What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BBB's XPA Wash Down

We got beat by a way better team.
They were methodical, I couldn't help but be impressed by their game.
There are levels in this competition, the Storm and Panthers play at a different level.
The scoreline doesn't reflect it but we are 5-10% behind them.

I cannot blame individual players for that loss, I can however point out that Rudolf in the first half caused some loss of big points, and Katoa has more than a few brain farts every game.
Nicho came to us as a $600k player, he's now a $1M player, time to earn that pay lad, really.

But in all honesty, they were just really f$%king great.

I'm playing my broken record for about the 78th time in the last 3 years. This squad is just not good enough and neither is this coach with his retention of them all. Bunch of middle of the road squad players.

island pro

Juniors
I agree with all of that BBB. I thought Katoa was solid enough though.

The loss isn’t on Nicho at all, but geez he is a passenger these days. He runs slower than Adam Dykes, he kicks like Matt Moylan and has the fortitude of of Ian Baker Finch.

I actually don’t think I’ve seen a player lose their magic so quickly and so dramatically. I genuinely think he is cooked and will stay that way.

He won’t be dropped this year, and fair enough, but he can’t keep his place in first grade long term if he keeps playing so passively.

I'm playing my broken record for about the 78th time in the last 3 years. This squad is just not good enough and neither is this coach with his retention of them all. Bunch of middle of the road squad players.
If AFB plays like he has been the last few years he will change the course of the team.
We gain him and lose Royce, major difference.
They aren't middle of the road mate, most other teams would take them all in a heartbeat, it's just that the heartbeat of Penrith and Melbourne is-a-booming

I agree with all of that BBB. I thought Katoa was solid enough though.

The loss isn’t on Nicho at all, but geez he is a passenger these days. He runs slower than Adam Dykes, he kicks like Matt Moylan and has the fortitude of of Ian Baker Finch.

I actually don’t think I’ve seen a player lose their magic so quickly and so dramatically. I genuinely think he is cooked and will stay that way.

He won’t be dropped this year, and fair enough, but he can’t keep his place in first grade long term if he keeps playing so passively.
Katoa makes a whopping mistake every game. Today it was that stupid penalty, and to a lesser extent the dropped bomb challenge.
Hynes is injured, whether its in the mind or body I'm not sure, but he is gone at the moment. And not playing like a $1M player should be.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
We got beat by a way better team.
They were methodical, I couldn't help but be impressed by their game.
There are levels in this competition, the Storm and Panthers play at a different level.
The scoreline doesn't reflect it but we are 5-10% behind them.

I cannot blame individual players for that loss, I can however point out that Rudolf in the first half caused some loss of big points, and Katoa has more than a few brain farts every game.
Nicho came to us as a $600k player, he's now a $1M player, time to earn that pay lad, really.

But in all honesty, they were just really f$%king great.
Careful, you'll get accused of blaming Nicho for the loss.

Poss

Juniors
Fitzy summed it up pretty well in the press conference.

we had nothing go our way in the first half and then that try to make it 14-10, thought maybe there’s a contest. Then we give away a 5th tackle penalty in the first set of the second half and didn’t get off our line again.

Quigs

Immortal
Can't see us doing a Bradbury this year. I am pretty sure the two main contenders will remain upright right to the finish line.

The rest and us can just eat shit.

We need some hard mongrels. (psst if you are game enough watch our blokes shuffling around our 20 metre line and making no effort what so ever to get to or near the ball when Hughes puts up the bombs for Grant and Co's tries )

Weaponhead

Coach

we had nothing go our way in the first half and then that try to make it 14-10, thought maybe there’s a contest. Then we give away a 5th tackle penalty in the first set of the second half and didn’t get off our line again.
5th tackle penalty was a Jack Willy special.

That means that Melbourne saw/felt weakness and went for the jugular.
Thats what great teams do.

Can't see us doing a Bradbury this year. I am pretty sure the two main contenders will remain upright right to the finish line.

The rest and us can just eat shit.

We need some hard mongrels. (psst if you are game enough watch our blokes shuffling around our 20 metre line and making no effort what so ever to get to or near the ball when Hughes puts up the bombs for Grant and Co's tries )
At first I thought you were talking about Max

Weaponhead

Coach
Melbourne were very good. Munster and Grant were up for it and ran whenever they wanted. Their middle hammered ours and we couldn't get momentum.

To beat them down there in a final, you need a lot to go your way. We didn't get anything. We missed big moments.

Warbrick gave Ronnie a bath. Ronnie is really our only player with attacking X factor and he was not good.

Hynes just added to the narrative with that performance. He just needed to be solid and get into the contest. f**ked the kick for touch and then went into his shell.

Kennedy tries hard but we need an upgrade if this team is going to elevate.

On the positive side, Iro stood up. Trindall kicked well and the flick pass was sublime. Tinker had a crack. Kaufusi offloads are good (Toby's are shit, always go to ground).