What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beau Henry to Canterbury

Milkman

Juniors
And c@nterbury cheat to win theirs, 2004 was disgrace, so much so as the NRL have learn't there lesson and wont let the other disgraceful cheating club the Storm make a further mockery of the comp by alowing them to take pay cuts, with an illegally formed team.

Where did you get the idea from that i support canterbury?

macavity

Referee
Still not confirmed to the dogs - he is surely buckleys to stay at shellharbour... come up to Newie Beau, we need you!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Where did you get the idea from that i support canterbury?
lol. Someone is sounding a little paranoid.

OK Milko, which team do you support?

Short odds you'll avoid the question, or tell an outright lie.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Exactly. A strong fella would declare his intentions from the outset. Proud and clear in announcing who he supports. But a coward hides behind a sock puppet and then runs away. Milkboy is a snake. I give him a week before he falls into a blithering mess.

Red V Ultras

Juniors
Brodogs lost tonight so there will be a few robberies around and train carriages trashed ohh hang on is this what they get up to when they actually win games?

dragondad

First Grade
From today's Mercury. These are the words of Mr Bennett.

St George Illawarra coach Wayne Bennett has no interest in joining the frenzy of rival clubs and codes chasing Melbourne Storm players in the wake of the salary cap scandal.
The Dragons would require a clean-out of their ranks to be able to buy one of the Storm’s top players.
The club flattened out its payment structure and now has a more even spread of payments through the squad following the exit of former captain Mark Gasnier two years ago.
With captain Ben Hornby expected to re-sign soon in a deal which would see him play out the rest of his career with the Dragons, Bennett made it clear he intends to retain Neville Costigan, who is off contract at the end of the year.
The Dragons have already retained injured prop Matt Prior, playmaker Jamie Soward and NSW State of Origin front-rower Michael Weyman with new deals.
However, the future of young gun Beau Henry hangs in the balance, with several clubs chasing his signature.
It is believed North Queensland, Newcastle and the Bulldogs are all preparing to make offers.
Bennett said he hoped to hang on to Henry, who is likely to gain his chance in the NRL during the representative period.
"We've got to play it by ear right now," Bennett said about re-signing Henry.
"We'll see what Beau brings to the team when he gets the opportunity, because the under 20s is not the defining competition, the NRL is.
"I'm sure he'll get an opportunity over the next couple of months."

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Well there you go. Still up in the air. BS rumours and bashing cheat fans getting all excited. Desperate.

Where's my milk?

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Bulldogs are linked with every junior from every club at the moment. If they sign them all up they would join Melbourn in the race to see who can spend more over the cap.

Rexxy

Coach
Ive sniffed this bitch, and he's run.

FTR Milkman's pure Storm. But to ashamed to say it. Can understand why.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Most Storm supporters in Melbourne are ex-pat Bulldogs supporters. Talk about knowing how to pick a horse. lol

Cagey Mac

Bench
It appears the Dogs have gone cold on Henry in favour of Hodkinson which suits me fins as it screws Manly and keeps the pressure of our cap

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27074508-5018866,00.html

Canterbury-Bankstown are looking to recruit Manly halfback Trent Hodkinson
By Brent Read and Stuart Honeysett
May 04, 2010
Canterbury-Bankstown's search for a successor to Brett Kimmorley has led them to the man he will oppose on Friday night - Manly and City rookie Trent Hodkinson.
The Australian has been told the Bulldogs, resigned to missing out on the signature of Parramatta's Kris Keating, are ready to make Hodkinson one of their priority signings for next season.
The 21-year-old City halfback will be off-contract at Brookvale in spring and the Sea Eagles have limited room to move under the salary cap given they have re-signed Glenn Stewart, Kieran Foran, Anthony Watmough and Jamie Lyon to lucrative long-term deals.
Canterbury officials are expected to make a move for Hodkinson when his manager, David Riolo, returns from overseas.
"We don't want to do our recruitment and retention through the media," Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg said on Monday when asked about Hodkinson.
Hodkinson has only played seven games in first grade but the Bulldogs are well aware of his talents, having attempted to sign him before he joined Manly.
The club has been actively pursuing a long-term replacement for Kimmorley, the Country halfback on Friday night in Port Macquarie, although Hodkinson's possible arrival may not spell the end for the incumbent NSW No.7.
The Bulldogs have used Kimmorley as a selling point in their talks with Eels half Daniel Mortimer and his teammate Keating, suggesting both players could develop alongside a player of Kimmorley's class.
Mortimer, however, chose to re-sign with Parramatta while Keating, who will partner Hodkinson in the City halves, is expected to follow suit.
"Dave (Riolo) is looking after all that," Hodkinson said.
"I'm happy at Manly. It's a great club and I would love to stay there. I would like to stay at Manly for a long time. I am enjoying my time there. I just don't know too much about it to be honest."
While Hodkinson has become a target, the Bulldogs are also chasing the signature of Melbourne Storm prop Aiden Tolman, a move which would be the forerunner to Ben Hannant joining Brisbane Broncos next season.
Tolman had an offer on the table from the Storm but that club's salary cap drama has put all talks on hold. "There's a number of quality players up for contract discussion at the end of the year, but with the current status of Melbourne, I think most clubs are sitting back to see how it unfolds," Greenberg said.