What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bellamy at top of Dragons' hit list to take over from Bennett

Godz Illa

Coach
They're the rantings of a petty greedy child, to be quite honest, while we're all sharing our feelings and concerns here. "Sure Wayne helped deliver us a premiership and the club is in the best shape it's been in for decades but gimme more more more".

centralsaint

Juniors
Bennett will leave us in great shape unless he leaves with our best player Boyd and a few young superstars in Kyle Stanley, Cameron King, Greenfield and Bosden. Rumours are circulating that players have been approached. I would be happy to give Steve Price or Anthony Griffin a chance.

j0nesy

Bench
The 2011 season hasn't started yet and we're worried about what Bennett is going to do in 2012. The man has done wonders for our club and we are much better off having had him as the club coach. If he leaves at the end of 2011, as he has every right to do, then I have full confidence that he will do so with integrity.

Who will replace him in 2012 if he leaves? If it's a new coach to the NRL I'd say it will be Price. If the board decides to stick with the winning formula then it will be another NRL coach that has the runs on the board / experienced success.

_Johnsy

Referee
They mean plenty if your employer enforces them. Inglis was let out of his contract by his employer hence why he was able to leave.

Which contract are you refering to ?

1st, 2nd or 3rd............................

BigNormProvan

Juniors
Carn Saints, 14hrs until we see our boys in Pomland. Can't wait, would love to see Benny H and Steve Price lift the WCC Trophy.

Go Saints!!

Big Norm - alarm clock set.

Bring back choc

Juniors
The 2011 season hasn't started yet and we're worried about what Bennett is going to do in 2012. The man has done wonders for our club and we are much better off having had him as the club coach. If he leaves at the end of 2011, as he has every right to do, then I have full confidence that he will do so with integrity.

Who will replace him in 2012 if he leaves? If it's a new coach to the NRL I'd say it will be Price. If the board decides to stick with the winning formula then it will be another NRL coach that has the runs on the board / experienced success.

I find it hilarious that people would want to appoint a young coach. We win our first premiership in 31 years and there's a suggestion we should change the formula. Unbelievable. I will be both shocked and bitterly disappointed if pricenis given the job. It's a step backwards in my opinion.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
dangerousdave said:
Funny how words make things happen
Not as funny as those who think they have a mortgage on being concerned about the club's future.

Some people act like they're the first ever to fight the good fight.
Willow I didn't set out to make an enemy just share some opinions and concerns...I will heed your advice and chill a bit...enjoy the season ahead and worry about 2012 and our coach later on...
Enemy? lol.

It's an internet forum Timmy. Stop taking it so personally.

You're going into a panic over future things that may or may not happen in a year, or years.

If you're fair dinkum, enjoy the place where we are at now.

I've just seen this club go through a near decade of accepting mediocrity. It was a dark period, and I had nothing but contempt for the club administrators who allowed it to happen. I had less time for the supporters who were apologists for this acceptance of mediocrity.

But look, we're here now. We're premiers... champions. And in a number of hours from now we are aiming at knocking over another mob on the other side of the world. If that doesn't cheer folks up, then they're beyond hope.

Come on Saints... bring it home!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I find it hilarious that people would want to appoint a young coach. We win our first premiership in 31 years and there's a suggestion we should change the formula. Unbelievable. I will be both shocked and bitterly disappointed if pricenis given the job. It's a step backwards in my opinion.

David Waite....

?

rainman44

Bench
Im with you choc,people have short memories of the brown days.Price might have the respect of the players but he is in the same boat as brown was with being too much matey matey with the boys.Lets stay strong for a while yet as i know how much its pissing off other supporters.

j0nesy

Bench

Well it wouldn't be my first choice either, but then I don't think I've really got a say in it. Have you?

Bring back choc

Juniors
Well it wouldn't be my first choice either, but then I don't think I've really got a say in it. Have you?

Unfortunately not. I also probably think Bennett will suggest Doust gives the job to Price. In that case, we really have no choice.

In reality i can't see us getting Sheens or Bellamy. I think Potter and Price are the people Doust will look at. Only time will tell.

Dragon Dave

Bench
After watching an under-strength Wigan team this morning I am more inclined to consider Maquire as a successor. He uses a similar game plan of field possesion and ball control and I think he can continue on with Wayne's platform if we can get him.

He wouldn't come cheap I imagine, with Wigan huge fans of his and what he has done over there, but I'm also led to believe he wants to coach in the big league aka the NRL.