What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Baz & Marsh were both at fault, but....

strider

Post Whore
and here's a few stills from your comprehensive proof there...

1. Marsh's arm just after moving past Barretts head, but if you take a good look, there is red and white jersey between the 2....also notice Barrett's head hasn't moved sideways yet! ie impact

barrett-marsh_0001.jpg

2. The next frame - Barrett's head pulls the ugly face and jots sideways.....when PJ's arm is all the way past his shoulder.....Barrett was just shocked by the hit and pulled his head back - any contact was just a graze

barrett-marsh_0002.jpg

If that little animated GIF is all they have to charge PJ with (as this st george forum already has) then it'll be a short judiciary hearing :lol:....hope they've got something ALOT more conclusive and they don't waste anyones time

strider

Post Whore
and here's the one that supposedly proves he hit him :lol: - clear as mud eh!

this is the frame immediately before the 2 i posted above

barrett7.jpg

drake

First Grade
If you guys keep pulling it that hard, it's going to tear loose.

Are you saying that Barrett pretended to get smashed in the face right at the same time he was getting hit?

f**ker missed his calling then. :roll:

it was high and late. Just wear it you bunch of pansies.
We can admit Baz dropped his sh*t and blew his top when he should have milked it.
We can admit the boys should have played the whistle and tackled McKinnon.

Why can't you admit Sooky Marsh went high?

A lack of testicles and/or honour is my guess.

Show some front you minges.

attamarrap

Juniors
drake said:
We can admit Baz dropped his sh*t and blew his top when he should have milked it.
that statement proves saints fans are truly soft cats

cats.jpg

Trent Barrett at press confrence after the game

drake

First Grade
If Barrett went down, penalty Dragons no try McKinnon. Barrett stood up, and look where it went.
Nice pic though. Thanks for sharing your desktop wallpaper.
Can I download it from the Eels site?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The Colonel said:
W. Thought you would be one of the sane ones.
The standard Parra reply of the week.
If my opinion differs from yours, I must be insane.
The response has been astounding to say the least. Poor PJ, with his neck problems and good christian values. And you reckon that's rational?

If Barrett thought he was hit high, then that's what he thought, it was high. You guys can talk about millimetres of space where a slither of white jersey can be seen, but even the narrowest margin shows contact was made.

Can you honestly say that no contact was made? Even one-eyed Parra fans are saying "any contact was just a graze." Its a fine line between 'any contact' and 'graze' - an indication that it was at the very least, dangerously close to being a high shot.

Reverse the jerseys and have Barrett making tackle/charge down on little PJ, and then tell me what you think the reaction would be from the 'sane ones'.

The fact is, we have seen penalties given for less. We have seen players place on report for less. We have seen players sent off for less.
So it stands to reason that Barrett had every reason to feel the shot was too high.

But lets get this straight, Barrett's brain explosion afterwards was uncalled for. However, it was not a king hit as some have described it - some dummies are even comparing it to the Williams incident. Williams ran up something like 15m from behind. Barrett starting swinging immediately and as far he was concerned, he was retaliating to what he believed was a hit by raised elbow, and he had good reason to believe that.
The lunatic fringe have failed to grasp this.

And I don't have to watch the Fox replay, I have it taped. I'd be interested to know your opinion the actual 'insane' things that occurred afterwards with players running in from everywhere, both sides not playing to the whistle, and it just so happened that Parra had the ball which meant that Saints broke the cardinal rule.

What you'll see is two players, Barrett and Marsh. Then several Parramatta players running from a mile to get involved. Dragons fullback Greenshields can be seen trying to get in between the mob and the fight. For his trouble he cops a raised elbow from Nathan Cayless (the skipper no less).
It seems that Barrett is not the only one who needs 'anger management'.
2005_18_10fight.jpg

Cayless was the first to get involved after the incident began. Greenshields was then out-numbered and copping a bit himself, all for standing in the mob's way. By now Saints player are running in, and imo, they are all to blame but make no mistake, Parra players got there first with Cayless being the leader of the pack. I've seen players sin binned for less.

If Barrett gets cited, then so too should Cayless.

And I have said before, if Barrett had of stayed down, it would been a different story... and then the lunatic fringe would be whinging about that.

The Colonel

Immortal
He may have had every reason to think the shot was high but he didn't have the right to take matters into his own hands. He said as much in the press conference. Parramatta players reacted to seeing their team mate being king hit - and I'm glad they did so. And yes it was a king hit - especially if you don't see it coming.

Yes, there may be a chance some players have something to answer but we'll see later won't we.

drake

First Grade
It wasn't a king hit. It may have been meant as one but jeez, my kids punch better. But that's beside the point.
the Parramatta players responding to their mate getting hit is far weaker than Barrett responding to getting hit himself.
I honestly don't think Trent thought about it, I believe he clicked out.
Ever clicked out and seen red?
I have, and rational thought is not part of the package.
Not an excuse, merely an opinion.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The Colonel said:
He may have had every reason to think the shot was high but he didn't have the right to take matters into his own hands.
You mean like this?
2005_18_10fight.jpg

The Colonel said:
Parramatta players reacted to seeing their team mate being king hit - and I'm glad they did so.
You mean you're glad that Cayless did this?
2005_18_10fight.jpg

The Colonel said:
Yes, there may be a chance some players have something to answer but we'll see later won't we.
Indeed. A chance? lol
Greenshields stood his ground and wasn't getting involved in the Barrett-Marsh fight, and he was clobbered... firstly by Cayless's elbow and then he was outnumbered before other Saints players arrived.

