What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Hunt

BennyV

Referee
You are probably correct. But he could be saying you should get a little fixer-upperer in Penrith on much less coin and develop it into a $1M property.
Yeah, not really a strategy that has worked for us. Remember the houses we bought on Williams St, Drinkwater Dr, Witt Ln, Marshall Rd and now the house we have on McCrone Cr? None of those increased in value...

Sometimes you gotta throw decent money at the best available property in order to increase your portfolio...

emu62

Juniors
2017 season hasn't started yet. IMO the only thing we should be negotiating for in 2018 is a descent f##ken coach. A descent coach will attract players & we wont have to pay overs, 1 million a season for Hunt, ridiculous.Besides we have two young blokes, with descent coaching could possibly be better than all the half backs mentioned off contract next year. Dufty & Field. potential is definitely there

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Yeah, not really a strategy that has worked for us. Remember the houses we bought on Williams St, Drinkwater Dr, Witt Ln, Marshall Rd and now the house we have on McCrone Cr? None of those increased in value...

Sometimes you gotta throw decent money at the best available property in order to increase your portfolio...

And the Hutch Avenue property unexpectedly needs repairs. I'm worried now, you're starting to convince me.

GC Dragon

Juniors

Very clever and spot on .

Gareth67

First Grade
I would be pretty pussed should Penrith once again trump our offer .

They came out of the clouds last year when it was then supposedly a two -horse race between ourselves and the Eels with Peta Hiku .

I know that Mr. Gould has the footy smarts , but it seems that he also has a bluudy big wallet . Perhaps when at the Roosters he was taught a few tricks about how spend the same dollar over and over ?

I would be pretty pussed should Penrith once again trump our offer .

They came out of the clouds last year when it was then supposedly a two -horse race between ourselves and the Eels with Peta Hiku .

I know that Mr. Gould has the footy smarts , but it seems that he also has a bluudy big wallet . Perhaps when at the Roosters he was taught a few tricks about how spend the same dollar over and over ?

Take him please. Hiku is a bum and one of the rare Gus mistakes

Gareth67

First Grade
Take him please. Hiku is a bum and one of the rare Gus mistakes

Too late Umina , the poor blokes knee won't be the same anymore . Cannot agree that he was a mistake , believed that he had shown plenty of promise , enough for Uncle Phil to wave the chequebook at him .

Now if our Mary had the opportunity of signing him last season , he would had taught Hiku all the skills required to be one tremendous player , but unfortunately that was not to be . :p

Last edited:

Dragons4lyf95

Juniors
Dont know why people are complaining about the $1M price tag. Not sure if anyone has noticed but money is literally the only thing attracting players to our club. We are no longer the great club that players take pay cuts to play at, hurts me to say it but it is true. We are lucky to not bump that offer up to 1.2M just so we can sign him.

JDHD

Juniors
Dont know why people are complaining about the $1M price tag. Not sure if anyone has noticed but money is literally the only thing attracting players to our club. We are no longer the great club that players take pay cuts to play at, hurts me to say it but it is true. We are lucky to not bump that offer up to 1.2M just so we can sign him.

This is my perspective too. Corey Norman decided 800k wasn't enough, as did several others. We need to pay overs, much like the Knights do and the Titans did.

Paying overs ensures a deficient roster. Can't win a comp by paying overs.

Straight Shooter

st shaneoh

Juniors
Too late Umina , the poor blokes knee won't be the same anymore . Cannot agree that he was a mistake , believed that he had shown plenty of promise , enough for Uncle Phil to wave the chequebook at him .

Now if our Mary had the opportunity of signing him last season , he would had taught Hiku all the skills required to be one tremendous player , but unfortunately that was not to be .
I bet he would have

possm

Coach
Hunt at 7 and Mann at 6 would be an ideal solution for 2018. Mann at 6 and Widdop at 7 for the 2017 season. Two young halves, on very experienced and the other with loads of potential. A full year in the 6 jumper in 2017 will be a great indication of Mann's suitability for Hunt's partner in 2018.

Widdop will need to have a big year to earn a contract extension. I expect he will be moved on after this season.

Dugan will most likely price himself out of a contract extension - as he prefers to play right centre and is currently being paid fullback money looking for an upgrade. This would put Dufty in the box seat for the fullback position.

red rocket

Juniors
Paying overs ensures a deficient roster. Can't win a comp by paying overs.

Straight Shooter
With the new salary cap on its way I can justify the big money hunt is demanding he is a bloody lot cheaper than what some of our .deadwood we are paying he is the right age bloody tough and is a quality no 7 I sometimes can't work out dragon support ERS we all know how badly we need a half yet some people complain when we make a play for one yes we have young field but we need to be patient with him we would be a 20/point better team with hunt whoever was the. Coach

Reactions: Qdf

Latest posts