What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Baz & Marsh were both at fault, but....

strider

Post Whore
Willow said:
Always happy to answer a reasonably delivered question El.
If Marsh is found guilty or pleads guilty, then Barrett may have a case for retaliating, that's all. If the defence is up to it, they could show plenty of provocation. It has happened before. I'm sorry I can't recall the case, it was when Jim Hall was in charge.

But you are calling for Caylo's head - wasn't there provocation there too? ie his mate was being belted from behind, so he was provoked into going to his aid - but Greenshields jumped in the way and turned it into a big collision.

Infact as I have stated before the only player who joined the melee to then start throwing punches was Payne (I thought it was Poore, but someone else pointed out it was Payne) - so maybe Payne should consider himself lucky eh?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
El Diablo said:
The other time a player was defending himself. Hopoate had a go at Stapleton so he fought back.

Marsh had his back turned to Barrett so he was in no danger and wasn't being attacked.
Marsh didnt have his head turned when he leapt through the air and hit Barrett high. Keep in mind, according to Barrett, Marsh was the one who hit first.

Marsh since been charged with a 'grade two careless high tackle' - a charge which he may plead guilty to.

Remember all this happened over a matter of seconds. I'm no Barrister but Barrett retailiated to the high shot and if Marsh is guilty, then the precedent may be used.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Willow said:
If Marsh is found guilty or pleads guilty, then Barrett may have a case for retaliating, that's all. If the defence is up to it, they could show plenty of provocation. It has happened before. I'm sorry I can't recall the case, it was when Jim Hall was in charge.

Then they can go back to the danny williams case in your opinion...

El Diablo

Post Whore
Willow said:
Marsh didnt have his head turned when he leapt through the air and hit Barrett high. Keep in mind, according to Barrett, Marsh was the one who hit first.

Marsh since been charged with a 'grade two careless high tackle' - a charge which he may plead guilty to.

Remember all this happened over a matter of seconds. I'm no Barrister but Barrett retailiated to the high shot and if Marsh is guilty, then the precedent may be used.

There is no precedent. The closest thing is Williams.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Also the initial contact was with the shoulder, it then deflected upwards. That is not intentional.

Saint 60

Juniors
But remember - his charge

'grade two careless high tackle'

he should plead innocent if thats the case :)

borat

Bench
El Diablo said:
There is no precedent. The closest thing is Williams.

Close but no cigar.

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,15885019-27561,00.html

Marsh called for action to be taken. However, it's understood the match review committee is reticent to take that step following a comparable incident last season involving Parramatta forward Craig Stapleton and Manly winger John Hopoate. Stapleton was charged with fighting after reacting to an incident involving Hopoate but the committee was left red-faced when the Eels forward was exonerated by the judiciary, which deemed Stapleton was defending himself.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
El, the question was asked and I answered. Sorry you didnt like the answer but I don't expect we'll agree on this one.

FACT: Marsh has been charged with with a grade two careless high tackle.
IF he is guilty, then whatever way you look at it, it means he hit first.

borat

Bench
It will be very interesting if the little cry baby Marsh pleads guilty considering his claims that he did nothing wrong. This will see what he is made of.

Marsh is the gutless one here who was to scared to through a punch and waits for the security of the dressing sheds to hit back. Its going to be hilarious that his guilty plea will be all Barrett needs to get off as he was retaliating to the cheap high & late elbow that Marsh threw.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Willow said:
El, the question was asked and I answered. Sorry you didnt like the answer but I don't expect we won't agree on this one.

FACT: Marsh has been charged with with a grade two careless high tackle.
IF he is guilty, then whatever way you look at it, it means he hit first.

Yeah we all know he hit first doesnt mean barret is innocent and will get of

borat

Bench
Y2Eel said:
whats that pointing out?? barret wasnt defending himself??

Are you blind. El Diablo said there was no precident idiot, the article and the quote I posted states there is. Clown

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Y2Eel said:
Then they can go back to the danny williams case in your opinion...
Its nothing like the Danny Williams incident. Please stop embarrassing yourself.

El Diablo

Post Whore
borat said:
Are you blind. El Diablo said there was no precident idiot, the article and the quote I posted states there is. Clown

your article is nothing similar to what happened on Friday.

borat

Bench
El Diablo said:
That was not close at all as I pointed out above.

Hopoate and Stapleton were fighting and Stapleton was charged with fighting.

Barrett was not in a fight and was charged with striking.

Barrett was defending himself after the cheap shot from Marsh. I didn't write the article.

Y2Eel

First Grade
borat said:
It will be very interesting if the little cry baby Marsh pleads guilty considering his claims that he did nothing wrong. This will see what he is made of.

Marsh is the gutless one here who was to scared to through a punch and waits for the security of the dressing sheds to hit back. Its going to be hilarious that his guilty plea will be all Barrett needs to get off as he was retaliating to the cheap high & late elbow that Marsh threw.

i guess you didnt see much after barret threw those poofy 2 punches (if anything he should get of due to the punches he threw) after marsh turned around he got a couple in also(which makes you wonder why he wasnt charged aswell for throwing some punches? )
Cos he aint a cat and hit a man from behind

Y2Eel

First Grade
borat said:
Barrett was defending himself after the cheap shot from Marsh. I didn't write the article.

HE didnt defend himself he attacked a man from behind how is that attacking the article also says theys why he wouldnt be charged guess what he was charged so that article is useless to barrets charge

Y2Eel

First Grade
Willow said:
Its nothing like the Danny Williams incident. Please stop embarrassing yourself.

Its the closest thing st george can use to help barret get off...

Latest posts