What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bellemy Signs 5 year deal

hellteam

First Grade
i dont really want it to be anderson. i dunno i just never really rated him that much. kevin walters? hes coaching well at ipswich

northwest9

Juniors
all it means is the storm will be performing the 5 point palm expoding heart tackle soon, instead of the broncos

parra pete

Referee
The big question is this...He signs a contract for a five year deal?
What is a contract worth these days?
What are the 'get out' clauses, or with most contracts these days, they are not worth the paper they are written on..

Ice777

Bench
Appears there were some sticking points that Bellamy wouldn't go into at the press conference.

I just listened to the press conference and the only think he didn't go into was the money. Every contracts have "sticking points"...... they're called clauses.

The big question is this...He signs a contract for a five year deal?
What is a contract worth these days?
What are the 'get out' clauses, or with most contracts these days, they are not worth the paper they are written on..

Yawn. Not this again. A contract is today what it was in the past. A legally enforceable agreement. A contract is nothing more than that.

EDIT: That's not to say that there could be certain get out clauses etc which might be worth knowing, and the failure to disclose them would be potentially misleading if they existed.

mb63

Juniors
I just listened to the press conference and the only think he didn't go into was the money. Every contracts have "sticking points"...... they're called clauses.
Bellamy can run his own show in Melb maybe that was not going to be the case in Brisbane.

JW

Coach
I'm like a few others here, don't know whether to be happy or dissapointed. I was never really convinced by recent reports, specifically the one by MG that suggested he'd jump ship as of next season, so I didn't really get high hopes as it was.

In a sense this is relieving given the problem alot of our supporters have had with his overseeing of excessive, dangerous wrestling tactics, among other things. But lets not kid ourselves, he is a brilliant coach in today's game and would've ensured we'd stay very competitive in years to come.

On the flipside, you'd have to say Henjak is the favourite now, assuming he is still available for the job and not moving on. He's worked under Bennett for 12 years, is held in very high regard by the coach and the players, and would continue to preserve the culture and current work ethic at the club. Essentially not much will change at all, apart from the obvious extra influence of the departing coach.

So really its a ho hum situation. Dissapointed and happy at the same time that Bellamy's not joining us in the future.

As for suggestions of Daniel Anderson or John Lang, please no. Personally i'd gladly accept Henjak or Matterson, who I originally regarded as the front runners for the job.

Inferno

Coach
Good to see he's staying on.

I think Johnny Lang would be a good fit for the Broncs, although he's been out of the game for a couple of years.

I dont like Bellamy at all. But i was willing to have a coach i dont like for us to be successful. he is a very good coach and i wanted him bad and i thought i could grow to like him. but now hes not coming i can go back to saying f**k YOU BELLAMY! bring on henjak!

I'm like a few others here, don't know whether to be happy or dissapointed. I was never really convinced by recent reports, specifically the one by MG that suggested he'd jump ship as of next season, so I didn't really get high hopes as it was.

In a sense this is relieving given the problem alot of our supporters have had with his overseeing of excessive, dangerous wrestling tactics, among other things. But lets not kid ourselves, he is a brilliant coach in today's game and would've ensured we'd stay very competitive in years to come.

On the flipside, you'd have to say Henjak is the favourite now, assuming he is still available for the job and not moving on. He's worked under Bennett for 12 years, is held in very high regard by the coach and the players, and would continue to preserve the culture and current work ethic at the club. Essentially not much will change at all, apart from the obvious extra influence of the departing coach.

So really its a ho hum situation. Dissapointed and happy at the same time that Bellamy's not joining us in the future.

As for suggestions of Daniel Anderson or John Lang, please no. Personally i'd gladly accept Henjak or Matterson, who I originally regarded as the front runners for the job.

re john lang, i think he would be an excellent fit for the club.

a queenslander who likes to play attacking football fits the broncos down to a t.

success coaching in queensland competition, did quite well at the sharks and a premiership at the panthers.

why give someone untried like henjack a go, or matterson, hasnt done much in england at castleford (relegated 2 yrs ago, and not won many this year in SL).

anderson did quite well in SL as well, being voted the Coach of the year (across all sports) by the BBC. again he likes to coach his teams to play attacking football as well and has admitted hes learned from the mistakes at the warriors where the players got upset at the end

graham murrays record with average sides has been good. what he could achieve at a strong club one only wonders.

lockyno1

Post Whore
brisbane should ring up john lang

No thanks, way too short term.

As a roughie..Steve Folkes? I'd pick Anderson but Folkes would not be a bad option, very good coach and imo the Dogs just have not had a good side for a few years. Done well to get them to where they have been in the past few years.

greenhat

Juniors
Haha so it looks like the only one of the ex-Raider coaches without a strong sense of loyalty to his current club is the one coaching the bloody Raiders.

Its good news for me, I just moved to Melbourne so I'll get to watch good quality footy every second week. Tho I will hate the bastards for it.

mb63

Juniors
Haha so it looks like the only one of the ex-Raider coaches without a strong sense of loyalty to his current club is the one coaching the bloody Raiders.
Henry should have been shown the door for his disloyalty to the Raiders

Latest posts