What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian Test Team

ANR

Juniors
i dont think gidley deserved a spot..... i would have put berrigan in the starting line up

cross and hodges shouldnt have even been considered....

aqua_duck

Coach
Kiwi said:
If that is the side, then the travisty is not Kimmorley missing out, it's Cross from the Roosters and Grothe from the Eels missing out for those 2 hacks from Newcastle.
Yep and even though Brent Tate has played 3 games, done basically nothing after a serious career threatening injury and yeah he fully deserves his spot doesn't he? :roll: :roll: :roll:

ledzep

Bench
I don't get what everyone has against Tahu and Gidley
They are the most potent winger/centre combination in the game
They tore up the Roosters today

RB30DETT

Juniors
There will always be controversy when a team is picked, someone will always be dissapointed that their teams players were not selected, but I must say I am happy that none of my team were selected for this one off test.

No chance of a season ending injury in a game which means virtually nothing.

Eels Dude

Coach
Good side. Congrats to Hindmarsh, his selection is well deserved and a long time coming. Also happy to see Craig Gower and Joel Clinton in the side.

And applauds to Ben Kennedy for not being bitter about being overlooked cause of injury when he was actually fit. He could have had a big whinge about it but appears to have just accepted that mistakes do happen.

Razor

Coach
Grothe instead of Devere
Berrigan instead of Tate
Lewis instead of Tahu
Young instead of Crocker
Orford instead of Gower
Carlaw added to the bench for Berrigan.

None of the decisions are that bad except for Tate.

Eels Dude

Coach
Salmon said:
Hopefully they'll lose and come crawling back to Noddy. Not that I give a sh*t about test football.

Seems only Sharks supporters are upset about Kimmorley missing out. I've got nothing against him, I think he's a terrific player but there is no doubt Gower has been the form halfback for the past yr.

woodgers

Bench
I knew what was coming this afternoon listening to the Wayne Bennett interview on ABC radio. When asked about the fullback/wing/goalkicking problem Wayne said he leaned towards De Vere. He said his reason was that Schifcofske had not played enough of the pressure origin style games. The fact is though Wayne, you were the one excluding him all this time in favour of your Broncos. And once again the politics and favouritism has seen you ruin his test hopes. I don't think Schifcofske did himself any favours last night, but still should have been there before De Vere.

Did anyone see the Kurt Gidley try today? Minichello as the last line of defence is horrible. That was my argument all last week. He was beating 2 every time he got the ball and is great with ball in hand. His defence could be a problem for Australia in the test.

Sorry Tommy, I still disagree with Crocker. I am not a Rooster hater, I think Minichello, Wing, Fitzgibbon should all walk into the test team. However Crocker being selected for Australia devalues the jumper. I struggle to see his value to the Roosters let alone the his Country. A disgrace.

Kiwi, do you watch footy? Personally, Ryan Cross has been the worst player in a Roosters jumper this year. He is horribly out of form, even worse than Hodges. I would love to see his missed tackle count for the year. Just as bad with the ball in the hand. Ricky needs to fix this area very quickly.

Gower deserved the halfback spot in my opinion. Kimmorley has not played enough good games.

Good luck to Waterhouse. He is a good young player. I still think that if he played for Canberra or Melbourne he would not get near the test team. He plays for the right club as with others.

Has Tate played enough games? Enough for Bennett I say.

The bias is out of control. The best solution would be to get a test coach with no links or affilliations to any club. But who?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
In my opinion they picked a pretty good team. Sure they picked Tahu and Gidley who are overated, but its hardly suprising they picked them. De Vere wasnt a bad selection, even people are saying he hasnt done much, but he hasnt been to bad. Although I think Luke Lewis can consider himself unlucky.

Craig Gower obviously deserved selection, he is the form halfback of the competition. And finally Nathan Hindmarsh gets a go for Australia, its a been a while, the 2000 World Cup was his last appearence, and now he'll make his test debut. :D

thuganomics

Coach
Orford i thought could be a bolter with all the attention on Kimmorley and Gower.
I just think he needs a Origin series first.

Latest posts