What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Barba

AMD

Juniors
I'm not willing to death ride him just yet. The guys trying to get his life back in order and that kind of stuff takes time, and is showing on the field. He's definitely down on confidence, maybe a stint in QLD cup for a few weeks might help that. If that happened, Griffin would probably do 1 of 2 things:

1. Put Hoffman back to fullback and bring up (youd hope anyway) Nikorima who is a better 5/8. When Barba comes back Hoffman shifts to the wing, ultimately better for the team in the long run.

2. Maranta gets put into 5/8.

Knowing Griffin, 2 would not surprise me.

Funkotron

Juniors
He's been really poor ever since his first game. In fact 3 of the 4 of our "main" buys have been terrible - Barba, Lowrie and Kennedy. Vidot has been mostly good, but he really struggles under the high ball as well.

Bretto

Bench
He's been really poor ever since his first game. In fact 3 of the 4 of our "main" buys have been terrible - Barba, Lowrie and Kennedy. Vidot has been mostly good, but he really struggles under the high ball as well.

I can forgive Vidot a high ball or two if he keeps making near 200m a game.

GONZO72

Juniors
Yes, Barba is struggling, but he also was ordinary in a deporable Bulldogs side. He is still hurting after his teammates from last year brushed him. The so called family club must be held accountable, as their treatment, and the plethora of lies they dished up, were not dealt with by the NRL.
Barba might be struggling , but he is 3 times the player Sam Perrett is. Perrett would be so annoyed with himself for leaving such a successful club, the premiers. Yes, he is on about 300K more with the Dogs, but money doesn't represent happiness.& he will never get another chance to win a title.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
He needs to be rested.

Right now, his confidence has gone to hell. Give him some time away from the spotlight to get his head straight, sort out our deplorable 5/8th situation then maybe he will fire again.

In short, Barba's biggest problem is Griffin.

_Johnsy

Referee
Cost them the game.

I thought he'd be back to his best when he got closer to home but it's looking like 2013 is his usual form and 2012 was the freak occurrence, not the other way around.

The Broncos have got themselves an expensive lemon.

& a massive gamble next season re: Milford. An absolute bucketload on 2 players, hodges is well past his use by date, no halves of note. Dry spell coming up for the broncs ?

Kiwi

First Grade
The problem right now is the coach and game plan. Barba is playing in a way the coach wants him to, he has even said he is being told to play in a way that he never has before. Move Hoffman to the wing, promote a proper 6 and tell Barba to attack as he sees fit and you'll see a far better Barba and Broncos.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Promote a proper 6.......

Do you even have one signed to the club?

Yes, a couple actually. Too bad none of them have first grade experience and apparently our coach is too gutless to blood one of them. Instead, he persists with a fullback playing out of position who didn't pass the ball ONCE on Friday Night.

A 5/8th who doesn't pass. It can happen folks. Just ask Hook.

Swarzey

Bench
He's never going to achieve the same form he had in 2012. One year wonder. It amazes me how hard clubs chase players like Barba who is yet to string two quality seasons together.

Kiwi

First Grade
So can Hoffman. He set up 2 tries a couple weeks ago with passes.
He didn't set them up, more so actually passed the ball, if he had done that last night we would have scored more than once easily and won the game. He butchered several over laps in the titans half and attacking their line. And the best you can do for six rounds is mention two passes, in 6 rounds of footy, two passes that required nothing more than a simple draw and pass.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Dry spell coming up for the broncs ?

It's been dry for a while. Barba's confidence looks shot. The question is whether he'll be worse If he gets dropped. I think right now he needs a few weeks in qld cup to regain some confidence

The team overall has been having a go and 2 of they losses shouldn't have occurred (roosters and titans) so coaches don't change winning teams but Hoffman needs to get away from the 6 position. I'm pretty sure our props pass the ball more than him.

As for the copley/Maranta situation, I'd play Maranta outside Hodges and put Copley in for Reed