What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bazza

Weaponhead

Coach
I wasn't a fan of Bazza and the self reporting initially, especially when the rumours popped up that there were other "issues" being found.

However it turned out to be the right thing to do.

The fines were manageable, the premiership not at risk and the value of a "self reported" breach at NRL HQ (especially given the current clusterfg of an environment) with the simple response "we accept the penalties and move forward" can not be undersold. It's buried the story quickly and only the NRL themselves are to blame for dragging out the investigation so long.

Also, on stupidity alone, we deserved a fine. If the club didn't know that its' own representative couldn't establish a third party business to source TPAs, they were stupid. If they did know and did it anyway, they were stupid.
Fair assessment. Bazza not knowing the extent of issues (from his own comments yesterday) before self-reporting shows the reasonable result is a bit more good luck than good management.

I can't begrudge him moving on. None of us know his personal situation.

The board needs to make a smart appointment. The Sharks are running out of chances to get it right. The drums will keep beating on relocation until a sydney club falls over.

I would not be surprised if we appoint a female, Marina Go would be the one, or go with local boy might be looking for job in May Sco Mo

Sharkman

Juniors
Fair assessment. Bazza not knowing the extent of issues (from his own comments yesterday) before self-reporting shows the reasonable result is a bit more good luck than good management.

I can't begrudge him moving on. None of us know his personal situation.

The board needs to make a smart appointment. The Sharks are running out of chances to get it right. The drums will keep beating on relocation until a sydney club falls over.

True enough, good luck had plenty to do with it.

Check the press, everyone making comment on how positive it is that Barry self reported and what high esteem he’s held in.

Can’t put a price on the salary cap issue and other (albeit unknown crap) being put to bed.

It’ll only be muppets like Kent who carryon in 16 weeks when we’re at the top of the table.

Felt like we were due for top tier club “luck”.

@Stake Removed - Marina Go was horrid at the Tigers mate.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I would not be surprised if we appoint a female, Marina Go would be the one, or go with local boy might be looking for job in May Sco Mo

Yeah, Marina Goh. An NRL stooge planted at the Tigers who didnt know hey were cheating.

She’d be a geeat choice Stake.....

:rolleyes:

txta2

First Grade
As if Bazza had anything to do with it? It was all Flanno.
You can't really prove that. Was SJ signed before Baz dobbed them in?.
I've heard differently, and no I can't prove what happened but I heard Barry did the signing with no approval from the board or coach.
Why would Flanno want to sign SJ? Kyle is in lower grades and the halves were sorted.
Part of the puzzle of why Barry got the coach out and offside with the board.

Last edited:

Latest posts