What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barba

My missus reckons that BB is going there for the fill in year (2019) that that Val is our fullback, then they'll swap Clubs for 2020
I thought, from her, it wasn't a bad theory:cool:

heights

Juniors
Townsville is a shithole.

How come all of a sudden everyone wants to live there.

You never saw Tallis or Thaiday wanting to rush back.

Wozza

Juniors
My missus reckons that BB is going there for the fill in year (2019) that that Val is our fullback, then they'll swap Clubs for 2020
I thought, from her, it wasn't a bad theory:cool:
The Cowboys signing Barba has thrown a spanner in the works for Valentine Holmes signing with them.

What happens if Barba goes there next year and tears it up like he has done in the English super league probably winning their equivalent to the Dally M?
Do you think for a minute they won't re-sign him at fullback for 2020 and beyond ?
If Barba plays for the cowboys there is no way Holmes is guaranteed the fullback position in 2020

Tiger Shark

Bench
The Cowboys signing Barba has thrown a spanner in the works for Valentine Holmes signing with them.

What happens if Barba goes there next year and tears it up like he has done in the English super league probably winning their equivalent to the Dally M?
Do you think for a minute they won't re-sign him at fullback for 2020 and beyond ?
If Barba plays for the cowboys there is no way Holmes is guaranteed the fullback position in 2020

If the Cowboys are going to make an offer you’d think they’d do it before a game is played in 2019

SharkShocked

Bench
Because it's unlikely anyone is going to offer him more than 500 or 600 over a multi year deal. If he backs himself to have a blinder and does have a blinder he could earn considerably more...

If he backs himself
If the Cowboys are going to make an offer you’d think they’d do it before a game is played in 2019

Not to mention from a negotiating point of view, i'd be making it pretty clear to Holmes if i was Sharks management that he is our #1 fullback - should he choose to leave he is no guarantee that the same bloke in his way previously won't still be in his way when he gets there.

Get in his ear that if they really wanted him they wouldn't have signed the only bloke to keep him out of the gig.

MilkShark

First Grade
If Barba has form next year and so does Holmes, they will pick Holmes.

You're crazy if you think they wouldn't, he has just started his career, Barba is on the out.

Cows have played us by signing Barba. It gives us more doubt regarding Holmes future. They know we want Barba back, it has been stated many times. So they sign him, for 1 year, the same amount of time left on Holmes contract.

They're trying to get us to do a swap.

Clever.

Wozza

Juniors
If Barba has form next year and so does Holmes, they will pick Holmes.

You're crazy if you think they wouldn't, he has just started his career, Barba is on the out.

Cows have played us by signing Barba. It gives us more doubt regarding Holmes future. They know we want Barba back, it has been stated many times. So they sign him, for 1 year, the same amount of time left on Holmes contract.

They're trying to get us to do a swap.

Clever.
You're having yourself on if you think Holmes is a better fullback than Barba right now.

Holmes running game is coming on but his defence and positional play is still sadly lacking.

Have you ever seen Holmes flatten a bloke close to the line one on one ever?
Have a think back a couple of years ago to what Barba did to Ben Creagh in that situation.

Holmes still has a fair way to go.

You're having yourself on if you think Holmes is a better fullback than Barba right now.

Holmes running game is coming on but his defence and positional play is still sadly lacking.

Have you ever seen Holmes flatten a bloke close to the line one on one ever?
Have a think back a couple of years ago to what Barba did to Ben Creagh in that situation.

Holmes still has a fair way to go.

Of course, this has never been the argument. But how good is Holmes in 2025?