What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Creagh - WTF?

DeeJ

Bench
Gosh even Hindmarsh had a go at Creagh!

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/hindmarsh-hoping-to-welcome-back-finch-20090719-dpag.html

Hindmarsh hoping to welcome back Finch

Ian Mccullough

July 19, 2009
Parramatta second-rower Nathan Hindmarsh says he hopes former Eels halfback Brett Finch is fit enough to take his place in the Melbourne side in Monday's NRL clash at Parramatta Stadium.
Finch was shown the door by Eels coach Daniel Anderson just three games into this season, and headed to Melbourne on a short-term contract.
He is now battling to be fit to face his former team-mates after puncturing his lung against Newcastle two weeks ago, and Hindmarsh is hoping to welcome him back.
"I hope he is playing because he is the bloke I will be running at as I know he can't tackle so I'll be safe there!" Hindmarsh said.
"I also hope he plays as he is a bit of a character and it will be a bit of fun and he likes to make light of situations."
The game will see Hindmarsh make his 250th appearance, joining Ray Price and Brett Kenny as the only other Parramatta players to reach the milestone.
And the 29-year-old is not expecting it to be an easy ride despite Melbourne having four players backing up from State of Origin duty.
"It will be a really tough game for us, we are coming down to must-win games now this season and to have Melbourne here is going to be tough," he said.
"Hopefully the Melbourne players are all nice and sore from their Origin exploits and don't want to play. That would be the ideal situation.
"But they played on Wednesday and are backing up on Monday which is plenty of time to recover which is unfortunate for us."
The former NSW star also said will be steering well clear of any brawls like the one that took place in Brisbane if Melbourne's Queensland stars still want to take out their frustrations on New South Welshmen.
"I am going to do a Benny Creagh; run in and push someone then back track 20 metres. That's my type of fighting, it was hilarious!" he said.
"But it will be a test for us, Melbourne aren't playing as well as they have in recent years but they are still a quality side.
"We haven't been far off the mark in recent games and had enough chances to beat both Penrith and Gold Coast last week.
"If we start well, then we have a chance."

© 2009 AAP

DeeJ

Bench
He is a joker but I think he is a bit bitter with the selectors. He tipped QLD to win in the first game. I don't think any passionate player from either state would go against their side.

Cagey Mac

Bench
As they say; some people age like fine red wine
Others turn bitter like vinegar
Hindy scored 1 try in 16 Origins
Creagh score 3 in 3 and displaced Hindy from the team (or at least that's what he probably thinks.)
So not a case of in vino veritas for Nathan, just a bunch of sour grapes

MattYg1

Bench
Or it is still a comical piece of play on the field...

I know we all love Ben Creagh but for whatever reason he decided to back it up it was still funny...

I dont think Hindmarsh had any great mischevious masterplan in mind to have a dig at the man who "replaced him and took his blues jersey" when he made that comment

hardbaby

Coach
Has anybody actually seen Hodges fight? I haven't. I have seen his snarl and wrestle and make throat slitting gestures but I don't recall him seriously punching on. He is obviously very confident and likes to throw his weight around but in my experience people like that aren't generally that tough. If you acted like a pork chop up at the Cross you would get smashed but it is a game of footy. You very rarely see anyone get hurt that badly and the players know their mates will break the fight up before it gets too out of control. Can he actually handle himself well or is he a great pretender?

BigNormProvan

Juniors
Although, Hodges seems to have lost the bad teenage mo.

The mo was the only bit of respect I had for that bum. Credit to him for wearing it for so long, must have seen a Pakistani teenage fast bowler modeling it when he was younger and thought it looked cool:?

Big Norm

boxa777

Coach
Has anybody actually seen Hodges fight? I haven't. I have seen his snarl and wrestle and make throat slitting gestures but I don't recall him seriously punching on. He is obviously very confident and likes to throw his weight around but in my experience people like that aren't generally that tough. If you acted like a pork chop up at the Cross you would get smashed but it is a game of footy. You very rarely see anyone get hurt that badly and the players know their mates will break the fight up before it gets too out of control. Can he actually handle himself well or is he a great pretender?

Made this point before.. Only seen the two fights. One was lightning when Casey McGuire dropped him some years ago and the other one Eric Grothe went comfortably toe to toe with him.

I'm with ya his fighting prowess is yet to be proven.

dragonfire

Bench
Made this point before.. Only seen the two fights. One was lightning when Casey McGuire dropped him some years ago and the other one Eric Grothe went comfortably toe to toe with him.

I'm with ya his fighting prowess is yet to be proven.

i made that point to every single qld fan who said hodges is a legend, all talk, would have been smacked up pretty good if he tried to walk the walk. He gets to go against Poore and Creagh later in the season, lets see how much he even opens his mouth in that game, my guess is zero

STG-Dragon

Juniors
I didnt say he wasnt a good player i just said he was a pussy , he ran away from a cat like a big girl

Funny you have no problems putting sh*t on Creagh for pussying out after pushing Hodges, but your dogs player Ennis ran away even further from Crocker the play later and pretty much hid behind the Ref while Crocker was chasing him!

Last edited:

andrew057

First Grade
andrew, are you here to defend Ennis?

Who knows. I havent seen the incident in question. Do you know of it anywhere online? I didnt see Ennis doing anything during the Creagh run away. Or did it happen at another moment during the game?

andrew057

First Grade
Whats with the questions? I was just inquiring to whether it was online, as I didnt see it happen during the game.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Andrew... in the interest of cross-fan participation... which team(s) do you support?

Latest posts