What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Hunt willing to take a pay cut

BLM01

First Grade
Someone’s belief that they are just ‘scrutinising’ a player can very different from another’s view, or even the recipient.

What a fan considers “passion” or “scrutiny” can be quite damaging to the player. You may want to read between the lines with the Lafai issue recently.

And I’ve never heard of people spending “their hard earned time” before.. You should patent that.

Time is money MUZ..you should know that
And assuming or trying to read between lines from written communication is very dangerous and bad management
I chose not to read any crap thrown at Lafai on here after that event as it does not interest me...and would of been the same crap thrown on all social media.
You know if you start worrying too much about what is written on social written platforms..its time to get out and ignore it
In regards to the media crap thown at public figures and in the faces of us all via TV, print or radio has always been there ..Does not make it right but until laws are changed will always be that way..Geez some people even cop abuse in the public domain verbally from those within the safety of being amongst the peanut gallery.
But back on track to written stuff anywhere..being in the public profile...that part is where we are today.. goes with the job...dont like it change jobs or just ignore the articles.

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Time is money MUZ..you should know that
And assuming or trying to read between lines from written communication is very dangerous and bad management
I chose not to read any crap thrown at Lafai on here after that event as it does not interest me...and would of been the same crap thrown on all social media.
You know if you start worrying too much about what is written on social written platforms..its time to get out and ignore it
In regards to the media crap thown at public figures and in the faces of us all via TV, print or radio has always been there ..Does not make it right but until laws are changed will always be that way..Geez some people even cop abuse in the public domain verbally.
Being in the public profile...that part of what the meda do.. goes with the job...dont like it change jobs or just ignore the articles.
Ok, so to sum it up, it’s not okay for the media to bully Ben Hunt, but it’s okay for you to bully Ben Hunt because you bought a dragons key ring once.

You consider it some elite form of “scrutiny”, but it’s straight out bullying.

BLM01

First Grade
Ok, so to sum it up, it’s not okay for the media to bully Ben Hunt, but it’s okay for you to bully Ben Hunt because you bought a dragons key ring once.

You consider it some elite form of “scrutiny”, but it’s straight out bullying.

No..there you go assuming reading between lines again and debating with yourself.
You have no idea what I consder right now....but I will tell you
Firstly...
Scrutiny meant abuse.(you crossed that out) .now its mean bullying. Make up your mind....
Oh sorry..elite form of scrunity means bullying...where did elite form come from?
Your made up concotion yet again
Who said its OK for me bully?..not me...another made up implication.
Ben Hunt?...me bully..never
But i did not buy a Dragons key ring..they gave it to me as part of my membership package...but I have lost it now

Media can do what they like..they get paid for it........for saying something...supposedly...because they still do it and get away with it. I just dont agree...ends there

The stage is yours and go right ahead guest speaking on this forum on all things mental health...abuse, bullying
Nothing to do with scrutiny
Now stop bullying me
Time for me to exit stage left.

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
No..there you go assuming reading between lines again and debating with yourself.
You have no idea what I consder right now....but I will tell you
Firstly...
Scrutiny meant abuse.(you crossed that out) .now its mean bullying. Make up your mind....
Oh sorry..elite form of scrunity means bullying...where did elite form come from?
Your made up concotion yet again
Who said its OK for me bully?..not me...another made up implication.
Ben Hunt?...me bully..never
But i did not buy a Dragons key ring..they gave it to me as part of my membership package...but I have lost it now

Media can do what they like..they get paid for it........for saying something...supposedly...because they still do it and get away with it. I just dont agree...ends there

The stage is yours and go right ahead guest speaking on this forum on all things mental health...abuse, bullying
Nothing to do with scrutiny
Now stop bullying me
Time for me to exit stage left.
Lol.. Media bullying = unfair..

FanPaid supporter = fair game.

Sorry bro, but paying cash doesn’t make bullying okay.

Have a whinge about it, but also take a good hard look in the mirror about where the problem lies.

Your “scrutiny” is a form of bullying. Deal with it.

Crush

Coach
Fair comment.

My point is no one is above scrutiny. And shouldn't be. One reason Benny is always under the pump is as a result of the GF blunder. People relive that all the time.. Wrongly in my opinion. In addition the crap his partner copped on social media. She had a right to reply and she did, but it added to his media attention.

Ash Taylor has copped a bucket load of crap. Esp up north. But thats in the past. People know it was a dud deal.

