What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barrett OUT, Johns IN

Mr Saab

Referee
kimmorley has had the big RED pen put thru his name, he will never pull on a blue jersey ever again

Hindyscrack

Bench
And he never should again, he cant play origin. This has to be a massive boost for Johns, i think the blues players would be pretty confident with him coming into the squad.

Confirmed on NRL.com

Misanthrope

Staff member
Good to hear, from a NSW perespective. I'd rather have seen Anasta drop out and have had Johns/Barrett as the pairing, but the NSW side definitely has an organiser in it now. Some of the less educated fans might think Johns' form hasn't been worthy of seeing him included, but he really does do a lot of work for Newcastle. The weekend scoreline doesn't do justice to how damn well he played.

I like the look of that halves pairing, provided Anasta can adjust to playing second fiddle. I get the feeling he'd have run the show with his passing game, had Barrett stayed fit.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
how is this positive for the blues? the bloke has hardly palyed in 2 years, has f**k all match fitness and isnt exactly performing like he was when he was winning dally m's...

he'll be wearing a target on his head come wednesday night when the maroons pack goes for him

MisterLove

Juniors
Pistol said:
very dodgy indeed. I wasnt aware Barrett was among the injury concerns. Boy that is a big slap in hte face for Matt Orford, Craig Gower and to a lesser extent Brett Finch. The selectors dropped Kimmorley and end up replacing him with a guy who has only played one game in 8 weeks or so and is so injury prone it seems every time he farts he pulls a muscle.

What a sorry state of affairs indeed.

Gower is playing s**thouse thats y the panthers are coming 13th

Rise Against

Nsw selectors r f**ked up

Gotta feel for Orford, Gower and Kimmorley

Finch and Sherwin are both playing better than that sh*thead Johns too

eelandia

Juniors
You beauty...he'll prove all the doubters wrong plus the Eels will chalk up an easy win this weekend.

knights 2004

Juniors
johns/barrett would have carved.

johns was looking very tired as the game got on against brisbane, playing well, but still looking tired.

if hes not back up to nrl pace yet i dunno how hes gonna go with the pace of origin.
then again he is made for these type of matches

now this screws us over for the game against parra DAMMIT

oh well, go campbell and mullen!

Jordan

Juniors
From a QLD fan's perspective, I am worried. Johns will lift... I wouldn't be taking him lightly that's for sure..

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I actually feel for Orford the most, the bloke cant even get a look in, whats he gotta do?

Same thing happened to him last year when they picked Barrett at halfback.

t-ba

Post Whore
PARRA_FAN said:
I actually feel for Orford the most, the bloke cant even get a look in, whats he gotta do?

Perform in the pressure matches...He's gone MIA in so many tight games over the years...

That said, this is a force. Gower most certainly didn't deserve the position (Has anyone actually been watching Panthers matches this year?), and imo, Kimmorley should have been given another run. The bloke has played a few bad matches in the last few weeks but has generally been dominant all year.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
This is silly. We now have 3 knights who haven't won a game all year, playing in the toughest games of the year.

Gower should have got the offer in the first place. At least he is fit. I would have thought Orford should have been way before Johns.

TinghaInMotion

Juniors
Orford = crap...can't perform in the big games
Kimmorley - ditto + loser LOL
Gower - ditto

GO JOEY :)

bummer about Bazzz though...hope he is fit for next week for the Dragons.

Kid

Juniors
Match fitness will be the only problem. Joey will play a hell of lot better with NSW due to the fact he will have some class players around him, something the Knights have failed to have this year. Only downside is Barrett out.

For those whinging about Kimmorley, i believe (correct me if i'm wrong) he has played 5 Origins so far. He has failed to deliver in any of them. I don't see why now is the time to gamble on him finally putting it together.

Latest posts