What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bellamy at top of Dragons' hit list to take over from Bennett

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Willow, I used the forum to vent my frustration with how things are for our team. Had I known it was subject to such critical scrutiny I'd have just kept it to myself. You'll have to enlighten me on what you mean by 'troll' please.
lol@ "vent my frustration with how things are for our team"...

Go to bed.

RedVee

First Grade
Tim.

I agree with your above comments...well done.

Just relax mate... he will make his announcement very soon...trust me.
Bennett is a VERY good coach but he is NOT the team. There is no I in TEAM.

But there is an I in TITLE.
and he got us 1.

KiamaSaint

Coach
Willow, I used the forum to vent my frustration with how things are for our team. Had I known it was subject to such critical scrutiny I'd have just kept it to myself. You'll have to enlighten me on what you mean by 'troll' please.
A "troll" is a supporter from another team who comes into our forum just to stir up trouble, usually with a stupid comment that he/she knows will get dragon fans biting.

Tim Smith

Juniors
No Willow I didn't know that and I am not a troll, I am a Dragons supporter and have been for the past 40 years. I am not trying to stir...I am just concerned about the year ahead and the effect ongoing uncertainty about the coach might have. I was genuine in my concerns but obviously expressed them in a way not viewed as acceptable here.

I am a passionate Dragons supporter living in Queensland. I was at the grand final and have the DVD to watch again and again. But my supporters passion wants another premiership and not to continue the trend of plummeting from premier to also ran. Hopefully we can achieve the difficult feat of back to back premierships whatever unfolds through the year.

stg666

Juniors
a sign of things to come...........THE PRICE IS RIGHT will be seen on the hill in the future. imo

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Timmy, I note that you have avoided every question I placed before you.
No Willow I didn't know that and I am not a troll, I am a Dragons supporter and have been for the past 40 years. I am not trying to stir...I am just concerned about the year ahead and the effect ongoing uncertainty about the coach might have. I was genuine in my concerns but obviously expressed them in a way not viewed as acceptable here.

I am a passionate Dragons supporter living in Queensland. I was at the grand final and have the DVD to watch again and again. But my supporters passion wants another premiership and not to continue the trend of plummeting from premier to also ran. Hopefully we can achieve the difficult feat of back to back premierships whatever unfolds through the year.

Timmy, if that's true you're old enough to know better. Sooks and whingers get what they deserve. Do you put up with whining idiots?

Moreover, we just won a grand final. I've been waiting over 30 years. Plus we have a team in the UK right now trying to lift another trophy.

These are great times.

Then folks like you come along...

We've got bizarre creatures like you, making up stupid crap about Bennett and Boyd. Yokel yarn that reaches below pub talk.

Creeping's mum-in-law is crook. That much we know.

But when you're sat on your arse, you play the victim card. Go figure.

Yes, you're a queenslander. Thankfully I know a few more queenslanders.

Last edited:

Bring back choc

Juniors
i'll say it again. Price is not ready to take the job. Potential is there. But i would have hoped we've learnt our lesson with young coaches. I think it's proven older, wiser more senior coaches are the way to go at the moment. Players need direction. A coach who's close to the same age as senior players cannot provide this effectively. Price should head to england. Apply his trade for a few seasons.

Father Ted

First Grade
In Norse mythology, a troll is a generally negative synonym for jötunn. Later, in Scandinavian folklore, trolls became beings in their own right. In modern times trolls are depicted in a variety of media.

Jötunn

A jötunn , sometimes anglicized as jotun (pronounced yotun), is a giant in Norse mythology, a member of a race of nature spirits with superhuman strength, described as sometimes standing in opposition to the races of the tribes of the Æsir and Vanir, although they frequently mingle with or intermarry with these. Their otherworldly homeland is Jötunheimr, one of the nine worlds of Norse cosmology, separated from Midgard, the world of humans, by high mountains or dense forests. Other place names are also associated with them, including Niflheimr, Utgarðr and Járnviðr. In some legends and myths they are described as having the same height as humans.
In later Scandinavian folklore, the nature spirits called trolls (deriving from the term for 'magic') take over many of the functions of the more ancient concept of the jötunn. The mountain range of southern Norway is likewise called in Norwegian Jotunheimen or the Jotunheim Mountains

stg666

Juniors
would some peoples minds be changed regarding Steve Price if WAYNE says he is the man for the job. and no, i dont know WAYNES wishes. just wondering out loud here.

Tim Smith

Juniors
Willow I am a New South Welshman Dragons supporter living in Queensland...I am not a victim, have not made anything up about Bennett. All I was doing was putting forward my desire for the coaching puzzle to be sorted sooner rather than later. I'm not interested in a running slanging match with you...this thread is about potential coaches post Bennett ...if and when he goes...

