What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barrett, Kimmorley, Cronk, Orford, Sherwin, Mullen?

Parraren

Bench
Hopefully the right people at Parra have already worked out what our plan of attack is which ever way the Storm decide to move.

i.e,

A) Storm release Cronk to keep Inglis, Slater & Smith - We sign Cronk.

B) Storm keep the big 4 and do a fire sale on the rest - We chase Blair & Manu & sign Kimmorley/Orford on a short term deal.

sooperdooper

First Grade
I know this will probably get shut down but I think the player I am going to mention will be cheap and better than what we have.....
Josh Lewis?

True EEL

Bench
I know this will probably get shut down but I think the player I am going to mention will be cheap and better than what we have.....
Josh Lewis?

so is this just a throw out there, or is there some rational reason for mentioning this guy? and its a big call to say he is better than what we have now???

where is he even playing? am just being serious, haven't heard of him for a while now??

cv8z

Juniors
so is this just a throw out there, or is there some rational reason for mentioning this guy? and its a big call to say he is better than what we have now???

where is he even playing? am just being serious, haven't heard of him for a while now??
He's playing where our halves should probably be playing.
SAME SAME :roll:

Last edited:

84 Baby

Referee
Josh Lewis?
He's another in that same field as Wellar, Oake, Matt Keating and Jono Wright who really need the old style reserve grade. They kill it at state cup level and really need a competition against 17 players at the same level or young future superstars to hone their skills.
I remember Josh Lewis playing for Balmain Ryde tearing Wenty apart and the rest of his team were absolute nobodies

Last edited:

damo72

Juniors
I still think Scott Dureau could be a good option, he has a more than handy kicking game which we are lacking and would not cost the dollars that a Kimmorley or Orford would command.

eel01s

Bench
Well at least we can put any thought of Cronk out of our minds for next year. Sounds like there won't be much of a fire sale either.

Stagger was right - our club has sat on its hands waiting for the Storm situation to pan out, and once again we have been royally screwed.

Well at least we can put any thought of Cronk out of our minds for next year. Sounds like there won't be much of a fire sale either.

Stagger was right - our club has sat on its hands waiting for the Storm situation to pan out, and once again we have been royally screwed.
theres no cronk but what we miss on the swings we might make up on the roundabout the raiders and broncos might well have to let players go to keep inglis & white or somebody else might turn up the eels arent alone lots of clubs have hung off re-signing players to see if any storm players came off contract i think once they are all squared away the player market will explode

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Retirement likely as Brett Kimmorely
turns down Canberra contract

By Stuart Honeysett
August 11, 2010

Veteran playmaker Brett Kimmorley is expected to retire at the end of this season after telling Canberra he won't be playing again in 2011.

The Canterbury Bulldogs veteran is now looking at coaching offers.

The Raiders were among several clubs trying to tempt Kimmorley to go around for one more season. Parramatta and Cronulla were also interested.

Canberra are understood to have made an offer to the Canterbury halfback, which was turned down.

Link: http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27539437-5018866,00.html

True EEL

Bench
for the people still claiming that Cronk will be signed by the eels.....please explain????

and looks as though Noddy retiring, but hmm, i say we are still more likely to get him than Cronk

zuke

Juniors
Trying to be positive here but trust me the eels will not only miss out on the semis this year they will finish in the bottom 3 next year. Great work 3P. Keep up the great work in recruitment/retention.

Trying to be positive here but trust me the eels will not only miss out on the semis this year they will finish in the bottom 3 next year. Great work 3P. Keep up the great work in recruitment/retention.
its small comfort at the moment but we will have a huge warchest to buy up big next year (if anyone is available)