What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian third test side.

Matt23

Staff member
Where as North is a brown noser who is apparently very popular with his team mates.

Batman Returns

Juniors
Ponting's averaging 23.33 in this series, and yet most arm-chair selectors are still picking him. I guess when there are no other candidates, what do you do?? Stick with the guy averaging 23.33 when his balance and footwork have deserted him? He seems to be squinting when he goes searching for the ball; maybe eye-sight going as well?
It's a shame when over-the-hill players hang about when they can no longer cut it. Maybe the selectors will quietly show him the door. It seems the merciful thing to do.

JJ

Immortal
Dickhead.

Ian Healy was what, 9 matches in to his first class career when selected and became the greatest ever gloveman or should we just wait until they're over 30 like Hussey?

Greatest ever gloveman? pfffft

I seriously don't expect many changes... England are a better side, and I don't really see how Australia can win the Ashes back in this series... but they can play better, and none of the alternatives people are talking up will make much difference tbh

Last week it was a travesty Bollinger was left out in Brisbane, and he would be the saviour in Adelaide - that worked out well eh? And before you all say it was a road, that might be so - but Anderson, Broad and Finn all looked more threatening

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I agree Batman. I also think Watson has brought an aura of negativity into the side too. You were the best team in the world before he came along. He should certainly be dropped too.

JJ

Immortal
Where as North is a brown noser who is apparently very popular with his team mates.

what's wrong with that - is it better to be Clarke, and slip your tongue up the power brokers' arses and annoy your teammates?

Katich will be a huge loss - lot to like about him... not the least that he was keen on pummelling Clarke!

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I miss Broad already. He would have been a fearsome prospect at the WACA. Oh well - Tremlett is in okay form. Just not the same.

Batman Returns

Juniors
I think England would have won inside 3 days if they had Broad at the WACA. His style of bowling is tailor made for Perth. What a tragedy for England. They should still win quite easily, but it will probably not be the absolute smashing it could have been.

chefman21

Juniors
Dickhead.

Ian Healy was what, 9 matches in to his first class career when selected and became the greatest ever gloveman or should we just wait until they're over 30 like Hussey?

The difference between Maddinson and Healy is that Healy was much further developed at the same stage of his career. Maddinson still has a lot more to learn. The last thing we should be doing is putting that kind of pressure on him.

JJ

Immortal
Where's Sidebottom... he could show Bollinger and Johnson how a left arm medium pacer should bowl!

Probably the only change will see Hughes come in for Katich. I wouldn't be suprised to see Mitchell Johnson come straight back in either, probably for Doherty and play 4 quicks at the WACA

JJ

Immortal
Probably the only change will see Hughes come in for Katich. I wouldn't be suprised to see Mitchell Johnson come straight back in either, probably for Doherty and play 4 quicks at the WACA

Not sure Bollinger, Johnson, or Siddle should be called quick.... Bollinger looked a medium pacer, the other two medium fast as best...

Batman Returns

Juniors
Where's Sidebottom... he could show Bollinger and Johnson how a left arm medium pacer should bowl!

England have an embarrassment of riches aye. Their 2nd 11 could beat these limp aussies. The strayan captain is averaging 23.33....I can see another Kim Hughes moment is on the cards.

D

Deleted member 10972

Shane Watson since returning to the Test side:

16 games, 1446 runs @ 51.64, 28 wickets @ 27.50

SUMMARY: In great form with both bat and ball, must be in the side at all costs. The best all-round cricketer we have, to be honest.

Simon Katich since returning to the Test side up until India series:

29 games, 2721 runs @ 54.42

Simon Katich from beginning of India series until now:

4 games, 207 runs @ 25.87

SUMMARY: Integral figure in the team at the top of the order, but sharp drop of form over the last two series. Too good to cut just yet.

Michael Clarke since returning to the Test side up until the India series:

40 games, 3391 runs @ 58.46

Michael Clarke from beginning of India series until now:

4 games, 126 runs @ 18.00

SUMMARY: Again, been a very important figure in our batting lineup for quite some time now, but had a sharp drop of form in recent times. Is young too, must be persisted with.

Coming soon - analysis of Hussey, North and Ponting.

wavell_cowboy

Juniors
Hodge
Watson
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Mcdonald
Haddin
Hauritz
Harris
Siddle
Johnson

Wont happen, not enough overpaid, overrated nsw player in that squad for the selectors to take a gamble on. They need to stop bowling watson, they cannot expect him to score big hundreds at the top of the order plus bowl 20 overs per day.

Batman Returns

Juniors
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, Courier New, Arial]People can come up with statistics to prove anything, Mack. 14% of people know that.
[/FONT]

Doherty will get owned by the Poms again if he plays...he could not turn a ball to save himself.

Johnson is out of form..leave him out.

JJ

Immortal
Doherty earns his wages by getting Pieterson out - job done!

And to be fair, he got 20% of Australia's wickets - harsh to drop someone who's put in an effort like that

Batman Returns

Juniors
Doherty earns his wages by getting Pieterson out - job done!

And to be fair, he got 20% of Australia's wickets - harsh to drop someone who's put in an effort like that

You can't drop your best bowler. I'd be shocked if they dropped X Doherty. There is no-one close to his standard in Australian domestic cricket at the moment.