What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bellemy Signs 5 year deal

HevyDevy

Coach
Hope we get Daniel Anderson now. Good luck to the Storm, happy for the sake of league down there that Bellamy stays.

By FAR the best coach available Locky.

I heard that Henjak was a front-runner but I'd be going for Daniel Anderson definitely.

Dani

Immortal
Going to retain players and attract new ones with Bellamy as coach and continue to dominate :D

Well done Bellemy.
You had us all going there for moment going to the Broncs and all. You and your manager are fine negotiators.
If you have the time, could you please negotiate the next pay TV deal for the NRL as they're not very good at it.
Thanks in advance.

DeeGan

Bench
Well I was starting to annoy myself predicting Bellamy to Brisbane for 2010 and beyond - this is one of the few times I take delight in being wrong. Melbourne HAVE TO BE in this competition, keeping Bellamy will see some of their other stars take pay cuts to remain under his coaching.

Hats off to all involved, this is indeed a great day for Melbourne :clap:

Bman26

Juniors
Well done Bellemy.
You had us all going there for moment going to the Broncs and all. You and your manager are fine negotiators.
If you have the time, could you please negotiate the next pay TV deal for the NRL as they're not very good at it.
Thanks in advance.

lolz

No thanks, way too short term.

As a roughie..Steve Folkes? I'd pick Anderson but Folkes would not be a bad option, very good coach and imo the Dogs just have not had a good side for a few years. Done well to get them to where they have been in the past few years.

short term? based on what? you want a coach for another 20 years ?? lang > daniel anderson ... what did daniel anderson ever achieve?? he took the warriors to ONE grand final and has been over in the ESL ... sh*t even graham won something over there ... john lang moulded a cronulla side that were a year away from winning the premiership until the cronulla board threw it all away ... he took the worst team in the NRL to a premiership in what 2 years at the club? i don't get why you've got it against lang ... they won't sign him anyway but i don't see why you want anderson either

I'm like a few others here, don't know whether to be happy or dissapointed. I was never really convinced by recent reports, specifically the one by MG that suggested he'd jump ship as of next season, so I didn't really get high hopes as it was.

In a sense this is relieving given the problem alot of our supporters have had with his overseeing of excessive, dangerous wrestling tactics, among other things. But lets not kid ourselves, he is a brilliant coach in today's game and would've ensured we'd stay very competitive in years to come.

On the flipside, you'd have to say Henjak is the favourite now, assuming he is still available for the job and not moving on. He's worked under Bennett for 12 years, is held in very high regard by the coach and the players, and would continue to preserve the culture and current work ethic at the club. Essentially not much will change at all, apart from the obvious extra influence of the departing coach.

So really its a ho hum situation. Dissapointed and happy at the same time that Bellamy's not joining us in the future.

As for suggestions of Daniel Anderson or John Lang, please no. Personally i'd gladly accept Henjak or Matterson, who I originally regarded as the front runners for the job.

I think you guys are entering an interesting period in your club's history. You've enjoyed stability for twenty f**king years! Quite an amazing record so Henjak might be the logical choice for the reasons you laid out.
Otherwise it would be very weird if the Broncos suddenly had a coaching revolving door era. You never know with egos involved and all.

JW

Coach
I think you guys are entering an interesting period in your club's history. You've enjoyed stability for twenty f**king years! Quite an amazing record so Henjak might be the logical choice for the reasons you laid out.
Otherwise it would be very weird if the Broncos suddenly had a coaching revolving door era. You never know with egos involved and all.

Exactly, there is no point risking change for the sake of change and messing up a ship that has sailed smoothly for so long. Henjak is the best option we have, I feel, to keep things in order as best as possible.

Apart from being very respected within the club by all, he's very underrated with his organisation and training of the team. Brisbane's game changed for the better when he was given a greater role after the departure of Walters and co, and the results he's achieved have been first class.

He knows the players as well as anyone and he knows how the club rolls in all areas.

This bloke has had 12 years under Wayne Bennett - more than Bellamy did when he was with the club and more than the majority of the players. That has to count for something also, especially when you see where Bellamy is today.

Being the head coach may not turn out to be his go in the end, but I believe that its in the club's best interests to at least try him out first for a couple of seasons.

Ice777

Bench
yeah well haha yeah. Screw him, no one dare turn down the might of the Broncos franchise. You do so at your own peril.

Yes they do, the best coach in the business just did ;-)

I think his ties to Brisbane were well over-estimated just as much as his ties to the Storm were well under-estimated.

lotti

Bench
Well I'll just get up and leave work then.....

This is the biggest cornerstone in the history of the club, if Bellyache had gone, then Cam may of, White may of and GI may of. Now I cannot see them going. If we re-sign Lima and Blair for beyond this year, we are dead set in business to run this league for the next 3-4 years.
Round 9 could always be Bellamy appriciation day for the fans.

Canard

Immortal
Money was obviously an issue, but I think legacy comes down to it as well. He has a chance to establish himself as an all time great who built his own team.

Moving to Brisbane, would see any sucess that came his way attributed to Bennett for some time to come.

Good for the game in the end that he stayed really.

Bloody brilliant news...Cam Smith, Inglis, Crocker and co are not going anywhere mate with the best in the business staying st Storm.

IMO Storm's signing of Bellamy is much more important than any player signing or release and he deserves every cent he gets.

He has learned well under Bennett and has set the benchmark in tactical nous and personal standards required to succeed.

Bloody brilliant...good on ya Bellyache.

Eels Dude

Coach
Good on Bellamy for staying put and keeping the Storm in a competitive position for years to come. And sucked in to the Broncos, they don't get their own way for once in a blue moon. Boo hoo.

lotti

Bench
yeah, I love it when the media gets Craig in a signing mood but god he should've re-signed as soon as Bennett announced he was leaving the Broncos.

Latest posts