What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian Test Team

Glenn

First Grade
Hmm, I am assuming the ARL have been in touch with the Newcastle Medicos regarding BK :?:

aqua_duck

Coach
roosterbooster1 said:
I don't get what everyone has against Tahu and Gidley
They are the most potent winger/centre combination in the game
They tore up the Roosters today
You see people tend to not take notice of games but rather go by something that Melon started a few seasons back (the whole turnstyles thing), even though statistically Matt Gidley is one of the better defensive centres in the game and even though roosters today got most of their tries down the newcastle left hand side as did Dragons two weeks ago and the eels before that, isn't a coincidence that most team that beat us tend to expose our left hand side rather than attack the turnstyle?

aqua_duck

Coach
I Bleed Green said:
Berrigan and Tate fully deserve their selections IMO.
How can you justify that statement? I agree with Berrigan but Tate has had 3 games back from a career threatening injury which was suppose to see him out for the season, and in 2 of those 3 games he's pretty much done nothing, fully deserved it in my opinion :roll: :roll: :roll:

NPK

Bench
woodgers said:
I knew what was coming this afternoon listening to the Wayne Bennett interview on ABC radio. When asked about the fullback/wing/goalkicking problem Wayne said he leaned towards De Vere. He said his reason was that Schifcofske had not played enough of the pressure origin style games. The fact is though Wayne, you were the one excluding him all this time in favour of your Broncos. And once again the politics and favouritism has seen you ruin his test hopes. I don't think Schifcofske did himself any favours last night, but still should have been there before De Vere.

Did anyone see the Kurt Gidley try today? Minichello as the last line of defence is horrible. That was my argument all last week. He was beating 2 every time he got the ball and is great with ball in hand. His defence could be a problem for Australia in the test.

Sorry Tommy, I still disagree with Crocker. I am not a Rooster hater, I think Minichello, Wing, Fitzgibbon should all walk into the test team. However Crocker being selected for Australia devalues the jumper. I struggle to see his value to the Roosters let alone the his Country. A disgrace.

Kiwi, do you watch footy? Personally, Ryan Cross has been the worst player in a Roosters jumper this year. He is horribly out of form, even worse than Hodges. I would love to see his missed tackle count for the year. Just as bad with the ball in the hand. Ricky needs to fix this area very quickly.

Gower deserved the halfback spot in my opinion. Kimmorley has not played enough good games.

Good luck to Waterhouse. He is a good young player. I still think that if he played for Canberra or Melbourne he would not get near the test team. He plays for the right club as with others.

Has Tate played enough games? Enough for Bennett I say.

The bias is out of control. The best solution would be to get a test coach with no links or affilliations to any club. But who?

You'll find that Bennett was not playing favourites because he was not involved in the selection process.

Raider_69

Post Whore
NPK said:
woodgers said:
I knew what was coming this afternoon listening to the Wayne Bennett interview on ABC radio. When asked about the fullback/wing/goalkicking problem Wayne said he leaned towards De Vere. He said his reason was that Schifcofske had not played enough of the pressure origin style games. The fact is though Wayne, you were the one excluding him all this time in favour of your Broncos. And once again the politics and favouritism has seen you ruin his test hopes. I don't think Schifcofske did himself any favours last night, but still should have been there before De Vere.

Did anyone see the Kurt Gidley try today? Minichello as the last line of defence is horrible. That was my argument all last week. He was beating 2 every time he got the ball and is great with ball in hand. His defence could be a problem for Australia in the test.

Sorry Tommy, I still disagree with Crocker. I am not a Rooster hater, I think Minichello, Wing, Fitzgibbon should all walk into the test team. However Crocker being selected for Australia devalues the jumper. I struggle to see his value to the Roosters let alone the his Country. A disgrace.

Kiwi, do you watch footy? Personally, Ryan Cross has been the worst player in a Roosters jumper this year. He is horribly out of form, even worse than Hodges. I would love to see his missed tackle count for the year. Just as bad with the ball in the hand. Ricky needs to fix this area very quickly.

Gower deserved the halfback spot in my opinion. Kimmorley has not played enough good games.

Good luck to Waterhouse. He is a good young player. I still think that if he played for Canberra or Melbourne he would not get near the test team. He plays for the right club as with others.

Has Tate played enough games? Enough for Bennett I say.

The bias is out of control. The best solution would be to get a test coach with no links or affilliations to any club. But who?

You'll find that Bennett was not playing favourites because he was not involved in the selection process.

can i have a show of hands who acually beleives this?
**keeps hand firmly placed in pockets**

keeney

First Grade
yeh didnt he remove himself from ti to elinminate the incessant calls of bias selections from fans?

thuganomics

Coach
Tate getting in was the biggest load of..... :twisted: And BK not even being put in, he shoul'd of got in and seen if he could of passed a fitness test.

keeney

First Grade
its convenient his injury, cos there are alot of good locks and 2nd rowers, theres no indication he'll eb fit, as good as he is, this leaves the door open for others whoa re 100%, its pertty straight forward

Misanthrope

Staff member
aqua_duck said:
even though roosters today got most of their tries down the newcastle left hand side as did Dragons two weeks ago and the eels before that, isn't a coincidence that most team that beat us tend to expose our right hand side rather than attack the turnstyle?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't most of the tries in the Dragons' game come down the side Carmont and Richardson were defending?

Raider_69

Post Whore
keeney said:
yeh didnt he remove himself from ti to elinminate the incessant calls of bias selections from fans?

he can say what he likes, he got the players he wanted

woodgers

Bench
That's not what he said on the Radio. He said that he has a large say and would be trying to push in the way of De Vere. I support the idea of the coach having a say, after all he needs to work a game plan and combinations with players being thrown together. My issue is when that coach has interests in a certain club and his players are being picked. I have no issue with Berrigan, he has been fantastic as has Lockyer. Tate and De Vere no way. Even Civoneceva was lucky to retain his spot he hasn't been overly impressive. I mean there have been better 2nd rowers getting around this year hasn't there?

imasharkie

Coach
Matta said:
Anthony Minichiello
Timana Tahu
Matt Gidley
Brent Tate
Michael De Vere
Darren Lockyer (c)
Craig Gower
Shaun Timmins
Nathan Hindmarsh
Petero Civoniceva
Joel Clinton
Danny Buderus
Shane Webcke

Shaun Berrigan
Michael Crocker
Trent Waterhouse
Luke Bailey

got it off ABC radio
SIX broncos in the team and Bennett has no say,ha, what a crap team. I got better things to do on friday night, I'll get all my league action on saturday and sunday. I hope the panthers trash the broncs this weekend

Razor

Coach
Bennett said that he wasn't going to be involved, but then the next day said he was talking to the QRL selectors about which players he wanted.

aqua_duck

Coach
chriswalkerbush said:
aqua_duck said:
even though roosters today got most of their tries down the newcastle left hand side as did Dragons two weeks ago and the eels before that, isn't a coincidence that most team that beat us tend to expose our right hand side rather than attack the turnstyle?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't most of the tries in the Dragons' game come down the side Carmont and Richardson were defending?
Thats how most teams are picking us off this season.

aqua_duck

Coach
Razor said:
Young instead of Crocker
Orford instead of Gower
Carlaw added to the bench for Berrigan.
What are you smoking?
Dean Young???
The guy has played only a handful of NRL games and is still unproven at NRL level let alone test level, Gower is the number 1 halfback in the NRL at present and has been for the past 18 months, he most likely would have won the Dally M last year and captained his side to the premiership, and Carlaw has been hampered from injury this season.

Latest posts