What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beau Scott/Matt Prior - try/no try

Prior try, Scott no-try?

• Total voters

Packy

Bench
The rules are always goverened to the letter of the law and referees are always right. That is what this thread has taught me. Or that is what many of you believe.

Yeah I am probs butt hurt but that's life. I am over the result (losing is a bit to common now days to be too upset) but I would call this try up every week if it were to happen.

I still dispute that this should be a try. I believe that if he had have thrown the ball rather than handing it off the action would have been more pronouced and a penalty would have been called. If this was on the half way line a penalty would have been called. I believe that if a player had dived on him it would have been a flop.

Shit happens and the better team won on the day but if you can't see that this is precident for a can of worms you are a bit naive. This was rugby union.

Dragon Dave

Bench
Incorrect context.

That last part refers to a player who is lying on the ground of their own accord (i.e. dived on the ball or fell over) - not when getting tackled.

Scott, if he was able to reach, would have been allowed to promote the football to ground the ball without it being considered a double movement - thus he is also allowed to pass the ball.

Prob the best explanation yet. If Scott had been facing the other way, he could've leant over to place the ball over the line and it is a try.

The Gambler

Juniors
He looked plenty succumbed to me.
This.

What is 'succumbed' to the tackle anyway? Is that defined in an appendix to the rules somewhere? :sarcasm:

Personally, I love these contentious calls anyway - adds to our already exciting game - gives us plenty to talk about at the water cooler at the office. So keep it up refs!!!

kurt faulk

Coach
If it had been blown up as a penalty, I reckon no one would have commented.

if the ignorant 9 commentators didn't start crying about it i reckon no dogs supporters would have had their cry about it. although it was and is amusing watching them cry.

keep planning your revenge for the next game doggies. make sure you have an excuse ready when you lose.

Packy

Bench
if the ignorant 9 commentators didn't start crying about it i reckon no dogs supporters would have had their cry about it. although it was and is amusing watching them cry.

Ignorant statement is ignorant. I didn't have sound on and I was disgusted at this "decision".

So... you are wrong.

Frailty

First Grade
Scott, if he was able to reach, would have been allowed to promote the football to ground the ball without it being considered a double movement - thus he is also allowed to pass the ball.

Latest posts