What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Creagh - WTF?

Godz Illa

Coach
When, for the first try or the second try?

I doubt he'll be bothered by sledging. He's never been a brawling, confrontational style player - his cool head is one of his strengths. The push on Hodges alone was quite out of character for him, I think he was just getting back onside to avoid a penalty.

Put in a terrific performance, and hopefully an injury-free one

Cagey Mac

Bench
When, for the first try or the second try?

I doubt he'll be bothered by sledging. He's never been a brawling, confrontational style player - his cool head is one of his strengths. The push on Hodges alone was quite out of character for him, I think he was just getting back onside to avoid a penalty.

Put in a terrific performance, and hopefully an injury-free one

Hear hear! Though I though the second try was a little soft, a true hero would not have side stepped and perhaps run into the goal post on the way to add a little drama for Fwits to get excited about

Rodent

Bench
I thought that after the push he was getting back to his defensive position. Fans of other teams are pissing themselves laughing as it didn't look good. He needs to get into a brawl next match and king hit some big maori before he is tainted as a cat for life:D

jpaciocco91

Juniors
I never saw it but if he did "run from Hodges" he must have had Nathan Brown's pussy teachings in his head. Hope he doesn't do it again or opposing forwards will not fear him and take him seriously. He should have smashed the cocky cane toad.

jpaciocco91

Juniors
Some cutieerbury trolls such as Byrdywyrdy and ouwetiwetiweti are already starting. It's only a matter of time before Kwigs and his crew start as well.
Trolls these days.

The Preacher

First Grade
I know he has never been the "confrontational" type of player, but I believe Ben will look at the incident a few times and take a different approach the next time the situation arises.
You could just about call him an "established" Origin player, and he will work on and develop ways to deal with different situations.
He's a class act though, and would never be the one to incite an incident, he just needs to handle some of them differently to others.

Godz Illa

Coach
You're cracking jokes non stop. Only an idiot would take Creagh lightly because he'd make you pay on both sides of the ball. So he's not a fighter, big deal. Wayne Pearce threw one punch his entire career and broke his hand doing it. He played 18 Tests and captained his club.
"He is tough and hard hitting and needs to be consistent in showing it"
Wtf?? He's been consistently hard hitting for years

Ritzley

Juniors
I'm not sure he has to worry too much about other forwards - as one dude commented at the game last night - "wait until Dell gives it to him at the next training session"....

Cagey Mac

Bench
If I was Ben Creagh I’d love to create the impression that I could be taken lightly, especially now coming into the finals. He hit’s like a blockbuster runs onto passes harder than anyone that I’ve see of late and breaks the line when it counts on regular occasions.
He just illustrates that he’s a great footy player
Can anyone remember BTW and as an aside, how good Joey Johns could handle a blue
And BTW it is to their great credit that most of the players that I’ve seen in the NRL couldn’t punch their way out of a paper bag. 47 practice swings before accidentally landing a punch
They play rugby league, these idiots should go and watch Barry Hall if they want to see some moron who thumps some unsuspecting or ill-matched opponent
Maybe the blues should replace Creagh with someone like Mattai, or Gallen, Bird or some other cat with nothing between their ears but bad attitude

Godz Illa

Coach
As Sans Souci Sainter said elsewhere, I prefer Creagh with his 2 tries to hardman Crocker with his 6 knock ons. Or Gallen with his 3 penalties

Anna Bolic

Juniors
Looking at it as a Blues supporter ( and not a St George supporter for a moment ) ..his actions ( or lack of ) were embarassing. :eek:Whether he's a lover or fighter i don't care - if you go out on a limb and shove another player, then stand your ground and accept the consequences FFS!!

If he was a Manly or Bulldogs player - would most here still go easy on him and look for excuses.

His actions were WEAK!! Not what you needed in the heat of an Origin battle.

Would I love to have him in my side - you bet ( he's a bloody good player and proved it again last night )....but he needs to learn that if you want to start some biff, you can't "unscramble the egg" once the fuse is lit.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I thought it was pretty funny. You have to admit it. He was on his bike pretty smartly.

He is going to cop it from the QLD boys & probably everyone else too.

Haha.

Cagey Mac

Bench
Looking at it as a Blues supporter ( and not a St George supporter for a moment ) ..his actions ( or lack of ) were embarassing. :eek:Whether he's a lover or fighter i don't care - if you go out on a limb and shove another player, then stand your ground and accept the consequences FFS!!

If he was a Manly or Bulldogs player - would most here still go easy on him and look for excuses.

His actions were WEAK!! Not what you needed in the heat of an Origin battle.

Would I love to have him in my side - you bet ( he's a bloody good player and proved it again last night )....but he needs to learn that if you want to start some biff, you can't "unscramble the egg" once the fuse is lit.

He pushed the dude away from his player distracted him and achieved his goal. He wasn't starting biff he was doing what he thought that he should do
Are you still in school? (seriously)