What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Smith - On the Outer

Avenger

Immortal
Heard it today, the source is usually reliable. Don't be surprised if he is dropped for tonight's game. (Apparently he was very close to being dropped altogether).

Cannot say I'm surprised.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Heard it today, the source is usually reliable. Don't be surprised if he is dropped for tonight's game. (Apparently he was very close to being dropped altogether).

Cannot say I'm surprised.

Oh please oh please?

Hopefully Ben follows Finch out the door and we're freed of his cumbersome contract.

I'd much rather spend his money pursuing someone like Dean Colliss for next season - you know, the kind of centre who can actually play in the centres?

Avenger

Immortal
Oh please oh please?

Hopefully Ben follows Finch out the door and we're freed of his cumbersome contract.

I'd much rather spend his money pursuing someone like Dean Colliss for next season - you know, the kind of centre who can actually play in the centres?

Sorry for not being more specific, by on the outer I mean out of Parramatta altogether. Similar to Finch. I would do it in a heartbeat but only if we sign someone like Morris, David Williams or Delaney.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
Sorry for not being more specific, by on the outer I mean out of Parramatta altogether. Similar to Finch. I would do it in a heartbeat but only if we sign someone like Morris, David Williams or Delaney.
I'd take smith any day over delaney

Suitman

Post Whore

Morris or Williams yes, Delaney no thanks. He was hopeless when he was here.

Suity

bartman

Immortal
Ben Smith certainly has been vocal in the media lately, for someone that hardly ever gave a peep before.

Not a smart move I would have thought. Let the cleanout continue...

Ron Jeremy

Coach
good, get rid of the rubbish please, he's overrated, overpaid, and pretty much useless, and his defense is only average.

I still find it funny how some talked him up as a possible SOO player lol

ROGUE

Juniors
mate williams looked good at the back of a dominant manly backline as does delaney with prince putting him through holes, neither would look as flash with us

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Fancy signing this bloke to a 4 yeard deal after all the injury problems he already had, and knowing hagan it prob would've been $200,000+ deal

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
good, get rid of the rubbish please, he's overrated, overpaid, and pretty much useless, and his defense is only average.

I still find it funny how some talked him up as a possible SOO player lol
Well the form he showed in 05 was pretty good. Then in 07 was on the verge of country selection until he got injured. Injuries have put him behind. A very good player IMO, i can't agree with anderson on this move if the reports are right.
I'd keep him. I doubt he is on alot of money to (waiting for stager to tell me how much exactly) so he wont be taking a big chunk from the salary.

Stick with him anderson he will come good. Just needs a good run without injury