What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barry Dick's 2007 Predicitions (Courier Mail)

Ron Jeremy

Coach
The signs of a desperate arguement right there. Whats next? A mates mate told you hagan is a super coach?

What the........:?

I think you have confused me with someone elses post, because that is exactly my thoughts:?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Stranger said:
Matt peterson is head and shoulders about Lowrie. Tanner is possibly the luckiest player besides craig smith to ever play in First Grade NRL.

Yeah Craig Smith couldn't play and Matt Petersen could lol

I would give both arms and legs for the Wok to coach the knights team. In 2002 and 03 we had the teams. What happened in 2004-2005-2006 with our team roster?

Pity a majority of Newy fans weren't saying that at the end of 2000, or inparticular 2001?

We lost Kennedy, Parsons, O'Davis, Tahu, Giddley, Adam Macdougall when he was going great guns. And bought who? Kirk Reynoldson on a 250k contract.

Yeah and you also upgraded the contracts quite significantly of Johns, Burderus, Simpson, Gidley not to mention tryign to retain your juniors like Mullen.

And as a matter of fact in 2001 Johns missed 6 games in which we STRUGGLED to beat the cowboys and souths, both the sh*ttest 2 teams in the comp at that stage. We had an awsome team in 2001 even minus Johns.

We also lost too two sh*t sides in 2005, Souths and Newcastle....and who was the coach?

Poor argument there

Truth is he did nothing when Johns was out. We had Sean Rudder at half back remember that? Corey Pearson could have been a god send.

I remember him? wasn't he the 5/8 who won a GF against a Parramatta side 8 points clear minor premiers?

The signs of a desperate arguement right there. Whats next? A mates mate told you hagan is a super coach?

I already answered that part

Mr Saab

Referee
Stranger said:
And as a matter of fact in 2001 Johns missed 6 games in which we STRUGGLED to beat the cowboys and souths, both the sh*ttest 2 teams in the comp at that stage.

Yeah the knights, and any other team would have struggled to beat souths...why? Because souths were not in the comp in 2000 and 2001.

Sugar

Bench
Mr Saab said:
Yeah the knights, and any other team would have struggled to beat souths...why? Because souths were not in the comp in 2000 and 2001.
souths were undefeated:sarcasm:

Hutty1986

Immortal
skeepe said:
Agree wholeheartedly.

Disagree on Manly and the Cowboys. Roosters will come close to the wooden spoon, battling it out with the Sharks, Panthers, Tigers and Dragons.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dragons will be nowhere near the bottom

You Raiders fans...:lol:

Stranger

Coach
Ron Jeremy said:
Yeah Craig Smith couldn't play and Matt Petersen could lol
Im not talking about the Smith that just retired. Infact it was Greg Smith. My mistake.

Ron Jeremy said:
Pity a majority of Newy fans weren't saying that at the end of 2000, or inparticular 2001?
Infact in 2001, there wernt many Newy fans saying hagan was a great coach. Wasn't it infact that Hagan walked into a premiership winning team?
Go on Ron, tell a knights fan how he felt about a coach.

Ron Jeremy said:
Yeah and you also upgraded the contracts quite significantly of Johns, Burderus, Simpson, Gidley not to mention tryign to retain your juniors like Mullen.
Retain our juniors like Mullen in 2003? The juniors hagan retained were nuffies like lowrie and tanner. Hagan signed Reynoldson for 250k. BK was askin for 280k. Go figure. Just look at the difference in rosters from 2001-2006. We had a gun backline, gun forward pack and awsome halves. We have the most unflattering backline in the comp. Honest frowards and still awsome halves. In 2004-2006 Hagan nearly ran the team into the ground.

Ron Jeremy said:
I remember him? wasn't he the 5/8 who won a GF against a Parramatta side 8 points clear minor premiers?
Yeah the same bloke that left to england only to have the english team offer the knights money to take him back. Great player that one. The fact that we won that game with Rudder at 5/8 is a tribute to Johns and your teams sh*t defence.

Sabb. You are correct. It was the Panthers that we knocked off, barely i might add.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Stranger said:
Im not talking about the Smith that just retired. Infact it was Greg Smith. My mistake.

Wasn't that pre Hagan?

Infact in 2001, there wernt many Newy fans saying hagan was a great coach. Wasn't it infact that Hagan walked into a premiership winning team?
Go on Ron, tell a knights fan how he felt about a coach.

Rubbish. Hagan was the one that trained them, selected them, implemented tactics and game plans, fitness plans etc not frikken Ryan.

So Ricky Stuart was crap aswell? more the work of Murray? give me a break

Jack Gibson was crap then also, all the work of John Peard ey?

Also would you like me to bring up some old threads from 2004 with posters still calling him "super coach" ?

