What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beau Henry to Canterbury

TheRev

First Grade
Just to ressurect this thread, since the Dogs just signed Hodkinson on an 800,000 contract for 3 years (what the). This assumably means beau is either staying, or perhaps going elsewhere if some other clubs are wanting to throw money around on unproven potential.

http://www.nrl.com/NewsViews/LatestNews/NewsArticle/tabid/10874/newsId/59063/Default.aspx

Canterbury's search for a successor to halfback Brett Kimmorley is over with the NRL club confirming the signature of rising star Trent Hodkinson.
The 21-year-old Manly No.7 has signed a three-year deal with the Bulldogs reportedly worth $800,000.
It caps a memorable year for the Parramatta junior, who played for City Origin in May, just six games after making his first grade debut.
"I've had my eye on Trent for some time now," Canterbury coach Kevin Moore said.
"There is no better young halfback in the game and we're very happy to have him on board.
"We as a club have been impressed to see his game develop and I expect he'll form a great combination working alongside the likes of (hooker) Mick Ennis."
Hodkinson's signature comes after the Bulldogs failed to lure Parramatta half Daniel Mortimer to the club that made his surname famous.
His halves partner at the Eels, Kris Keating, was also on Canterbury's radar but has said he is keen to stay put.
The move rules the Bulldogs out of making a bid for Melbourne's Cooper Cronk should he be released as part of the Storm's salary cap fire sale.
The Bulldogs are yet to re-sign 33-year-old Kimmorley, who has indicated he wants to play on for another year.
An off-field role with the club is also a possibility for the veteran halfback.

nrlnrl

First Grade
it's no scoop, but this from today's RLW :

"Expect Newcastle to announce the signing of promising Dragon Beau Henry within days"

Tez

Juniors
Newcastle have problems in their halves. It wouldn't surprise to see them go all out for Beau.:(

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
If it came down for Saints to a choice between Henry Beau & Stanley Kyle, then I'm happy that we've made a good choice at ths point in time.

big pat

Coach
Newcastle have problems in their halves. It wouldn't surprise to see them go all out for Beau.:(

and how would beau henry solve their problems, from the couple of games i've seen he is a very bad defender.

Bring back choc

Juniors
hendrix is right. Barba will move to fullback when patten moves on to ESL. About Barba and Henry, the same thing was said about Preston Campbell and Thurston when they started in FG. Thurston has turned out to be one of the best number 7 defenders in the game.

Todd Greenberg is way ahead of any other CEO atm

Haha you have to be f$&king kidding don't you??? Todd greenberg has single handedly screwed the bullcheats. He is a self absorbed media hound who has no idea about the game of rugby league. He is far more interested in ridiculous and pointless promotion than building a team. This year had proven that kevin Moore should never have been appointed coach. He is very very over rated and has been exposed. They bought a heap of fringe first graders... Their only decent player wanted out half way through his contract. They have bought a slow hack winger in turner, they have another slow hack winger in Goodwin, they continue to buy the same kind of players... Tandy, toleman, stagg... Dead set they will miss the finals for a few years to come yet.

Greenberg = myth. He's way behind champ. Don't believe everything you read and see on TV.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Haha you have to be f$&king kidding don't you??? Todd greenberg has single handedly screwed the bullcheats. He is a self absorbed media hound who has no idea about the game of rugby league. He is far more interested in ridiculous and pointless promotion than building a team. This year had proven that kevin Moore should never have been appointed coach. He is very very over rated and has been exposed. They bought a heap of fringe first graders... Their only decent player wanted out half way through his contract. They have bought a slow hack winger in turner, they have another slow hack winger in Goodwin, they continue to buy the same kind of players... Tandy, toleman, stagg... Dead set they will miss the finals for a few years to come yet.

Greenberg = myth. He's way behind champ. Don't believe everything you read and see on TV.

#-o Deary me. We haven't signed Henry and we likely won't now we've acquired Hodkinson from the Eagles.

Greenberg... did he win awards last year for screwing our club? :lol: Media hound? I'd have to go back to the Belmore announcement in mid-to-late May for the last time I saw him on TV.

Goodwin slow? :lol:

Tandy I'm not sold on yet, but how you can have a shot at players like Tolman, who has been fantastic for Melbourne, and Stagg, who tops every defensive stat there is (and EVERY person who plays Fantasy comps online has him in their team)... not sure where you're pulling that from.

We might well miss the finals this year but you can't perform every year, and that's life. I'm sure there were years where the Dragons had a fantastic roster but failed to fire.

j0nesy

Bench
#-o Deary me. We haven't signed Henry and we likely won't now we've acquired Hodkinson from the Eagles.

I think you're missing the point. There were few Bulldogs trolls in here claiming Greenberg was the greatest CEO because he had managed to lure Henry away from the Dragons. These two twats have gone MIA. Perhaps they're not Hodkinson fans? Personally I think Hodkinson is a very good player who will get better.

trudge

Bench
Beau Henry the new Matthew Head.

Kyle Stanley - Mundine.

One took us to three grand finals. The other didn't.

patzz_

Juniors
Just mentioning the bulldogs recruitment again, they really are going nowhere. Tolman and tandy are just like the forwards they have now who all they can do is hit the ball up and create no second phase play, they need more forwards who can offload, yet they buy more of these players. This is where their problems are coming from this year.

They have no speed outwide, Indris and Turner have no speed whatsoever.

They have thrown the bank down at this young halfback, but all the publicity and expectations may work the opposite way intended.

If Patten and Ryan go, they will have no leaders and direction, I still believe Patten is one of their better players.

Just dno what is going down recruitment wise at Belmore.

Timmah

Staff member
They have no speed outwide, Indris and Turner have no speed whatsoever.

Spelling nothwithstanding, that's the funniest thing I've read in a while. Did you watch the game last night?

Timmah

Staff member
You're correct, I was referring to the comment about Jamal Idris, who behind Ben Barba was easily one of our best on the park.

Latest posts