I'm not asking for anyone to be cited over this but geez, you guys must think your players sweat smells like rose perfume.

btw, I realise that the angle on that picture shows Cayless's elbow hitting Greenshields in the face, but this is quite likely one the following:
1. Too grainy.
2. Not the right frame.
3. Non-existant.

Another angle would probably show Greenshields' face launching a cowardly attack at Cayless's elbow.

attamarrap

Juniors
It wasn't a king hit. It may have been meant as one but jeez, my kids punch better
king hit
noun 1. a knock-out blow. 2. a punch from behind. 3. any sudden misfortune.

king-hit
verb to punch forcibly and without warning.

just because they weren't hard shots (pj marsh says other wise) doesn't mean they weren't king hits so I dont see the difference between this and the danny williams incident other than the fact marsh wasn't knocked out

Willow

Assistant Moderator
attamarrap said:
I dont see the difference between this and the danny williams incident other than the fact marsh wasn't knocked out
Well if that's what you think, then imo you're blowing it out of proportion.

strider

Post Whore
I can accept that the eels and dragons fans see this differently.

BUT I can't accept that you guys are saying
1. that its acceptable that Barrett can respond by grabbing a guy in a headlock and belting him (I wouldn't call it a king hit, but his second punch was VERY well landed on the side of PJs head while he held him still in a headlock)
2. BUT its NOT OK for the parra teammates to run in and try to stop their mate being belted from behind....no parra player threw a punch when they ran in - Poore was the first extra player in to throw a punch, at Morrision to which Morrison reacted to (watch the video)....Caylo DID end up with his arm in Greenshields face, but he didn't run in with the intent do that - he ran in to stop Barrett from belting his mate and Greenshields jumped in the way and thus the resulting collision.

If you guys seriously believe Barrett is entitled to start belting PJ but that no parra player should endeavour to stop their mate from being thumped from behind then you are deadset the dumbest fools on the planet.

borat

Bench
Boy is the sh*t going to hit the fan in the parra forum today when PJ gets cited and trent doesn't.

drake

First Grade
If Barrett's Punch = William's Punch
then Marsh's shot = Hopoate's shot.

f**k you Eels are soft.

No wonder Fitzgerald wanted to put you in as a Super 12 side.

attamarrap

Juniors
drake said:
If Barrett's Punch = William's Punch
then Marsh's shot = Hopoate's shot.

f**k you Eels are soft.

No wonder Fitzgerald wanted to put you in as a Super 12 side.
if we're soft you guys are marshmallows

but back to the argument I can explain why marsh's was different from hopoate's first of all marsh's wasn't late, the 1st contact was made with the shoulder and pj marsh wasn't looking at the player with his elbow raised

can you explain the difference between barrett and williams other than the fact o'neil was knocked out??

The Colonel

Immortal
Willow said:
You mean like this?
2005_18_10fight.jpg

You mean you're glad that Cayless did this?
2005_18_10fight.jpg

Indeed. A chance? lol
Greenshields stood his ground and wasn't getting involved in the Barrett-Marsh fight, and he was clobbered... firstly by Cayless's elbow and then he was outnumbered before other Saints players arrived.

I'm not asking for anyone to be cited over this but geez, you guys must think your players sweat smells like rose perfume.

btw, I realise that the angle on that picture shows Cayless's elbow hitting Greenshields in the face, but this is quite likely one the following:
1. Too grainy.
2. Not the right frame.
3. Non-existant.

Another angle would probably show Greenshields' face launching a cowardly attack at Cayless's elbow.

Have you got pictures of the attack by Corey Payne on Morrison's head? The one that resulted in stitches. Will you defend him as well? ;-) Watch the footage again. Contact was made with Greenshields head, yes, most definitely. IMO In the attempt to get Barrett and rip him a new arse. An excuse? No - an opinion. He shouldn't have done it but I'm glad to see players stick up for theirs as I'm sure you would have been the same.

I don't think the players sh*t smells like perfume at all. Like you I'll defend my team - and I don't consider myself to be one of the lunatic fringe. It was a king hit. I'd expect my team mates to react.

Like you I have my view on what happened. Barrett started it when he started throwing punches at a player who had his back turned. I'll agree its nothing like the Williams incident. But turn it upside down, back to front and sideways if you like and it still is a king hit. Not Barrett's go? Like a dollar for every time I've heard that this year. Reaction under pressure is generally a good sign of what someone's go really is.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
attamarrap said:
well can you tell me the difference between the two because I'd like to know?
One of them ran 15 or 20 metres to hit a bloke who had walked well away from the action. The other was very spur of the moment and within haymaker range.
Pretty obvious really and glad that I could clear that up for you.

I could compare Marsh's hit to other hits where players were sent off or penalised if you like.

attamarrap

Juniors
Willow said:
One of them ran 15 or 20 metres to hit a bloke who had walked well away from the action. The other was very spur of the moment and within haymaker range.
Pretty obvious really and glad that I could clear that up for you.

I could compare Marsh's hit to other hits where players were sent off or penalised if you like.
15-20 metres?!?!?! the guy was a marker FFS you've got no idea he got straight up and whacked him after the play the ball I dont think thats valid point anyway at least o'neil was facing williams