after by the BBL teams regardless of how many matches they can play, because they will help to sell the teams to the public."

Last summer the financial and cricketing interests of CA were muddled on more than one occasion. Michael Hussey and Doug Bollinger were handicapped when they were forced to stay behind at the T20 Champions League in South Africa with their IPL team Chennai Super Kings rather than preparing for the Test series in India.

Upon the team's return home, a pre-determined marketing plan to announce the Ashes squad at a public event in Sydney's Circular Quay - 10 days before the first Test - saw the selectors name an indecisive 17-man squad, causing what Simon Katich revealed to be a rumble of instability through the team before the first Test.
Source

More evidence to the fact that cricket Australia administration is a joke.

Bazal

Post Whore
Sudhir seems concerned about India's status as the top side...maybe worried it won't last long? No need to bring it up all over the place...

Anyway, great to see two games at Manuka plus the state games NSW are playing here...just a pain that the Chairmans XI game is shceduled for bloody Christmas week, the one week in the year I will be completely unable to go :fist:

yappy

Bench
Is the NSW domestic schedule out as well?

No not yet, went looking for it after the talk of playing at Manuka, which I hadn't heard.

ACA has to release the domestic draw/schedule before the Blues can allocate grounds.

fingers crossed they go to Blacktown again. Really enjoyed the day out there.

Red Bear

Referee
I like $1 trips to the cricket ground tbh (although I wish i could drink proper beer from the members rather than $6 VB's when there are about 300 people there

IanG

Coach
No not yet, went looking for it after the talk of playing at Manuka, which I hadn't heard.

ACA has to release the domestic draw/schedule before the Blues can allocate grounds.

fingers crossed they go to Blacktown again. Really enjoyed the day out there.

And Newcastle

yappy

Bench
And Newcastle

As nice as day at the SCG is, it's fantastic Cricket NSW are taking the game to the people. Would be great if a few other spots could get a game like Wagga, Coffs or Bathurst. Obviously dependent on facilities, but I'm sure a good quality surface could be arranged for these games. Bowral would be great for me.

Also hope the Lankans play a warm up game in Sydney. Went to see them when they played Bankstown a few years ago and that was a great day with around 2000 people there.

Latest posts