Widdop copped bashings here when he was with us. in fact on JA there is a thread titled " Widdop is a blight on this team".. The original title was worse, but common sense prevailed and it was changed.

Player critique is part and parcel. Keeping it real is also advisable. I dont care if he is on 1 million or 100k, so far he has been average at best. Even allowing for Mary as coach.

Sorry, i cant sugar coat what I have seen. He is a talent that hasn't reached the levels I thought. I hope it changes.
Great post!
"I don't care if he is one 1 million or 100k, so far he has been average at best. Even allowing for Mary as coach"
This!!!

getsmarty

Immortal
Great post!
"I don't care if he is one 1 million or 100k, so far he has been average at best. Even allowing for Mary as coach"
This!!!

As an " Average at best player " he has really over achieved hasn't he ?

State of Origin Rep and Australian Rep .

BLM01

First Grade
Lol.. Media bullying = unfair..

FanPaid supporter = fair game.

Sorry bro, but paying cash doesn’t make bullying okay.

Have a whinge about it, but also take a good hard look in the mirror about where the problem lies.

Your “scrutiny” is a form of bullying. Deal with it.
You have really lost the plot this time, you keep calling scrutiny bullying..
I don’t have anything to deal with....but you obviously do

You’re the one that seems to have a problem and can’t Wait to jump into any debate and turn it into a PC or mental health issue and preaching your own agenda behind it
Show me where the definition of scrutiny is bullying or abuse anywhere
As I said before if you can’t deal with what comes out of social media or social platforms it’s time to get out....you need another hobby

But I have noted your scrutiny or bullying as you call it of our beloved coach and mocking of others on here
But that’s ok...that’s not bullying that’s is just your opinion and attempt to be funny... only harmless stuff on a social media platform..right Muz.
Your comments would never upset anybody. I suggest You look in the mirror and think why go down this path and make an issue out of nothing
But credit where credit is due it’s fantastic how you can turn your own individual point or argument into being someone else’s problem to deal with when obviously it is yours.
I look forward to the next twist but will bite the bullet this time.

getsmarty

Immortal
Come on guys..can we please call a truce...life is too short especially with what is going on in the world today. People have differing opinions on a player and that's O.K...agree to disagree and please move on....

I hope everyone is going o.k at the moment...tough times for many people with either reduced or no employment. Footy is back in one week...possibly something different to look forward to...

Have a great weekend, and stay safe.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
You have really lost the plot this time, you keep calling scrutiny bullying..
I don’t have anything to deal with....but you obviously do

You’re the one that seems to have a problem and can’t Wait to jump into any debate and turn it into a PC or mental health issue and preaching your own agenda behind it
Show me where the definition of scrutiny is bullying or abuse anywhere
As I said before if you can’t deal with what comes out of social media or social platforms it’s time to get out....you need another hobby

But I have noted your scrutiny or bullying as you call it of our beloved coach and mocking of others on here
But that’s ok...that’s not bullying that’s is just your opinion and attempt to be funny... only harmless stuff on a social media platform..right Muz.
Your comments would never upset anybody. I suggest You look in the mirror and think why go down this path and make an issue out of nothing
But credit where credit is due it’s fantastic how you can turn your own individual point or argument into being someone else’s problem to deal with when obviously it is yours.
I look forward to the next twist but will bite the bullet this time.
You are missing a massive point.

What someone believes is only minor “scrutiny” can actually be bullying.

What you think is fair game may actually be damaging the person on the other end - particularly when it’s happening from multiple people.

The other element I’m struggling to see is why you think paid fans have more of a right to bully players than the media does.

And let’s try keep it to discussing the matter at hand rather than throwing out insults - it cheapens your position.

TruSaint

Referee

You have to look at my post in context mate.
I believe i said " so far, he has been average at best ". I stand by that at club level.

He is a rep player. Played for state and country. For saints, he hasn't lived up to expectations thus far I would say.

Crush

Coach

Yes you are dead right, he has been incredibly lucky to be selected for rep sides given his inconsistent form.

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade

What you think is fair game may actually be damaging the person on the other end - particularly when it’s happening from multiple people.

The other element I’m struggling to see is why you think paid fans have more of a right to bully players than the media does.

And let’s try keep it to discussing the matter at hand rather than throwing out insults - it cheapens your position.

