What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Autumn 2022

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Our Lord and saviour Peter V’Landy’s putting a 2m dollar race on cup day. Watch the Vicmongs lose their shit. Delicious.

I legit LOL'd when I read this news this morning....Really obvious idea when you think about it, Cup Day is always a cracker but all the other meetings/races are usually mediocre at best. Gives something else for the punters to get excited for.

The Mexicans will be throwing their Tacos out of the Cot for sure though.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I legit LOL'd when I read this news this morning....Really obvious idea when you think about it, Cup Day is always a cracker but all the other meetings/races are usually mediocre at best. Gives something else for the punters to get excited for.

The Mexicans will be throwing their Tacos out of the Cot for sure though.
It will be worth it just for the lol’s. 2 mil well spent.

Mong

Post Whore
I don't really get how it benefits horse racing to be encroaching on each others big carnival days just to piss them off. Then again I'm not from Sydney or Melbourne so give no f**ks about how folk in either city feel about each other :)

As long as it isn’t a staying race it just adds extra interest to the day. If it is a staying race there will be uproar but it will also be likely to attract a field of plodders. Just call it the Chris Waller benefit stakes if that’s the case.

You're right. The devil will be in the detail as always. And if they are projecting “The Big Dance” as a Country Cup Final, that’s cool but I would like to see the little blokes get a fair lick instead Waller just filling the race.

Anyway, I was listening to the RSN podcasts this morning and the Melbums were discussing it through gritted teeth which made me laugh and gave it points from me, straight off the bat. 😁

Lemon Squash

First Grade
As long as it isn’t a staying race it just adds extra interest to the day. If it is a staying race there will be uproar but it will also be likely to attract a field of plodders. Just call it the Chris Waller benefit stakes if that’s the case.

There’s legit one of these races every Saturday in Sydney anyways

So if not staying, what distance?

Couldn’t possibly be another mile race? 1800? 2000?

Try and promote the national bloodstock to a bit more endurance?

I’m hoping Think It Over can strike a blow for the little guys tomorrow.

I’ve got a small share with a Caravaggio gelding with Kerry Parker and it would be good to see him get the chocolates.

Not a bad looking race at all. I don’t mind that I Am Superman either.

Latest posts