What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian Test Team

Razor

Coach
aqua_duck said:
What are you smoking?
Dean Young???
The guy is still unproven at NRL level let alone test level,

He's proven at NRL level, not test level yet because he hasn't played. Brent Tate has and has he proven himself? No

Carlaw has been hampered from injury this season.

So has Berrigan, Tate, Tahu and they made the side. Carlaw is over his injury now, and has been amongst the best forwards in the comp. With a lot of forwards injured, there's not really any other forwards out there.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Well, I'm a tad disappointed, but that happens every freaking selection.

I question the choices of (in order, 1 being the most questionable):

1 Tate - 3 games back, has done nothing, was the worst Bronco on the field against the Tigers

2 De Vere - you're kidding me? So ordinary, only there for his goal kicking, even I would prefer to see Schif there or at fullback at Mini on the wing

3 Tahu/Gidley - they always seem to have just ONE decent game that always gets them selected, are mediocre otherwise

4 Crocker - i'm no fan (personal opinion)

I like that they chose Gower, and there are some good selections like the Panthers players and Hindmarsh and Berrigan, but I can't see Aus losing anyway.

And to the people who suggested ryan Cross and Dean Young, thanks for making my day. was quite a laugh!! :clap:

Kiwi

First Grade
Aqua Duck

No I don't think Tate should be there either, only 3 games back and just getting back into it.

Personally I think Berrigan should have been the first centre picked, but can understand his bench spot as an impact player with utility value.

As for those saying Cross has been in worse form than Hodges, yeah right, no one playing league on the planet has been in worse form than Hodges, except maybe the Sharks and Manly.

On Devere, what has he done wrong? He has scored 3 tries and is the leading pointscorer in the comp.

Dane Carlaw should not have been selected who ever said that.

Petero has been in sensational form this year, who ever said he wasn't is just a goose.

Parra_Boy

Juniors
I don't see why soo many people are suprised of Hindmarsh's inclusion...He's been the best second rower this season, just look at his work rates each game, for the whole 80 minutes. I wouldn't of minded seeing Grothe, Cooper and Lewis get a run as they to have been playing pretty good footy for the WHOLE season....not like Tate who has play like 2 games, and Tahu and Gidley haven't been that amazing.

And what about Amos Roberts? He would've been in contention and surley deserved a spot.

Latest posts