What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bellemy Signs 5 year deal

DeeGan

Bench
Yep, Bellamy is THE key to Melbourne. Bellamy's signature was more prized than any player Melbourne have now or in the future.

Bellamy is the best coach in the business right now and his name alone will again, ensure players will stay for lesser money (like his mentor Bennett was able to give Brisbane) and also attract the best players in the game.

Ice777

Bench
Yep, Bellamy is THE key to Melbourne. Bellamy's signature was more prized than any player Melbourne have now or in the future.

Bellamy is the best coach in the business right now and his name alone will again, ensure players will stay for lesser money (like his mentor Bennett was able to give Brisbane) and also attract the best players in the game.

I bet you were as shocked as anyone that he signed DeeGan. You were the most adamant on here that he was signed sealed and delivered to go to Brisbane. You pretty much told us every time the subject came up :lol:

DeeGan

Bench
I bet you were as shocked as anyone that he signed DeeGan. You were the most adamant on here that he was signed sealed and delivered to go to Brisbane. You pretty much told us every time the subject came up :lol:

As I have said, I was getting bored of me with my Bellamy prediction and was definately shocked to hear the news.

Again, as I have said, this was one time I was happy to be proven incorrect (not the first time and it won't be the last) given Bellamy in Melbourne is great news. Melbourne will continue to go from strength to strength on and off the field which is GREAT news for the game.

If Bellamy had packed up and went home as I and many predicted, I think Melbourne stall a little.

IMO Storm will now have no problems fielding a competitive side for the next 5 years...players will still leave for more money but the lure of Bellamy as the coach along with playing alognside Slater, Johnson, Inglis and Smith will attract players to Melbourne.

Storm could win another couple of premierships in the next 5 years...very possible.

lotti

Bench
You don't have much of a grasp on reality do you.
it would've prevented weeks of speculation as to where he was going to go. LESStar and t-ba FYI I'm a fulltime fan of both ok I don't get to Brookie as often as I get to OP but that doesn't mean I don't love Manly any less than I do Melbourne.

DeeGan

Bench
I can't disagree at all Kia ... Melbourne are in one hell of a position to put together a truly great team that can be ranked along side some of the best off all-time. The 2007 version of Melbourne rates amongst my top three teams that I have ever seen in my time.

Back to back Grand Final appearances, one win, one loss ... I think they can win again this season and as you said, I think multiple titles over the next five seasons is very reachable with Bellamy at the helm.

Good time to be a Melbourne fan.

lotti

Bench
it's a great time, we've got our coach and one of our stars signed, sealed and delivered fingers crossed Lima or Blair depending on which one we can afford under the cap follows suit.

I can't disagree at all Kia ... Melbourne are in one hell of a position to put together a truly great team that can be ranked along side some of the best off all-time. The 2007 version of Melbourne rates amongst my top three teams that I have ever seen in my time.

Back to back Grand Final appearances, one win, one loss ... I think they can win again this season and as you said, I think multiple titles over the next five seasons is very reachable with Bellamy at the helm.

Good time to be a Melbourne fan.

Been a Storm fan since day one...feel privileged to experience 2 GF wins in this time.

Ice777

Bench
That's the thing with the salary cap, most seem to think that if you have some success that inevitably that success will see you have some lean years because of how the cap is structured.

I've often heard that the Storm (or any other successful side) will go downhill as other clubs will rip the team apart because we can't afford to keep everyone but that doesn't necessarily have to be the case. Of course we're going to lose some players as we have already, but the main reason why most teams drop off after having success has more to do with player mis-management/recruitment than what it has to do with the cap.

Even the most successful team have exactly the same amount to spend as everyone else but if you don't have smart people managing that money as well as continuing to bringing kids through to replace the players you lose then you're going to end up going down the ladder.

A perfect example of player/cap management are the Brisbane Bronco's. They haven't missed the finals once since their inception and they're the perfect example and prove that success doesn't have to mean years of mediocrity. They have very smart people running their club and I believe the Storm also have the right people in place to help them maintain a few more years at least of being a very strong side.