What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barrett OUT, Johns IN

Ghoulies

Bench
thuganomics said:
Johns, unlike Lockyer...will be able to tackle...

But Lockyer, unlike Johns, won't tire out after 20 mins leaving his team without a playmaker (refer to Knights v Broncos).

aqua_duck

Coach
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
3/17 Or 17% of your team. And you are trying to tell me that Johns and Buderus are in form and fit? You have to be kidding. I will except Simpson, but not the other 2.

Have a read of the Broncodroid account for Joey in his signature....

There have been plenty of players miss selection for being in a badly performed side. And not even in important positions like halfback and hooker.

It's a bloody disgrace that Gower, Orford... Hell even Kimmorley can't make the side over Johns who has played less footy in 2 years then they have fingers. I bet any of them would only need one finger to show the selectors what they think of their selections.... Even if NSW win, god help them for game 3.
Buderus is fit and in form, he's played in more matches than most for the past 2 years and has played every game since coming back from injury and has played well.
As for Johns, well lets face it, he's picked because he is ANdrew Johns, look qld brought back a 36 year old from a sub standard competition a few years back and he played out of his skin. He won't play any worse than Kimmorley did in game 1 I'll guarentee that, I don't think its possible to.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Red and Blue Knight said:
I will love bringing this thread back up at 11pm next wednesday.
You certainly will.

NSW's chances you went up 100%! It was an embarrassing selection mistake to not inlcude Johns. If the bloke can come back from a 10 week lay off due to a knee injury and flogg the Broncs 44 nil and embarrass Lockyer, doesnt that tell everyone that he'll have no problems coming into Origin already with a game behind him from a broken jaw?!

Especially with the likes of Mini, Wing, Hindy, Fitzy, Kennedy, Gasnier and co around him.

This is the best news that could have happened for NSW.

Now all they have to do is somehow get Tupou in there:?

aqua_duck

Coach
Tommy Smith said:
You certainly will.

NSW's chances you went up 100%! It was an embarrassing selection mistake to not inlcude Johns. If the bloke can come back from a 10 week lay off due to a knee injury and flogg the Broncs 44 nil and embarrass Lockyer, doesnt that tell everyone that he'll have no problems coming into Origin already with a game behind him from a broken jaw?!

Especially with the likes of Mini, Wing, Hindy, Fitzy, Kennedy, Gasnier and co around him.

This is the best news that could have happened for NSW.

Now all they have to do is somehow get Tupou in there:?
I absoluteoly agree with everything you said.

RABK

Referee
Gonna love watching Johns ignite that backline...King, Gaz and Mini will be making linebreaks at will off the back of some quality ball form Johns.

Ghoulies

Bench
lol.gif

I love it when people bring up games from 4 years ago to try and prove a point. Johns sat out 10 weeks in 2001 when he was at the peak of his powers, he came back to face a Broncos side that was beginning its downward spiral and completely dominated.

In 2005 Johns has come back after 2 season ending injuries and is in the twilight of his career. After several average performances he suffered another setback, breaking his jaw. After another few weeks on the sideline he returned to face an inform Broncos, he showed promising signs after 20 mins but went missing as the Broncos piled on 34 unanswered points.

See the difference?

From a neutral standing I'd love to see Joey return to form as he made Newcastle a joy to watch, but expecting the man to dominate after 18 months on the sideline is a little much.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Ghoulies said:
From a neutral standing I'd love to see Joey return to form as he made Newcastle a joy to watch, but expecting the man to dominate after 18 months on the sideline is a little much.

Completely agree with that. At least Langer was match fit. If QLD gets any possession period like they had in Brisbane late in the first half, johns will be stuffed.

If he stays out of the defence, he may pull through ok.

Eels Dude

Coach
Andrew Johns is not match fit and he is not playing well. He cannot expect to match it with the best in Origin 2. Kimmorley should have been given a second chance. I feel Johns will let the side down in the game.

He hasn't played in a winning football side in 15 months!

I won't be blaming him if we lose though, the blame should go squarely to Ricky Stuart for this selecting blunder.

kickback

Juniors
John's is a great player and he looks very confident, off the field. On the field he did left Newcastle a bit but he looked very teird in the 2nd half. QLD will run there big men at him all night to smash him up, i can see him getting injured again with those old bones, i hope he dosent for his own sake, but this is the hardest game of leauge in the world.

Locky will have a field day with Anasta, that will be fun to watch.

28-10 QLD

Mr Saab

Referee
Lockyer had a 6/10 game in origin one and QLD still one.
THurston is playing with as much confidence as one could ever hope to have.
Same with Bowen, and Williams.
Johns is washed up

knights 2004

Juniors
no matter how bad johns goes, it cant be worse than kimmorleys efforts in game 1.
at least they are trying something new.
if they picked kimmorley again and he had another shocker the selectors would get smashed. everyone saying "i told you so".

Latest posts