What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barrett, Kimmorley, Cronk, Orford, Sherwin, Mullen?

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Seems like every board member and their dog has a different halfback choice at the moment. Why don't we just save some grief and put an ad in the paper and see who applies.

What about Cameron Newton?????

images

2010-2011 College Football’s New Faces to Watch For

1. Cameron Newton QB, Auburn At 6’4, 240 lbs, Cameron Newton looks more like a tight end than a college quarterback. However, this number two player in the class of 2009 according to Rivals.com is going to be the starting quarterback at Auburn. His previous season was for Blinn Junior College where he led them to a national title. Cameron Newton was the back up to Tim Tebow before getting into a little trouble and transferring to Blinn. Newton has tons of potential; not only can he pass, but his feet are just as deadly. He runs a 4.5 40 and, at the same time, can pass the ball effectively. With Shon Coleman blocking for him and Michael Dyer in the backfield, expect Newton to shine.

Link: http://thehasbeenssports.com

images

1. Cameron Newton QB, Auburn At 6’4, 240 lbs, Cameron Newton looks more like a tight end than a college quarterback. However, this number two player in the class of 2009 according to Rivals.com is going to be the starting quarterback at Auburn. His previous season was for Blinn Junior College where he led them to a national title. Cameron Newton was the back up to Tim Tebow before getting into a little trouble and transferring to Blinn. Newton has tons of potential; not only can he pass, but his feet are just as deadly. He runs a 4.5 40 and, at the same time, can pass the ball effectively. With Shon Coleman blocking for him and Michael Dyer in the backfield, expect Newton to shine.

no good mate throws too many forward passes :lol:

we dont need a thurston or lockyer just a solid halfback with a good kicking game who can set up a try or get a repeat set when we are on the attack and find the line when we are buried in our own half

Noname36

First Grade
Funny when the Knights plonkers make statements like that, if you ever go to their board, it is filled with let's chase Mateo or Horo or etc etc.

They and all of us shouldn't be so precious, after all it is about what the fans are thinking

I think you'll find that most of us at the Knights were praying that we didn't get Mateo. He's obviously got talent, but he's lazy. And Horo? I can't even recall him being mentioned...

I'd be gutted if we lost Mullo. He's not an organising halfback though, and that's what you guys need more than anything. It's probably the one thing he doesn't have, and it would be pretty useless you signing him as it's the one thing you need.

MrT

Juniors
Tim Smith!

last year we had the chance to win the GF with the weakest 6,7,9 combo in the history of GF appearances. That was 1 in a million. We have a superstar fullback but before we get a good halfback we will go nowhere. The fact that we compete is credit.

We have potentially the worst 9,6,7 combo in the comp and they are required to steer the team around. Try driving a car without a steering wheel

Chipmunk

Coach
Seems like every board member and their dog has a different halfback choice at the moment. Why don't we just save some grief and put an ad in the paper and see who applies.

Thats actually pretty funny....I had a good laugh

Chipmunk

Coach
I would actually go all out and sign Matt Orford as my 7 and go on the look out for a good number 9

andrew057

First Grade
Oh please, if someone offered him 150 k more then what he's getting he'd take it, money talks, it's not like suncorp stadium is f**king anfield or the jersey is a green jacket, petro left because of thee money, same could happen with anyone.

You strike me as an idiot.

Eelementary

Post Whore

images

Umm...What? No he doesn't. Most QB's are that size. Any smaller and they get criticised for being too small.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
You strike me as an idiot.

I strike many people as an idiot, but those people I don't generally care if they develop
a severe case of herpes or gas - in otherwords dont really give a sh*t about, youre in that class.

Last edited:

Latest posts