Sentence 4. Your struggling to see it cause it has never been said.
But you are a funny little lookin mandarin....or is it orange?..grapefruit...other?. :p Thats my position.
But you do appear to be a bit too ripe and getting soft on the inside as you age.

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal
Yes you are dead right, he has been incredibly lucky to be selected for rep sides given his inconsistent form.

Some may call it Luck..others may see his true ability. Let's agree to disagree on this one Crush. Have a great weekend.

getsmarty

Immortal
You have to look at my post in context mate.
I believe i said " so far, he has been average at best ". I stand by that at club level.

He is a rep player. Played for state and country. For saints, he hasn't lived up to expectations thus far I would say.

Sorry Trusaint, this comment was not aimed at you...I agree with what you are saying...

Personally I don't think Ben is the type of player that will improve under our current coach.
He is a confidence player, and needs a coach with smarts who knows how to get the best out of him.

I think ben hunt is the least of our problems...I'll leave it at that.

Have a Great Weekend Trusaint.

avocado

Juniors

I believe we have the right to ‘scrutinise’ Hunt as much as we ‘scrutinise’ McGregor.

Hunt has been a massive overpaid failure. Crap kicking game. Incapable of lifting a team as other halfbacks can. What pisses me off most is when things aren’t going cruisey he drops his head way too much.

Bennett dropped him to reggies a few years back. It needs to happen again.

Crush

Coach
Some may call it Luck..others may see his true ability. Let's agree to disagree on this one Crush. Have a great weekend.
I'm not doubting his ability. I see his true ability as much as the next bloke.
My problem is with his consistency. He has too many bad games. He makes crucial errors under pressure. His head goes down. He is very fragile, very sensitive. I actually feel really sorry for the bloke.
I hope he lifts this season, rises to the occasion. He has a big job, he's the playmaker, he's our marquee player.
He needs to lead us. He is an Australian International after all.

getsmarty

Immortal
I'm not doubting his ability. I see his true ability as much as the next bloke.
My problem is with his consistency. He has too many bad games. He makes crucial errors under pressure. His head goes down. He is very fragile, very sensitive. I actually feel really sorry for the bloke.
I hope he lifts this season, rises to the occasion. He has a big job, he's the playmaker, he's our marquee player.
He needs to lead us. He is an Australian International after all.

Agree Crush...but he will not improve under our current coach. I'd make Clune our playmaker and let Ben Hunt play his natural running game...For mine, Corey norman was a rash buy...again, he has been Rocks and diamonds under McGregor. Norman also needs a coach who can motivate him and use him correctly...same can be said for Tyson frizell...These are the salient points.

And the board is solely responsible for facilitating all of the above.

As I stated earlier, Ben hunt is the least of our problems.

BLM01

First Grade
Come on guys..can we please call a truce...life is too short especially with what is going on in the world today. People have differing opinions on a player and that's O.K...agree to disagree and please move on....

I hope everyone is going o.k at the moment...tough times for many people with either reduced or no employment. Footy is back in one week...possibly something different to look forward to...

Have a great weekend, and stay safe.
Gday 86... noticed yoiu went missing for a teeny bit. Cone of Silence perhaps!
Hope all is OK with you too
I missed that Voice of Reason...that you are
But all is good In Discussion-ville here
But I agree with you. Poor Benny is a victim of inadequate team coaching and structure around him.
He has ability in spades... but he does not want the whole responsibility of leading the team from the front and it has weighed in on his own game.
He needs to be free and play what is in front of him.
Whether it is 9 or 7..I can see him doing both..but he is just one of those instinctive players that always needs monitoring, mentoring, good guidance and constructive criticism when required with the shackles taken off him in attack. He needs to be happy around the joint to shine.
Have a good weekend also.
As I said 6 weeks ago the NRL knew what they were doing bringing footy back asap and the timing and they achieved it...hats off!.. Waahoo!

Crush

Coach
Agree Crush...but he will not improve under our current coach. I'd make Clune our playmaker and let Ben Hunt play his natural running game...For mine, Corey norman was a rash buy...again, he has been Rocks and diamonds under McGregor. Norman also needs a coach who can motivate him and use him correctly...same can be said for Tyson frizell...These are the salient points.

And the board is solely responsible for facilitating all of the above.

As I stated earlier, Ben hunt is the least of our problems.
I agree with you regarding starting Clune, I'd like to see the same thing.
And totally agree re Norman.
But I disagree Ben Hunt is the least of our problems, I'd say he is high up the list.