What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Awful parramatta stadium

sportive cupid said:
mickdo said:
hybrid_tiger said:
theicemandanno said:
'Hey i remember parra last year, took 25 mins to get my ticket. Better buy my ticket early or get to the ground earlier on the day'.

If you had half a brain dumbarse you would have had this thought and we wouldnt be having this conversation.

Nuff said.

I take it you are talking to me?

If you were able to read, I stated previously that I didn't know I was going to be attending the game until late Friday afternoon, so pre-purchasing tickets was not an option.

W@nker.
you could have strolled into any ticketek office that afternoon, or into one that opens on saturday...
Actually [pre-purchasing tickets would not have helped you much on Saturday afternoon seeing how all the ppl standing in the PRE_PURCHASED TICKETS queue were also unable to get their tickets
ohh and btw MITS the chaps you saw chatting at the ticket windows at 5.10 would have been chatting about how they couldnt get in to the grounds cause the computers were down :roll:

Acutally as I said in my post

at around 20 to 5 and decided while speaking to watch what was happening. I honestly noticed a group of 3 standing at a ticket window, chatting with each other for over 10 minutes. No wonder the line was moving slowly.

The time I inducate there is 4:40 - 4:50 PM

bartman

Immortal
For some league games in England, they actually make it compulsory to pre-buy and pick-up your tickets before the match. If you turn up on the day without a ticket at Leigh Centurions for example then you just don't get to go in the ground.

It's the same for selected games involving other Superleague clubs too. I think this policy arose from having too many similar situations with large/late arriving crowds, and people missing out on kick-off, as well as from experiences with large soccer crowds?

fish eel

Immortal
Pre-purchasing tickets, Ok, you havent done that, wake up saturday, come lunch time decide to go to the game, then why not go to a club, ticketek and even ring up and book your ticket????

Its not that hard.

sportive cupid

Referee
oh i beg your pardon Mits sorry.
It is extremely unlikely that security would have allowed 3 ppl to just stand and chat and hold up the lines.But even if they did it is unlikely that this would have caused such a bank up.I was itn the line on Saturday and a gentloeman in front of me at approx 455pm said that the computers were down.I know this was the time because I moved to the back ticket office at 500pm.At the front the story was that the computers were not down at the back.
This may or may not be the case BUT we were told that.
The bottom line is that pre-purchasing tickets would not have helped if you arrived at 4.40 or later,and that is not an acceptable state of affairs.
But I understand that glutches occur and i have long since forgiven thoser responsible.I hope this doesnt turn into a debate about seqason ticket holders versus others.

Anyrate, some thoughts on the Entire situation and how to fix it.

1) all tickets purchased at the ground are on a best available only status, No asking for a specific area in a specific stand.

2) Credit Cars Purchases are to be made at a seperate window / Line with ATMs outside the ground to allow people to "Cash Up"

3) Both Gates to the GA have ticket booths, apart from the number of STH's on each hill, that number of GA tickets should be printed and handed out directly from that Booth to go into the Gate beside it. (these Booths should be cash only)

4) Ensure one ticketek member, per computer, per Printer, Per window.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
ParraDude_Jay said:
So it's Parra stadium's fault that you couldn't make up your mind until not even 24 hours before the game?

"Tomorrow I'll just stroll down to an event with 10's of thousands of people, and expect to get my ticket then, rather than play it safe and go to one of the numerous Ticketek offices around the area, and they should cater to me because I'm a lazy ratbag!"

Parramatta Stadium are not responsible, It's you being too damn lazy and unorganized to go and get tickets that morning, and you could have done that. But you roll up at the stadium and expect tickets to just be waiting for you. It isn't Parra's fault that the system broke down, and you took that risk by not getting your tickets that morning. It's your fault, and you have no right to complain.

You don't just make up your mind the night before the game, that's stupid. And so are you for blaming Parra for this.

:roll:

Yeah, it's my fault that Ticketek systems were down.

Gawd, some of you people are unbelieveable and are taking this as some sort of bitter swipe at your club. Grow up.

For your information, I was busy coaching during the morning - I had absolutely no time to drive all the way into Parramatta and get tickets, then come home and go back again. FFS.

There is obviously a problem because I am not the only one who complained. They need more ticket booths, it's as simple as that.

I got their more than an hour before the game - let me guess, that's not early enough? Maybe next time, I'll camp overnight to ensure I get in...

