What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beer

carcharias

Immortal
Nah
I just have an extremely good diet in terms of
fats and carbs.

Skim milk , low fat cereal, salad for lunch with lean meat.
Same for dinner.
Heaps if fruit.

Been doing it for over ten years.
I got crook and was told to change my diet to get over it. ( glandular fever)

I swear you can drink as much piss as you like.
You have to exercise as well though.

Joker's Wild

Coach
It's all about calories mate

If your exercise is burning the excess energy in your diet, your not gonna gain weight.

It ain't rocket surgery

dubo

Juniors
Males tend to store fat around the gut, chicks around the ass.

If you want to drop weight fast, you gotta drop carbs/sugar out of your diet. Bread,rice,potato, sugar are no no's. Beer is made from sugar, grains and water. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure it out mate.

The guy girl thing seems to be true.

Thanks mate your post made me ring my wife and bring home a bbq chicken and I'm having a salad with a little cheese and avocado. No more chips and potatoes etc.
I'm going to give it a go for a few weeks.

dubo

Juniors
First things first it's almost entirely diet. Exercise is good for looking good/getting fit/getting strong/killing an hour but diet is the most important thing.

See a doctor about your alcoholism tho

I have, it's more about me being in control. If I stick with six i'm happy at this stage.

dubo

Juniors
6 beers a night is, roughly, between 800-900 calories which is almost a Big Mac and fries. Most men, again roughly, should consume about 2,000 calories a day to maintain their weight. So your 6 beers are nearly half your daily calorie intake.

And low carb beer isn't much better at all.

If you want to drink, drink neat spirits.

I'd suggest leaving the grog to weekends.

Thanks mate, I used to work shift work and only had the chance to drink 2 to 3 times a week, now that I had to stop work for a while I sort of got into a bad habit.

dubo

Juniors
I can answer this for you as I have done the experiment.
Last January I had no beer.
No meat
No sugar
I swam 2 Kms every 2nd morning and ran 5 km every other morning .
I lost 700 grams.

This year in the last 2 months I have stopped eating bread potatoes and rice
I ate heaps of all three before.
I still run 15 Kms a week .
I weigh exactly the same as I did 2 months ago.

Drink up
Pig out.

That's confusing

dubo

Juniors
Either one of 3 things have happened here:

1. Even though you have stopped eating certain foods, your portion sizes of other foods have remained large and have kept you at a calorie surplus

2. You have a thyroid issue that is effecting your metabolism

3. You are some sort of genetic freak who process calories in a completely different way to normal humans and need to be studied by scientists

You know what my doctor who I have seen for years said exactly number 3. I have had heaps of tests. My liver and kidneys are 100% normal

dubo

Juniors
It's all about calories mate

If your exercise is burning the excess energy in your diet, your not gonna gain weight.

It ain't rocket surgery

I guess I am losing weight, just a little slow atm. I have to admit my old man was a alcoholic during his middle years, he is very healthy and totally switched on, in his late 70's going strong and I feel I am following his life in detail. I really appreciate this advice from real people out here, so not trying to bore people with my issues and I would like to keep updates if this helps me.

Thomas

First Grade
Thanks mate, I used to work shift work and only had the chance to drink 2 to 3 times a week, now that I had to stop work for a while I sort of got into a bad habit.

I was the same. Shift worker and I didn't drink. Then I got an office job and suddenly it's beers every night.

My wife and I have 4 drink free nights a week and I certainly can see the benefits.

beave

Coach
Dubo, its not for everyone but I did the Dukan diet and dropped 22kgs in about 3-4 months (100->78kgs). I did about an hour a day excercise(hill walking, gym, boxing) and the weight fell off me. Have a look online for it.

I eat whatever I like, eat 4 or 5 meals a day during the work week, drink 20-50 beers on the weekend and only play indoor soccer for 40 mins a week and surf. My weight never moves more then 2-3kgs either side of 96kgs.I just can't see how I could ever gain weight but if i do I'd never be able to diet, I love food way too much.

carcharias

Immortal
Dubo, its not for everyone but I did the Dukan diet and dropped 22kgs in about 3-4 months (100->78kgs). I did about an hour a day excercise(hill walking, gym, boxing) and the weight fell off me. Have a look online for it.

Good advice.

People are different.
I had a mate who was an alcoholic and a chef.
Yet he was rake thin.

I Myself can drink heaps and not put on weight
But ... And it's a massive but
I exercise a fair bit and very eat well.

At the end of the you can't beat getting out and doing the work.

carcharias

Immortal
]Good advice.

People are different.
Yet he was rake thin.

At the end of the day you can't beat getting out and doing the work.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Good advice.

People are different.
Yet he was rake thin.

At the end of the day you can't beat getting out and doing the work.

Packy

Bench
I eat whatever I like, eat 4 or 5 meals a day during the work week, drink 20-50 beers on the weekend and only play indoor soccer for 40 mins a week and surf. My weight never moves more then 2-3kgs either side of 96kgs.I just can't see how I could ever gain weight but if i do I'd never be able to diet, I love food way too much.

Ahh me in my 20's....

Latest posts