What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Hornby To Announce Retirement Today ?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Good luck with whatever you do Benny. I'll certainly raise a glass to you on Saturday night.

Wonder who the next target will be.

blacksafake

First Grade
Although he'll never go down as one of the greats he has been a fantastic club player who has always given his all for our mighty club.As well as being versatile he has been a very durable player for such a long time.I can't remember the last time he missed a game so he must be tough.He has led our club with great distinction & as said elsewhere his captaincy has never been acknowledged.IMO he'll always be remembered as one of our greats who held the trophy aloft.Thank you & may you continue to be part of the club.

blacklock

Juniors
He hasn't been playing too well but he deserves respect.

It will be a sad day to see a club legend walk away after such a bad season.

All the best Hornby, you will be remembered for trying your guts out and holding up that premiership trophy in 2010.

You will be missed
i agree. in retrospect, i shouldnt have used the title i did in a thread criticising him. i do respect his contribution to ending our long suffering team and delivering a trophy. sometimes we say things in the heat of the moment. i respect him as a person and hopefully we can gain new players that help us rebuild in 2013.

possm

Coach
Ben will always be remembered as a great club captain and gutsy player. His onduct on and off the field is to be admired and I have no doubt he will go down as one of our best.

I hope he remains active within the Club as I am sure he has a lot to offer.

Fire

First Grade
Just a quick story on Ben. I was overseas between 2005-2007, but I had a friend who was on the coaching staff of the club. I used to email him (and my Dad of course) asking how the Dragons were going.

Anyways, I asked my friend on the coaching staff who was the best trainer. He said it was Hornby and he was a machine at training. He was always first to finish one station/module, and be moving onto the next. I think that says a lot about the guy. He then went onto be our Premiership winning Captain.

64 Dragon

Coach
Thanks for the memories, Ben. You are one of the "true believers". May you have great success in whatever you choose to do in the future.

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
your a legend Benny Thanks for all the memories wish you the best of luck and hope you come back as a coach

Latest posts