They should be able to cater for people who don't pre-purchase and who get their well before kick-off, as most other NRL grounds do.

chloe

Juniors
It was simply a problem with Ticketek, but some people see fit to use this as a swipe against anyone who doesn't turn up to watch Harold Matthews :roll:

sportive cupid

Referee
Yes ,next timeone of my son's is playing in the under 14's and the other is reffing the under8's I shall have to say"sorry kids gotta get to the game -support my team!!!!" :lol:

btaag

Juniors
Some good advice should be taken on board following what happened on Saturday night. More people at ticket booths, a separate booth for cash only (as is done at my temporary home in Canberra) and credit card only booths etc....
BUT I always prepurchase my tickets at Parramatta Stadium in order to get a good ticket. I dont have family commitments on game day so I can go to the club before hand, have a meal and pick up my tickets. If I did have family commitments I would prepurchase my tickets and have them delivered at my home in the week leading up to the game. The booking fee is the same if it gets delivered or if you pick it up so I dont see how hard that is to do. A ten minute phone call to Ticketek (after checking which bay you want ot sit in from the Parra / Ticketek site) is all you need to do. From past Tigers vs Parra games, especially on Anzac Day weekend, the crowds are going to be long. It was just as bad last year.

There were mitigating circumstances because of the computer malfunction and the people who got to the game late suffered. I have missed the start of some games because of line-ups, but I have been there early more often than not and have seen full games. LEts hope we dont go the way opf Union where it is expected that half the crowd will be outside on kickoff.

Parra stadium beats Cumberland anyday.

btaag

Juniors
On another note, if we start winning consistantly like in 2001, they can cater for big crowds.......I wouldnt want to be the guy pre-purchasing hot dogs at Parramatta Stadium the last 2 years given some of the really dissapointing results (Parra vs St George Flegg :evil: ) followed by great results (flogging Manly :lol: ).
Though I wont go too far in defending the CEO, it wouldnt be good business budgeting for a 25,000 crowd only to get 13000 through the gates. The club would lose alot of money. Hopefully we can learn from the Tigers game and fix up the problems and the team will keep winning and the big crowds will return on a consistent basis. :)

Agent Mulder

Bench
hybrid_tiger said:
ParraDude_Jay said:
So it's Parra stadium's fault that you couldn't make up your mind until not even 24 hours before the game?

"Tomorrow I'll just stroll down to an event with 10's of thousands of people, and expect to get my ticket then, rather than play it safe and go to one of the numerous Ticketek offices around the area, and they should cater to me because I'm a lazy ratbag!"

Parramatta Stadium are not responsible, It's you being too damn lazy and unorganized to go and get tickets that morning, and you could have done that. But you roll up at the stadium and expect tickets to just be waiting for you. It isn't Parra's fault that the system broke down, and you took that risk by not getting your tickets that morning. It's your fault, and you have no right to complain.

You don't just make up your mind the night before the game, that's stupid. And so are you for blaming Parra for this.

:roll:

Yeah, it's my fault that Ticketek systems were down.

Gawd, some of you people are unbelieveable and are taking this as some sort of bitter swipe at your club. Grow up.

For your information, I was busy coaching during the morning - I had absolutely no time to drive all the way into Parramatta and get tickets, then come home and go back again. FFS.

There is obviously a problem because I am not the only one who complained. They need more ticket booths, it's as simple as that.

I got their more than an hour before the game - let me guess, that's not early enough? Maybe next time, I'll camp overnight to ensure I get in...

They should be able to cater for people who don't pre-purchase and who get their well before kick-off, as most other NRL grounds do.

I got there around the same time you did, And i had no problem what so ever, I walked around to the Thornett Stand every man and there dog go to the Cronion stand side.I walked over to the West Terrace and they have 10 windows open and no one there, I had no problem, Service and waiting times were very acceptable.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Well, I wish I had it that easy.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway, next time I'll definately get tickets from the club beforehand. :thumn

scottyeel

Bench
hybrid_tiger said:
Well, I wish I had it that easy.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway, next time I'll definately get tickets from the club beforehand. :thumn
Or order them on the net and print them out at home.
Still, it definitely was a stuff up that should never happen again.

Suitman

Post Whore
Myabe its just because I frequent this Parra Bulletin Board, but I hear more complaints about Parra Stadium, than any other ground.
And frankly, most of them are warranted. God knows what the queues for beers would have been like on Saturday.
As it was, it was easy walking straight up to the Bar at Jindabyne Bowling Club.
I got in on time, and didn't have to queue for a piss. And the food was cheap.
And I yelled myself stupid.
And it cost me nothing to get in.

Hey, I might be onto something. ;-)

An unbiased opinion here.........Parramatta Stadium is probably the most poorly run Stadium in the NRL. Catering, security, ticketing, screen access. And I have been to them all except Dairy Farmers.

Suity

Utey

Coach
Only think wrong IMO with the stadium is the seats on the hill, and the advertising over covering the big screen.

PJ Marshal

Coach
personally i havnt been to the place but it cant be any worse than ANZ Stadium that place sucked donkeys nuts if it wasnt for our total domination there it would of been heaps un-swell

Latest posts