What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Smith and Dean Widders...Gorne...?

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Ref in Seat 196 said:
Well Tim Smith and Ben Smith have only really played one season in first grade. I don't think complacency is a problem with them.

Vella, Hindy, Burt, Cayless and Moi Moi that's 5!!!!!

and if you want to include thise who came to the club after playing a handful of first grade games elae where, you can include the following.

Wagon
Grothe
Morris
Widders
McKinnon

sooperdooper

First Grade
Eelementary said:
I didn't say they would play rep footy...I said they all aspired to. Which, I believe, is a fair comment.

Fair dinkum players who are serious about the game dream of playing for Australia, New Zealand, Great Britain, NSW or Queensland.

they do but dreams dont come true for everyone

sooperdooper

First Grade
PB said:
when? after the Eels announced Hagan as coach. He was always going to coach another side, and the real chance was, with the number of other coaches off contract, it was going to be in the NRL.

so you can see into the future?
i think if he didnt take the newie job he may not have got another!
remember newie looked at how many coaches before him?

PB

Bench
sooperdooper said:
so you can see into the future?
i think if he didnt take the newie job he may not have got another!
remember newie looked at how many coaches before him?

Huh? You said he was linked to Hull. That didn't happen until after his contract wasn't renewed, and media started writing stories.

I said he was always going to look for another coaching job because it is what he does, and he re-confirmed it in recent interviews. And the NRL is the obvious place, and many coaches were coming off contract this year, and as a coach with 20 years expereince, he was always going to find a job.

Anyway whatever, i am bored with these debates now. I am going to the football.....

Doctor

Bench
The Colonel said:
Johns Magic - Oswin - the pair of you need to learn about sarcasm.

I don't think Strider was being sarcastic though Colonel.... correct me if I'm wrong though.

strider said:
yeah yeah ok - i'll wear the "i'm an idiot" sign for a day :oops: .... my first reaction was what the hell are you talking about - then i saw someone say he was his bro ... but i stand by the where his bro plays makes no diff story :D

No disrespect meant to either here. Just thought I would re-emphasise that Josh Smith played for the Knights. I guessed that perhaps you had thought we were confused.

No harm done.

parralight

Juniors
yy_cheng said:
I agree and I target the senior players. I am not challenging Caylo's captaincy here but the senior players are in a soft spot.

Vella, Wagon and a bit of Caylo (IMO). I get the feeling it's like they don't know what to do when things go wrong and rely heavily on Smithy (and maybe Hindy) to dig them out. I feel that they have a tad of too much of a nice guy in each of them and we miss the mongrel like Ray Price.

I thought that with the introduction of Tahu, Stringer, PJ and especially Piggy and Morro would give them a bit more mongrel or leadership from a non-Smithy viewpoint.

That's why I think Moi Moi is great for us as he doesn't seem to get affected by what's happenning out there and just CHARGES FULL STEAM AHEAD on every run.

So all in all, when things click, we are a well oiled machine. When there are gremlins in the works, we just can't shake them out on the field.

We missed Fui much more than we have discussed it, I honestly believe that if he had played against the cowboys it may have been a different result.
He is THAT important to us. Pay him what we pay Cannings.
We need to lock Fui up long term cause if we dont I know who will...

Utey

Coach
parralight said:
We missed Fui much more than we have discussed it, I honestly believe that if he had played against the cowboys it may have been a different result.
He is THAT important to us. Pay him what we pay Cannings.
We need to lock Fui up long term cause if we dont I know who will...

You cant pay him that. He is only expected to play so many games because of suspension, which only a minor incident will cost him. Another player where the judicaiary will force players out. He knows this too.

parralight

Juniors
<UPtheEELS> said:
You cant pay him that. He is only expected to play so many games because of suspension, which only a minor incident will cost him. Another player where the judicaiary will force players out. He knows this too.

Well for the life of me I cant understand why the judiciary has a hard on for Fui. Its a Morley type of thing. Without a doubt there are some players that attract a lot more attention from the officials than others. Fui is one of these players.

If Andrew Johns or Fittler (when he was playing) put a head high on someone, then you could probably bet your house that they would not only escape suspension but woundnt even be mentioned in the official report. Whereas these other players like Morley and Fui seem to attract interest.

I think Fui is the most dominant power forward in tha game.

Utey

Coach
He is up there in terms of power but he still has plenty to learn.

The loading system is an absolute joke.

Latest posts