Retain our juniors like Mullen in 2003? The juniors hagan retained were nuffies like lowrie and tanner. Hagan signed Reynoldson for 250k. BK was askin for 280k. Go figure.

How many big names did Hagan sign? one or two in his time? that just shows his emphasis on developing young players.

How many big names did Parra buy in Brians 10 years?

Every coach can make bad decisions, just look at who Brian brought to our club? i'm sure you already know this as it has been well documented since 2003.

Just look at the difference in rosters from 2001-2006. We had a gun backline, gun forward pack and awsome halves. We have the most unflattering backline in the comp. Honest frowards and still awsome halves. In 2004-2006 Hagan nearly ran the team into the ground.

Have you ever heard of the salary cap? It's impossible to keep great sides these days for that length of time, just look at our 2001 side, then look at our 2003 & 04 side...quite significant the difference, but i don't see you bringing this to your argument?

You do realise what it costs to retain the likes of Simpson, Johns, Burderus, Gidley etc?

2006 you were one game of a GF with a average side
2005 you were totally desicimated by injuries, why has the excuse changed from injuries to the coach all of a sudden?

Yeah the same bloke that left to england only to have the english team offer the knights money to take him back. Great player that one. The fact that we won that game with Rudder at 5/8 is a tribute to Johns and your teams sh*t defence.

Actually we had the best defense in the comp in 2001, he'sone a GF against our side, you weren't pissing and moaning about him when Newy one the GF were you?

Stranger

Coach
Ron Jeremy said:
Wasn't that pre Hagan?
Indeed. It still stands. He is the luckiest player since smith to play in the NRL.

Ron Jeremy said:
Rubbish. Hagan was the one that trained them, selected them, implemented tactics and game plans, fitness plans etc not frikken Ryan.

So Ricky Stuart was crap aswell? more the work of Murray? give me a break

Jack Gibson was crap then also, all the work of John Peard ey?

Also would you like me to bring up some old threads from 2004 with posters still calling him "super coach" ?
If you have seen the Knights structure, Hagan never had the balls to stand upto Johns. He could never said Johns shut ur mouth I'm coaching the team. Johns ran them through their drills, their plays. So yes that makes hagan a bad coach. But your trying to tell me how my team trains yet you criticize people for bagging other teams juniors because they just don't know.

Ron Jeremy said:
How many big names did Hagan sign? one or two in his time? that just shows his emphasis on developing young players.

How many big names did Parra buy in Brians 10 years?
Hagan signed a big name? Kirk Reynoldson? Please.
Emphasis on juniors is a good thing, but when it costs you 70% of ur team roster, a gun roster at that there is a problem. Where is the emphasis on juniors or the planning for johns retirement? Its not there.Hagan never thought further than next week.

Ron Jeremy said:
Have you ever heard of the salary cap? It's impossible to keep great sides these days for that length of time, just look at our 2001 side, then look at our 2003 & 04 side...quite significant the difference, but i don't see you bringing this to your argument?
Yeah he lost teams and rebuilt them. What has hagan rebuilt? Who has he got thats helped the knights for next year? Smith always had a plan, not always a working one but a plan. Hagan had nothing. Once Johns was gone what was the team going to do?

Ron Jeremy said:
You do realise what it costs to retain the likes of Simpson, Johns, Burderus, Gidley etc?

2005 you were totally desicimated by injuries, why has the excuse changed from injuries to the coach all of a sudden?
Yeah it costs a fair bit, But paying reyno 240k, please. We had those players with BK, Tahu, Odavis and Parsons. We were two games away from the GF because we have the best hooker in the game and possibly the best player ever. It is no tribute to Hagan.

Ron Jeremy said:
Actually we had the best defense in the comp in 2001, he'sone a GF against our side, you weren't pissing and moaning about him when Newy one the GF were you?
You had the best Defence in the comp, and newcastle had one of the worst. Attributed to the fact that we had nearly 200 points put on us when johns was injured in 6 weeks. But you also had Jason Taylor and Brad Drew who well lets just say are both defensively inpet at times. More specifically Jason taylor. Parramatta was a great team, but in no means a complete team.

And Knights could have won 4 grandfinals with rudder and id still drop the sh*t on him. He is crap. Bottom line. And lets face it, i could look good playing along side Johns, Bk, Buderus, Tahu, Odavids, Mad Dog, Giddley, Simpson, Peden, Hughes, Albert, Parsons..
In the Grandfinal we covered our weakness in Rudder, Defensively parramatta didnt cover theirs.

Lowdown

Juniors
Ron Jeremy said:

Err..how do you figure that?

Broncos v Doggies was one semi. Storm v Dragons was the other. As far as my knowledge goes, those teams were one game from a grand final.

Latest posts