What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Ross

knocker norton

Juniors
If Mason doesnt go to the Sharks will you see a fired up Ross in 2008 or a team split by the lack of loyalty shown by the boss?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
TITAN1 said:
I think Ross was signed by Stuart because Sticky was still in "Rooster mode" (sign the best player atm) regardless of how the player fits your team.

What???? [/squinting_snarling_look_of_disbelief]

I reckon its gutless not to talk to players about this situation. They hear through the media that they are planning to dump players to sign Mason. The club should tell them what's going on.

The clubs treatmnet of Hannay, Seymour and now Ross is pretty poor in my opinion.

BWNB

First Grade
Ross was starting to improve at the end of last season, give him more time and he will be back to his best. While i would love to have Mason in our team i dont think that will happen.

bluey

Bench
blacktip-reefy said:
And for the record, the only prop in the game at the moment I would swap Ross for, is petero, Price who is on 450k per year & fui fui perhaps.

Ditto

Frenzy.

Immortal
TITAN1 said:
I think Ross was signed by Stuart because Sticky was still in "Rooster mode" (sign the best player atm) regardless of how the player fits your team.

Ross wasn't signed by Stuart you dipstick. Raper was coach.

Congratulations. You get a troll nomination for that one.

Quigs

Immortal
He might of meant stuart Raper as in George Roper... but a dipstick is still a dipstick

or is that stewart Riper as in Gore Raper ....

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

sladden road

Juniors
what has got me beat is..

what pictures does killusallpoorley have..

and of who...

and clinton is a big fuggn dick who i blame for the ross injury..

merkin panther bronco elvis wanabee

Taniwha

Juniors
If Wigan don't get Mason with there massive 3 million dollar contract, they'd surely want to sign another decent prop. I reckon if Mason wants to play in World Cup next year he should turn down Wigan, tell them to sign up Ross so he (Willie) can get a decent paycheck from Nulla and everything would work out o so sweet in my view.

bluey

Bench
If the club is dead set unhappy with ross they should have a meeting and simlpy say,
Ben we believe that the previous managment has overpaid you.
We will be trying to offload you when a situation arises.
Now this can work both ways if you want a release well let us know.
Personally i would keep ross for one more year and see how he plays now that his reco is over properly, i think he will go real well this year.
Or should i say would have went well untill this mess poped up.
Its just like going to the bottle shop and seeing a 5litre bottle of JD and walking oput with a 1litre both will get the job done.

samshark

Juniors
bluey said:
If the club is dead set unhappy with ross they should have a meeting and simlpy say,
Ben we believe that the previous managment has overpaid you.
We will be trying to offload you when a situation arises.
Now this can work both ways if you want a release well let us know.
Personally i would keep ross for one more year and see how he plays now that his reco is over properly, i think he will go real well this year.
Or should i say would have went well untill this mess poped up.
Its just like going to the bottle shop and seeing a 5litre bottle of JD and walking oput with a 1litre both will get the job done.

Ross was told that last year, however nothing eventuated and the club was happy to keep him until Mason became available, which no one could predict.

roboshark

Coach
i remember the fight we had to get him ahead of Melbourne I think it was...and 2 years later we are trying to offload him

if we signed willie ahead of the rorters, would we be trying to offload him again in 2 years to secure another topliner??

bluey

Bench
samshark said:
Ross was told that last year, however nothing eventuated and the club was happy to keep him until Mason became available, which no one could predict.

Did ricky go to him at the end of the season and tell him if you want to go then go?
And last year who were we trying to get then?

Maybe i am a bit old fashioned but if i sign a contract than i will honour my end, unless it is a amicable agreement, and neither party should feel as though they have been made to leave.
Now say Ross doesnt want to go, what then.