What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Authorities investigate medical service deal with league star Greg Inglis

I still want to hear the work that GI did to justify the $, seriously neither him nor Fifita can string a sentence together ffs.

Eion

First Grade
I think the nrl should publish the contracts and tpa of individual players in the interests of fairness to fans.

100%. The first step is transparency. All TPAs need to be public.

If there's an investigative journalist left in this country they would have a deadset field day. But I doubt it would take that much - prof google would likely be all that's required.

Perth Red

Post Whore
BM also. I have never and would never argue against charity donation. It's one of the most worthwhile ways to spend a dollar.

I simply argue against the idiotic notion that a charity paying for marketing is wrong.

I agree all charities have marketing budgets, some very significant. However we are not taking about general marketing, we are talking about paying a millionaire sportsman to promote the charity. That is a very very different thing. As I said I do not know of a charity that does this, we would never do it and do not need to as we have generous decent people who use their fame for good, not to make a buck out a charity. It's a question of morals and you seem to be the only person on here who considers it morally ok for a sportsman to make money out a charity.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I agree all charities have marketing budgets, some very significant. However we are not taking about general marketing, we are talking about paying a millionaire sportsman to promote the charity. That is a very very different thing. As I said I do not know of a charity that does this, we would never do it and do not need to as we have generous decent people who use their fame for good, not to make a buck out a charity. It's a question of morals and you seem to be the only person on here who considers it morally ok for a sportsman to make money out a charity.
So paying a millionaire sportsman for marketing is wrong but paying a billionaire media mogul to run an ad is morally ok?

Any tax free entity or entity that gets government money should have to publicly display how all moneys are spent yearly to the public IMO.

Perth Red

Post Whore
So paying a millionaire sportsman for marketing is wrong but paying a billionaire media mogul to run an ad is morally ok?

Yes. You seem to be learning.

It's not the charity that's morally wrong, it might actually generate a great deal of marketing value and be worth it to them. It is the famous person taking the money that is morally wrong when 99% of celebrities and sportsmen do it out of duty, respect for the charities work or just to give somehing back to the community.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
See above, it is the man that is wrong not the charity. Arguably the media outlet that doesn't offer a free or great deal for the charity is equally morally questionable.

The_Savage_1

Juniors
Wouldn't surprise me if someone affiliated with Souths made donations to the charity equal to or exceeding the payments made to Inglis.

I would imagine this is more of a cap management issue than a rorting a charity issue.

Mr Spock!

Referee
If there is anything to learn, don't donate to charities.
The money gets lost in admin and this kind of bullshit and doesn't reach the ones it's intended for.

Thanks for the refresher course Greg.

Charities have employees too.

soc123_au

Staff member
Billionaire media moguls run adds for things in exchange for money. Millionaire sportsmen play sport in exchange for money.

Wouldn't surprise me if someone affiliated with Souths made donations to the charity equal to or exceeding the payments made to Inglis.

I would imagine this is more of a cap management issue than a rorting a charity issue.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Souths donate $90k (whatever the amount is each year), AMS pays Inglis $90k. No connection whatsoever. :sarcasm:

Mr Spock!

Referee
Yes. You seem to be learning.

It's not the charity that's morally wrong, it might actually generate a great deal of marketing value and be worth it to them. It is the famous person taking the money that is morally wrong when 99% of celebrities and sportsmen do it out of duty, respect for the charities work or just to give somehing back to the community.

Steve Renouf did ads for diabetes. Did he get paid?

Does Glenn McGrath get paid for work on the Jane McGrath Foundation.

Wonder what the Shane Warne Foundation supports?

BunniesMan

Immortal
Billionaire media moguls run adds for things in exchange for money. Millionaire sportsmen play sport in exchange for money.

GI has a clothing range. So in this made up world of fake morals and ethics it would be ok for the charity to pay him to produce shirts with their logo on them?

Latest posts