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Willow I am a New South Welshman Dragons supporter living in Queensland...I am not a victim, have not made anything up about Bennett. All I was doing was putting forward my desire for the coaching puzzle to be sorted sooner rather than later. I'm not interested in a running slanging match with you...this thread is about potential coaches post Bennett ...if and when he goes...
You have not made anything up about Bennett?

Why start telling porkies Tim?

You said much more:

He'll try and prize players away from us

plan our defeat while coaching a new side

I am surprised Boyd didn't travel home with Bennett...following him seems more important than the Red V.

the club and its future not a notch on the ego belt

he loves a drama

Your words. Bold claims, and you made it all up.

Troll.

One of things trolls do is to make dumb claims in the hope of turning attention towards themselves. Check.

They then deny the existence of those claims. Check.

They love the attention. Check.

Another thing trolls do is ignore challenges and questions regarding their argument. Check.

When cornered, Trolls get uptight. Check

They then tell us stuff about themselves. Check.

They also play the moderator card. Check.

And finally... the troll in denial has trouble separating forum life from real life. Check

Timmy, I am an extremely shallow person. Petty at times... and when it comes to being bloody minded, I am the biggest mindless nut when the situation calls for it. But I am still smarter than you.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
would some peoples minds be changed regarding Steve Price if WAYNE says he is the man for the job. and no, i dont know WAYNES wishes. just wondering out loud here.
Indeed. People are getting too hung up on what Bennett is thinking. He'll make his decision when he's ready, that's the be-all and end-all of of that.

People sometimes forget that we have a club board... and they appoint the coach.

And they don't just get their info from one person.

Last edited:
I'd take Bellamy. Better record than Wayne in the modern game...the concessions bris got during the late 80's early 90's in the name of expansion more than make up for the fact Craig coached a cheat team

You have not made anything up about Bennett?

Why start telling porkies Tim?

You said much more:

He'll try and prize players away from us

plan our defeat while coaching a new side

I am surprised Boyd didn't travel home with Bennett...following him seems more important than the Red V.

the club and its future not a notch on the ego belt

he loves a drama

Your words. Bold claims, and you made it all up.

Troll.

One of things trolls do is to make dumb claims in the hope of turning attention towards themselves. Check.

They then deny the existence of those claims. Check.

They love the attention. Check.

Another thing trolls do is ignore challenges and questions regarding their argument. Check.

When cornered, Trolls get uptight. Check

They then tell us stuff about themselves. Check.

They also play the moderator card. Check.

And finally... the troll in denial has trouble separating forum life from real life. Check

Timmy, I am an extremely shallow person. Petty at times... and when it comes to being bloody minded, I am the biggest mindless nut when the situation calls for it. But I am still smarter than you.

On the run of play I got Tim's back here.
First of your bolded statements shows a concern many Dragons fans have about Bennet leaving. Boyds statements have been highly publicised.

Now this is one of the Sad all time defensive posts. Haha
"Brrr, Brrr, outright statements are bad", "you totally shouldn't make unsubstantiated remarks" straight into
-One of things trolls do is to make dumb claims in the hope of turning attention towards themselves.
or
- They then deny the existence of those claims
but granted they do
- love the attention
even if
- they ignore challenges and questions regarding their argument (awaiting reply)
etc etc. Funny how words make things happen

Tim Smith

Juniors
He'll try and prize players away from us...just how the coaching game works, very few coaches go to a new club without taking someone with them...thats how we got Boyd in the first place...nothing personal and not making anything up its just what happens.

plan our defeat while coaching a new side...when a coach leaves and coaches another team his focus becomes on the new team...while here with us his focus is 100% with us and for us...when he coached us against the Broncos for the first time it must have been hard but he did...so when he coaches someone else he will plan our defeat...not personal and not making it up, its what will happen if and when he leaves.

I am surprised Boyd didn't travel home with Bennett...following him seems more important than the Red V...I agree bad form here to make the statement in regards this trip home..but I am disappointed Boyd sees himself as a Bennett follower not a dragons player...again I am not making it up, he has stated that himself

the club and its future not a notch on the ego belt...Bennett is quoted as being driven by a desire to coach a third club to a premiership...his call, his life, career ...i am disappointed that our success as a football team may not be enough of a challenge ..thats all...nothing personal and I'm not making it up...just a desire that our future could be enough for him to stay

he loves a drama...well if you look at the span of his career victory, success and drama have been his companions...from 1987 walking out on Canberra, sacking Lewis, encouraging Tallis to sit out a whole season under contract to us, parading Mundine in front of the media while playing for us, sacking Walters and Lazarus, dramas with administrators, coaches, players, the media, sacked from Australian coaching position, coaching against us for New Zealand. Nothiong I have made up but drama is part and parcel of the Bennett package, its not a slur or made up..its just the way it is...

Willow I didn't set out to make an enemy just share some opinions and concerns...I will heed your advice and chill a bit...enjoy the season ahead and worry about 2012 and our coach later on...