What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AZRL

joshreading

Staff member
A new site for the Arizona Rugby League is up. A game is coming up on the 7th. I still feel that the Amnrl does not seem to give much support to the West. Where is the West section on the Amnrl site?

Anyway it is www.azrl.com

joshreading

Staff member
actually they are not having a game on the 7th it is the game between the Yanks and Wyong

Jeffles

Bench
Why give them support when they have a blank website that is upodated once every two years. I'm not saying let them starve. But the AMNRL isn't rolling in money and we've heard nothing from AZ. What can you do

yankeeboy

Juniors
The best site I've found was http://amnrlwest.tripod.com/ which actually listed 2 games as scheduled (Los Angeles v Orange County and Tomahawks v Maori in Utah). News later said all fixtures were postponed until Summer 2004.

An article at http://www.blackathlete.net/Rugby/index.shtml actually had the most info. The best thing I can think of for people to do is to contact the people listed in the article. Btw, the email-address has changed, so to contact Arizona, use the one on www.azrl.com.

Otherwise, it might be best to contact the AMNRL directly. However, from what I've heard, David Niu doesn't really answer e-mails, so does anyone have other ways to contact the AMNRL?

Big Bunny

Juniors
Both of those websites are old news. The AZRL is nothing but Loren Broussard's fantasy. Every year there is a new update promising something and every year nothing happens. If and when rugby league gets off the ground in the west he may be involved but I sincerely doubt that he'll be the driving force.

yankeeboy

Juniors
Hot Dog/Grubsey;

Do you think you could ask Loren Broussard/Vea Ofa on the tour how serious the plans for Arizona/Utah League is for 2004?

hot dog

Juniors
YankeeBoy,

My last message meant that I don't think its too serious. I'd back Vea though.
I can give him a call, but unfortuneately neither he nor Loren made the Tomahawks touring squad.

yankeeboy

Juniors
I know Broussard makes a new AZRL site each year. Nothing at all has materialized in the past 4 years, so I doubt anything will happen, maybe they could start 1 club, but not a comp.

What are the chances of Vea Ofa getting a team/comp started in Salt Lake City.

Jeffles

Bench
If they start one club, then who would they play. AZ is too far to join the AMNRL North East.

Even 2 clubs would get sick of playing each other every week.

You'd need a minimum of 4 clubs. Very difficult, bu I never said it would be easy.

yankeeboy

Juniors
They could have it like the AFL.

For example, the Dallas Magpies play one "Mid America Australian Football League" game a month, play the Austin Crows about once a month, and participate in 2 or 3 tournaments a season.

They could do it like that- have the "Western Rugby League" teams play each other once (one game a month), and have "metro clubs" of 7s and 9s for off weekends. There could either be a WRL finals or a "East-West" tournament to determine the champion, and the winners could be rewarded with things like births in the RFL Challenge Cup- just as France and Russia do now.

Latest posts