What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beer

dubo

Juniors
Hey guys,

How much of a factor is drinking half a dozen every night stopping me from losing my gut????

I was about 115 kg about 2 years ago, dropped down to 105 through eating less. Been at 105 for about 1 years, recently bought a treadmill and have been doing 40+ minutes 4 times a week and have only dropped another 2 kgs. I have now seemed to have hit the wall with losing kilo's.

I don't want to give up my favourite past time. I don't think I eat that much, a bowl of muesli in the morning and a standard size dinner, generally no snake in between.

Huge mate they don't refer to it as a beer gut for a reason, full of carbs and sugars.

Try superdry style beers and low carb ones, but even they are still crap.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Plays a massive part.

I dropped 15kg earlier this year thru reducing carbs, beer and doing more excercise.

Don't need to cut out beer completely and if you do need a fix regularly, try gin & tonic, or vodka lime & soda.

Lower Kj than beer or wine.

Just mix them yourself - don't get premix.

dubo

Juniors
I know I sound ridiculous sort off, I'm even prepared to eat less and exercise more. It just seems like my body is on strike and won't get rid of the fat.

dubo

Juniors
Plays a massive part.

I dropped 15kg earlier this year thru reducing carbs, beer and doing more excercise.

Don't need to cut out beer completely and if you do need a fix regularly, try gin & tonic, or vodka lime & soda.

Lower Kj than beer or wine.

Just mix them yourself - don't get premix.

Only like beer muzby, sometimes a red wine during the cooler months but that's it.
I hardly have any fat anywhere else on my body, just my gut and hips. Other than that if i do a pinch test my skin folds are lucky to be 5 or 6 mm on all other areas of my body.

beave

Coach
Males tend to store fat around the gut, chicks around the ass.

If you want to drop weight fast, you gotta drop carbs/sugar out of your diet. Bread,rice,potato, sugar are no no's. Beer is made from sugar, grains and water. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure it out mate.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
No offence but 6 beers a night and a reluctance to give it up points to bigger issues.

I know.. that's 42 bottles a week, or 84 bottles a fortnight.

Given the standard recycling bin only holds 70 bottles and is collected fortnightly, the remaining 14 bottles must be going into landfill.

Which makes a total of 364 bottles a year that aren't being recycled..

I know.. that's 42 bottles a week, or 84 bottles a fortnight.

Given the standard recycling bin only holds 70 bottles and is collected fortnightly, the remaining 14 bottles must be going into landfill.

Which makes a total of 364 bottles a year that aren't being recycled..

[youtube]wO8jpo5E48Q[/youtube]

Whoosh

Juniors
I also heard a bloke saying the other day that doing the same exercise over and over starts to wear thin as well. Apparently your body "gets used" to it, and you stop losing weight. You have to either run for longer on the treadmill, or run faster, or better still mix it up with some pushups and situps.

some11

Referee
No offence but 6 beers a night and a reluctance to give it up points to bigger issues.

I'd call 6 beers of any strength every night a drinking problem..

Save it for Friday nights, weekends and bring some weights into your exercise routine. A good hard workout can make you feel high sometimes, that might help curb drinking.

Last edited:

Pete Cash

Post Whore
First things first it's almost entirely diet. Exercise is good for looking good/getting fit/getting strong/killing an hour but diet is the most important thing.

See a doctor about your alcoholism tho

urban eel

Juniors
good idea, switch to binge drinking :lol:

there was a good post about doing interval sprints and runs somewhere on the site

Thomas

First Grade
6 beers a night is, roughly, between 800-900 calories which is almost a Big Mac and fries. Most men, again roughly, should consume about 2,000 calories a day to maintain their weight. So your 6 beers are nearly half your daily calorie intake.

And low carb beer isn't much better at all.

If you want to drink, drink neat spirits.

I'd suggest leaving the grog to weekends.

carcharias

Immortal
I can answer this for you as I have done the experiment.
Last January I had no beer.
No meat
No sugar
I swam 2 Kms every 2nd morning and ran 5 km every other morning .
I lost 700 grams.

This year in the last 2 months I have stopped eating bread potatoes and rice
I ate heaps of all three before.
I still run 15 Kms a week .
I weigh exactly the same as I did 2 months ago.

Drink up
Pig out.

Joker's Wild

Coach
I can answer this for you as I have done the experiment.
Last January I had no beer.
No meat
No sugar
I swam 2 Kms every 2nd morning and ran 5 km every other morning .
I lost 700 grams.

This year in the last 2 months I have stopped eating bread potatoes and rice
I ate heaps of all three before.
I still run 15 Kms a week .
I weigh exactly the same as I did 2 months ago.

Drink up
Pig out.

Either one of 3 things have happened here:

1. Even though you have stopped eating certain foods, your portion sizes of other foods have remained large and have kept you at a calorie surplus

2. You have a thyroid issue that is effecting your metabolism

3. You are some sort of genetic freak who process calories in a completely different way to normal humans and need to be studied by scientists

carcharias

Immortal
Either one of 3 things have happened here:

1. Even though you have stopped eating certain foods, your portion sizes of other foods have remained large and have kept you at a calorie surplus

3. You are some sort of genetic freak who process calories in a completely different way to normal humans and need to be studied by scientists

I'm not fat.
5/10 81 kegs. Give or take the weight of a morning turd.
I only eat good food
No take away
I drink a good amount of beer.
Carton a week approx .

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
either one of 3 things have happened here:

4. Aod-9604