What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barba the merkin

Dragon2010

First Grade
I'll stick with Dugan before I take Barba thanks, I think many clubs would keep theirs.

Anyway, never liked Barba. If all these points and such are now true then no sympathy or care for the merkin.

Mick111

Juniors
Any increase in his current contract price should be given to the dogs as compensation. Barba should not be benefiting financially by breaking his current contract, regardless of the reasoning. As this move is driven by the need to be closer to his family, rather than an attempt to grab more money, I’m sure he and his management will be happy with my suggestion.
P.S shame on you Brisbane. There seems to be a number of players that are happy to seek contract releases and request a move back to Brisbane. This is an incredibly risky move, unless of course the players and the mangers know there is a big fat contact available for their players waiting for them before they seek the release.

Dogs Of War

Coach
And with good reason......

Jealousy is a curse. Just cause you have watched the Bulldogs win more comps than your team has while you have been alive. Suck it up princess. You going to have to get used to it, cause it's what the Bulldogs do.

As for Barba, let him go to Brisbane, and get it done now so that he is happy knowing he leaves at the end of the season, and we may get some of his best footy out of him with his head in the right place.

ouwet

Bench
I don't undestand why opposition supporters are making a big fuss about this... Who gives a shit!! Go, stay... The club will still be around with or without Barba! Life goes on.

redvscotty

First Grade
Barba certainly looks like a merkin, came across alright on the coverage of the Seagulls QLD Cup game on the weekend though when they interviewed him on the sideline.

Given the stories about what he's been up to and the legendary Epic Bender Crew debacle, perhaps he should take some life lessons from his cousin, Tim Cahill.

Pretty hard to marry a girl after she breaks up with you. You should stop reading gossip mags.

I mean before this happened. YEARS AGO.

YOU f**kING DUMBASS.

I don't read gossip mags, this is common knowledge.

Typical Bronco's fan taking up for a guy who might join your team.

I suppose you think captain Thaiday's toilet behaviour was all good too?....How long has been with his mrs for again?

Last edited:

ek999

First Grade
In watching over 30 years of rugby league, I have never seen such a public display of destain from a player.

Up until last night, bulldog fans were clinging to the hope that Barba would remain at belmore, despite rumours to the contrary. Normally players would pussyfoot around that type of question.......give us a cliche.

Ben Barba wants nothing to do with Canterbury. He wants out of the toxic environment that now surrounds the once famous family club. Bulldog fans must feel totally gutted. Their dally m player of the year, and still their most potent player, has turned his back on the club that gave him his chance in the NRL.

So Barba is gone, who will replace him ? The dogs, even allowing for the fact that they have pilfered over 20 players from other clubs since 2009, will still have 2 million left in their salary cap.

It was a sad night for all bulldog supporters. Unfortunately 2014 can't come any quicker......or can it ?

Every Bulldogs fan has realised for quite some time that the chances of him being at the club were quite slim. So no, I'm not gutted, players will always come and go and they can be replaced.

However if you think the Bulldogs are just going to let him walk out the door without having a replacement lined up then you're wrong. There isn't a chance that Raelene and Des will leave us with a worse playing roster then the one we have now.

ek999

First Grade
BTW it's quite interesting that Folau apparantly agrred to terms with the ARU weeks ago yet his signing hasn't been announced yet...

Wonder if Izzy wants to go on a European tour before returning to League?

Allstar Knights

Juniors
He's turned into an arrogant little prick.

In the the Knights v Bulldogs game earlier this year, Barba absolutely ripped into Perrett for not covering a kick properly when it was just as much his own fault. He just seems extremely unhappy compared to last year.

Snappy

Coach
I mean before this happened. YEARS AGO.

YOU f**kING DUMBASS.

I don't read gossip mags, this is common knowledge.

Typical Bronco's fan taking up for a guy who might join your team.

I suppose you think captain Thaiday's toilet behaviour was all good too?....How long has been with his mrs for again?

:lol: You mad bro ? Why Ben and his ex never got married is none of mine, or your business.
From all accounts he went off the rails after the missus dumped him. I've seen that happen to many men, not just pro athletes.
They have kids though, and you cant blame a bloke for wanting to be near his kids. For all we know he may sign with the Titans so him leaving the Dogs doest mean he'll certainly end up at Brisbane.

Danish

Referee
Wouldn't it be hilarious if his ex was just completely bullshitting him about moving to Brisbane, in effect completing the greatest trolling of all time? Hell even if she is legit moving to Brissy, she should consider moving again 3 months after to really f**k him up :lol:

Then again she is probably smart enough to understand that she needs to keep the dickhead around for the money, which is why the details of whatever the hell happened at their place to force the "rehab" nonsense has never come out

Snappy

Coach
As for Thaiday, he has known his missus since high school but they only hooked up in recent years, and certainly after the infamous Alhumbra incident. What a single man does out on the town is none of my business.

Packy

Bench
The only deluded people here are those that think Dogs fans didn't see this coming. We'll be fine.

As for Ben. We can't not release him. Not in this day and age. So that will probably happen at the end of the season. If we were merkins about it we could keep him on role but leave him off training duties and let him live it up at home 27-7. If he wants to be paid he has to be available but we aren't obligated to keep him fit or train him. I wouldn't even play him in NSW Cup. Send him on charity jobs every day lol.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
With players wanting out, why aren't clubs wising up to the fact that the players contract with them is collateral to be used in bargaining?

Do Brisbane have a player the Dogs would want? Trade.

Do they not have a player they would want? Transfer fee.

ek999

First Grade
The only players worth getting from the Broncos are Hodges who is out for 10 months and Thaiday who they wouldnt release. On a smaller scale, the Bulldogs released Samisoni Langi to the Roosters early to get the two Perretts early

dogslife

Coach
A transfer fee would work for some clubs but not for others. The Donks have a bottomless pit of cash, but a lot of clubs struggle in that department