What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barrett, Kimmorley, Cronk, Orford, Sherwin, Mullen?

salvy71

Juniors
As if Lockyer would want the shame and disgrace of putting on the blue and yellow rag you call your jersey to round out his career. Get a grip.

Why not ? The jersey would also come with a nice blue and gold walking frame to match it . lol

macavity

Referee
I say hold off for a year with what we have then go all out for Mullen in 2012. May be hard getting him out of Newcastle, but I think we would be a good shot.

Mullen to the Eels is about as likely as Hayne to the Knights.

Chipmunk

Coach
I actually think an experience organising half back would change things in this team immensely. Anderson seems to be the style of coach who doesnt have a lot of game plan and structure to his team, so he needs a quality organiser to do the on field game plan for him (ie Stacey Jones when he was at the Warriors).

It appears Cooper Cronk is not going to happen any time soon, so probably time to move on to someone else.

At this stage I think a one season deal for Kimmorley would develop Mortimer into a much better player and either Robson or Keating at 9 would be better for the experience also. Look at how well Parra went when we had our last experienced organising half-back (Jason Taylor) for a season or two (I cant remember how long he played for 1 or 2 seasons)....I think a Kimmorley would be amazing at Parra for one year option. Then I would go allout for someone else to come in 2012.

I would also consider Matt Orford as a serious option. He has only been out of the NRL for a year and you could actually probably get 2 good seasons out of him.

With either Kimmorley or Orford I think Mortimer would become a much better player for us in the future. Look at what quality players like Jason Smith did with Todd Carney when he was at the Raiders....

We really need some experience in the halves.....I dont think Barrett or Sherwin or Mullen are the way to go for us in 2011 though.

eelement

Juniors
No point hypothesising about kimmorley, orford, Barrett.

Cronk has been signed so it's all sorted.

Signed sealed and delivered you reckon!! whilst i was cooking the BBQ tonight i just had a vision of CC puting up a bombs for reddy try time, and then kicking a 40/20 on the the next end of set and putting Moi Moi on a barn storming run under the post,than realised my Scotch fillets were alot darker then medium .. WOW WOW and Damn it!

TheRam

Coach
Nope still an idiot though, i know that by reading your posts over the years

The only dumb arse I can see, is the one that can't even put the right quote in the box and who is hiding behind his woman's skirt.

Fathead

Bench
A mate of mine had a word with Peter Wallace yesterday about coming to the eels and reports that he almost pissed himself laughing... "No "he said... "I think Ill hang around here"(Broncos)

Gigolo

Juniors
No point hypothesising about kimmorley, orford, Barrett.

Cronk has been signed so it's all sorted.

Cronk isn't coming mate, but there is a rumour his cousin Theo Gronk might come out of retirement. Apparently he's been in negotiations with Ozzy and signed up on Friday night after a meal at The Black Stump Restaurant at Rouse Hill.

Gronk, 43, was a will o the wisp halfback for the Milton Ulladulla Centapedes during the 1990's.

You obviously just mistook the G for a C....easy mistake

Gronk is also a gun so the halves problem looks well and truly sorted:thumb

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Im only making things worse here I know, but someone who is pretty credible told me today that Cronk was virtually signed. Take it for what you will but this person told me about Kris Keating signed with the Dogs about a month before it was confirmed. And they are well placed to get the right information.

Also, gUt, for someone who hates Parra so much, you certainly are on our forums alot. Troll.

TheRam

Coach
Im only making things worse here I know, but someone who is pretty credible told me today that Cronk was virtually signed. Take it for what you will but this person told me about Kris Keating signed with the Dogs about a month before it was confirmed. And they are well placed to get the right information.

Also, gUt, for someone who hates Parra so much, you certainly are on our forums alot. Troll.

1 Eyed Tezza I hope you are right, but all we can do is just wait and see.

Maroubra Eel

Coach

That is good news. Any idea when it will be announced?

strider

Post Whore
one day in the future, maybe a long time from now, someone will actually be announced as being signed, on a wednesday - and we'll all piss ourselves laughing :lol:

84 Baby

Referee
one day in the future, maybe a long time from now, someone will actually be announced as being signed, on a wednesday - and we'll all piss ourselves laughing :lol:
If it is announced on Wednesday at 11 then we will know they use this forum to check the gossip

Suitman

Post Whore

I've also heard that from a credible source. Problem is, he won't be coming near the joint unless Melbourne agree to release him.
I suppose our chances of that happening may improve if Inglis remains in Melbourne, which seems to be quite possible now.

Suity

TeHEel

Juniors
Well to balance things out I was given odds of 2000:1 of Cronk coming from another source. Basically things would have to go real bad for him to be released. Titans are not in the picture for GI, and at this point they will not release him to the Broncos if they have to wear the 200k. Looks like they are still sticking with the plan to field the 4 stars with an inexperienced side....