What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bellamy

fizman

Bench
Riccio on NRL Tonight said that Bellamy is probably re-signing with the Storm for one year, maybe even today it will be announced.
He also said that he expects Fitz and the Sharks to be having a go at Nico.

Mate, when Xavier Coates signed with Melbourne, that's when I knew he was staying. Coates was very specific that he wanted to play football under Bellamy.

There is no way Bellamy would allow Coates to sign with Melbourne and then go elsewhere. He isn't that type of personality.

Mate, when Xavier Coates signed with Melbourne, that's when I knew he was staying. Coates was very specific that he wanted to play football under Bellamy.

There is no way Bellamy would allow Coates to sign with Melbourne and then go elsewhere. He isn't that type of personality.
Well that was called out as a done deal as soon as the rumour of Coates going there came up. Bellamy had to come out and say that the deal wasn't done with himself and that The Sharks were still in the picture.
I guess that was the last time he came out in public about it, so it entitles people to believe in there being truth to it.

R-15-3

Bench
Looks to me he is trying his hardest to put together the best team possible for next year before announcing he is leaving, wants to leave the club in the best position possible.
Has till July 2 just after their last game before the bye, before announcing he is leaving.

sharkman73

Juniors
Well he may have or hadn’t in time. But the bye makes the perfect time to announce if leaving any later will f**k up finals push

Who knows mate. The only thing for sure is he doesn't appear to be in any kind of rush.

Actually wouldn't be surprised if he left it until after the season.

Special K

Coach
Bellamy remained coy about his future when asked whether he would be on-board for what would be his 20th season at the helm of the Storm.

“I don’t know yet,” Bellamy said.

I think the club and team will be fine if I am not there. We have systems in place. I am confident, whether I am there or not, that this club will go on fine.

“These players, since the Big Three retired, have taken on a lot of responsibility as well, and it (the transition) has probably been a bit smoother than I thought it would be.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...h/news-story/b4ec7f534d3cea988b4233b190b38094

Interesting response to asking if he had made his mind up...

Ozzi_78

First Grade
I think the cheese (god I hate that nickname) should refrain from commenting on Bellamy if I was him.

AJB1102

First Grade

Like when Jack Bird left to play under Bennett.

Could be all that management company stuff that's guaranteed Townsend won't be dropped from our side this year.

CEO

Juniors
No inside knowledge. Just a theory.
But I don't think Bellamy can announce he is signing with Sharks until all Storm free agents (Finucane) we are pursuing are secured by Sharks for 2022.
It would potentially be seen as a conflict of interest and Storm management would terminate his contract immediately. This way he gets to see out his contract at the Storm.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
I see it a different way.

Firstly if circumstances with his ill wife were preventing him from moving then u stay and announce it. Why hasn’t that happened?

Secondly if he was to make a move he would be making sure Fitz got what they both needed to be a chance at success. One of those signed yesterday.

We are closer to the end than the start.

Tiger Shark

Bench
I see it a different way.

Firstly if circumstances with his ill wife were preventing him from moving then u stay and announce it. Why hasn’t that happened?

Secondly if he was to make a move he would be making sure Fitz got what they both needed to be a chance at success. One of those signed yesterday.

We are closer to the end than the start.

I like that theory more but I question how much the Sharks are going to go out and do (recruit, extend etc) with Bellamy not signed up.

Shit analogy but It's like meeting a chick on Tinder and she thinks your cute but wants you to shave your beard before you go out. I don't know about you but I'd be looking at some guarantees before going out and doing something like that.

Unless of course he's signed but it's all hush hush till later in the season.

Latest posts