What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beau Scott/Matt Prior - try/no try

Prior try, Scott no-try?

• Total voters

gUt

Coach
The ref and big Bill said it was a try , so.... you are wrong.

They said Gasnier's last year was a try too and we all know there is no way that should have been awar... oh wait he's a Dragon, carry on.

Last edited:

Version 6

Staff member
They said Gasnier's last year was a try to and we all know there is no way that should have been awar... oh wait he's a Dragon, carry on.

Harrigan actually said that was the wrong decision following the game.

gUt

Coach
I think you probably misunderstood what I meant Willow. I will rephrase it. The tackle was completed in my opinion.

aussie7798

First Grade
I think you probably misunderstood what I meant Willow. I will rephrase it. The tackle was completed in my opinion.

Well the rule book says that the tackle was not completed and i think the NRL is probably using the rule book and not your (incorrect)opinion

Dragon Dave

Bench

So if Scott had been facing the other way and instead of giving the ball to Prior, simply lowered him arms to ground the ball, that would be double movement?

Packy

Bench
Question for you and Packy. Are you ever going to get over it? Maybe "near over it"?

As I said previously. Over the result. We weren't even the better team. Doesn't change how I view the item of discussion. If we want to go back in history of "getting over things" we can always go back to 2009 when Soward wasn't impeded yet got a penalty due to a mistake by the refs. Like that one?

I am just prone to replying to the last word merchants here. Which I guess makes me one of them.. which makes it a paradox.

Deal with it.

gUt

Coach
So if Scott had been facing the other way and instead of giving the ball to Prior, simply lowered him arms to ground the ball, that would be double movement?

Putting the ball on the ground is not passing it to a team mate. If Hazem had passed it in that GF instead of fighting for a good 3-4 seconds in the in goal before eventually putting it on the deck he would have been penalized (corrections welcome).

Willow

Assistant Moderator
As I said previously. Over the result. We weren't even the better team. Doesn't change how I view the item of discussion. If we want to go back in history of "getting over things" we can always go back to 2009 when Soward wasn't impeded yet got a penalty due to a mistake by the refs. Like that one?
2009?

Oh yeah... you're over it. :lol:
Packy said:
I am just prone to replying to the last word merchants here. Which I guess makes me one of them.. which makes it a paradox.
No, it just means you can't understand the rules of the game. Don't feel bad, it happens to the best of them.

Packy said:
Deal with it.
LOL. I'm dealing with it fine. It was a try. We won, you lost. And we're even winning the vote.

Come over to the light Packy... folks are much happier here.

Bucket

Bench
was a try on 2 counts...1. the tackle still had momentum when the ball was handed off and his arms were still off the ground....why is anyone even arguing otherwise? it's clear cut, it only looks as if the tackle was completed in mega slow mo

Latest posts