What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Baz & Marsh were both at fault, but....

God-King Dean

Immortal
barretthalo.jpg

He can't get in twouble with the judicerwy!

Honestly though

IMO, this board has taken this all out of proportion. Marsh came in with the elbows cocked, hitting Barrett

Barrett got up like a gate in the wing

They were both at fault & acted in the heat of the moment. So why make it more than that?

Your thoughts?

mickdo

Coach
How exactly was Marsh at fault?
And did Ryan Cross, or Greg Bird act in the heat of the moment?

drake

First Grade
mickdo said:
How exactly was Marsh at fault?
And did Ryan Cross, or Greg Bird act in the heat of the moment?
Please explain how a legal tackle in Rugby League is made with your head down and elbow cocked forward.
There was no intention to tackle at all.
Marsh had a brain explosion, Barrett blew up.

fish eel

Immortal
and if barrett doesnt have a brain explosion and the rest of st george play the whistle, mckinnon gets tackled on halfway.

Misty Bee

First Grade
There is enough proof elsewhere on this site to say that Marsh had his elbows down. He had the forearms crosed to take impact.

Barret cost Saints a victory that could mean the difference between 5 spots on the ladder. Utter suicide by a bloke who should have known better.

ozzie

Bench
Did Barrett attack Marsh from the back? Is it right he is on report? I didn't see the game

Hollywood

Juniors
F$#%ing dirty tactic........Marsh smashes Barrett with a clear intent to take him out (and make him suffer yet another injury) and then they smack him with a high shot in the nxt set of 6. It's pretty clear it was instructions from Smith.

You'd think Marsh of all players would know not to attack players with such dangerous consequences. I've lost respect for Marsh, Smith and the Eels, I hope they crash and burn in the finals, which I'm sure they will.

Who wouldnt get up reacting the way Barrett did?, after he has had poor luck with injuries, then a bloke charges him with a deliberate elbow...after they were allowed to play on, the controversial moment turned the match........

As much as I get disappointed at the Dragosn not firing, this time around I'm fired up and p!$$ed off about the way that whole Marsh thing unfolded

Big Mick

Referee
LMAO

how is it Marsh's fault?

Barrett is a f**king cat. Put a guy with known neck problems in a head lock and hit him twice in the head from behind while marsh just had his arms up defensless and then runs like a little pussy when Cayless, Morrison and Hindmarsh come in to support, typical cat play from a little pussy.

Hollywood

Juniors
Mate, you would get someone in a headlock if he came in flying with elbows cocked when your about to kick the ball.....a time when a player is his most vulnerable

Cat?, 3 on 1, the words cowardly come to mind, when the cat is Marsh doing a hit and run and letting the big boys take over after obvious foul play

Eels have lost any respect in my book..............they will get f$#@ed over in the finals

Saint 60

Juniors
Marsh was trying to stop the ball...and when he didnt he turned his back on Barrett
Marsh went in with the intent of stopping the kick and trying to get the ball with his elbows...he just missed the ball and the kick..because he was especially watching where the ball was going ----

Like everybody whos trying to bloke a kick does HAHAHAHAHAHAh

Dragons_#1

Bench
F**k off as if Barrett didnt stand up while the rest of the eels came in to try n break it up! If u watch the whole scene then u wont see barrett running away! Marsh went in and hit barrett high on purpose!!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I can't see match review committee touching this one.
The video ref made a decision and that's that.

In Barrett's defence, he was copping it a fair bit beforehand. Perhaps he should have stayed down... then people would be having a go at him for that.

But play to the whistle boys. You didn't, and it lost you the match.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Big Mick © said:
LMAO

Barrett is a f**king cat. Put a guy with known neck problems in a head lock and hit him twice in the head from behind while marsh just had his arms up defensless and then runs like a little pussy when Cayless, Morrison and Hindmarsh come in to support, typical cat play from a little pussy.

Speaking of cats, hows Ben Ross going these days?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Known neck problems? He can play first grade football can't he?
Do you honestly think that crossed Barrett's mind? "Yes, this bloke has a neck problem and that's what I do... I want to break someone's neck"
Listen to yourself Mick.

Dragons2005

Juniors
LOL thats a classic. The cat has neck problems dont hit him.
i say he got what he deserved.
i have heard so many time Marsh had his back turned he could not defend himself.
Barrett was in mid-air unprotected he could not defend himself so Parra fans where is your valid point?
it was not a charge down gone wrong it was an act of trying to take out the kicker! Barrett was coping this from the start of the match without a whistle getting blown of course your going to fire up.

i honestly do not think either player will get suspended but i could be wrong.