What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barrett Rumour

RedVGooner

Juniors
what about michael ennis fellas? he left the dragons to go under wayne bennett, he also left the dragons to go under bennett coze bennett was like a father to him

Cagey Mac said:
A couple of points
Barrett in = Gaz gets ball or have we forgotten he and Fittler had the best flat pass off either side. The current combo can’t get the ball to the right or does someone want to blame Browny for that
Age? Jason Smith? Alfie Langer?
Depending on price he’d be very worthwhile, certainly not as captain but as 5/8 very worthwhile
Team morale?
If the red V, getting paid to play footy and Bennett aren’t enough to keep your dummy in your mouth, the team doesn’t need you.

Good Points all of them.

That flat passes caught my eye. I am a big wrap on Soward and look forward to him for many years especially when I heard that he loved the Sainters as a kid.

All that said,.... what is with the u/9 gumby, vertical helicopters when we are looking to get the pill out wide after a scrum.

Is the faith in our skills so low that we are willing to give the defensive line those extra half metres with these passes, just so we don't drop the pill?

Rip it to Gaz, and rip it to him again later in the count. Put in a grubber, that doesn't go dead and repeat this until we score and ultimately win the game and the premiership. :roll:

Let me know if I am over simplifying. (If there is such a thing!!!)

;-) ..... :lol:

Southernsaint

Staff member
Good Points all of them.

That flat passes caught my eye. I am a big wrap on Soward and look forward to him for many years especially when I heard that he loved the Sainters as a kid.

All that said,.... what is with the u/9 gumby, vertical helicopters when we are looking to get the pill out wide after a scrum.

Is the faith in our skills so low that we are willing to give the defensive line those extra half metres with these passes, just so we don't drop the pill?

Rip it to Gaz, and rip it to him again later in the count. Put in a grubber, that doesn't go dead and repeat this until we score and ultimately win the game and the premiership. :roll:

Let me know if I am over simplifying. (If there is such a thing!!!)

;-) ..... :lol:

Ahh, the Barrett specialty - the grubber kicked with such ferocity that it leaves a dent in the in-goal signage...

W.Smith

Juniors
Rumour was scuppered today according to Tim Gilbert on the Footy Show saying he had written a letter of intent to Wigan saying he would see out his contract until the end of next year

Mong

Post Whore
A couple of points
Barrett in = Gaz gets ball or have we forgotten he and Fittler had the best flat pass off either side. The current combo can’t get the ball to the right or does someone want to blame Browny for that

I disagree.. I have very clear memories of Barrett consistently running sideways taking our centres out of the play.

Foz

Bench
Rumour was scuppered today according to Tim Gilbert on the Footy Show saying he had written a letter of intent to Wigan saying he would see out his contract until the end of next year

I heard that.
Is it common that players write a letter of intent to say you'll be seeing out your contract?
Option maybe?
Seemed strange.Maybe Wigan heard rumours.

Ribs

Bench
Barrett stopped being 5/8 when he went from 80 kgs in 1998 to 95 kgs in 1999.

His speed went and so did his ability to slide through gaps.