What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Smith - On the Outer

spiderdan

Bench
in avenger's defence he was speculating about smith being dropped for the game, he never said it would happen. the dude has put up plenty of info before that's been on the money so i wouldn't write this off just yet.

ben is not playing anywhere near his ability. which is a shame because before he got his run of injuries i really thought he would push for an origin spot. would be good to see him run at speed and at the angles he used to. now, more often than not he seems to be content with running at about 75% and then easing up and jinking in both directions (to put the opposition in one mind???) and just getting shut down. the bloke definitely has more ability than he has been showing.

strider

Post Whore
so you would sign a 4 year deal on a sh*tty deal would you? its f**king commonsense, no one will commit themselves for 4 years unless a good deal is in place!!
rubbish! - players commit to longer deals for a lesser amount - a club says we will only give u this much and the player/manager counters by saying ok give us an extra yr at that lesser amount ... f**k ron - i thought a genius such as yourself would know this basic sh*t

Avenger

Immortal
Much appreciated spiderdan. My source is adamant that he is on the outer and he rarely tells me anything unless he believes it.

strider

Post Whore
We'll see if he is here next year. Smith is as bad as your sh*t stirring.
and in ALL honesty, are any of our other 2nd row options other than hindy any better? .... weller, lowrie, oake ... i'll give joey g some credit but even he was MIA tonight

Craig Johnston

First Grade
jamie won't come back, he only signed joined us coz of crusher, he doesn't give a sh*t about the club.

and the numbers reported for benny smith resigning i remember was about 170-180k

Parraren

Bench
Ben Smith would have to be close to the worst NRL player in the comp at the moment. Only a little better than Jeff Robson...but not by much. - woeful.

You can't be serious....Toood Lowrie is the worst player currently running around in the NRL by a country mile and THE worst player I can remember that has pulled on a blue and gold jersey for a very long time.

The sight of this bloke in a parra jersey brings tears to my eyes.

Avenger

Immortal
and in ALL honesty, are any of our other 2nd row options other than hindy any better? .... weller, lowrie, oake ... i'll give joey g some credit but even he was MIA tonight

I would put Brod Wright or Tim Robinson there when fit. The season is finished anyway and we need to see who goes and who stays.

strider

Post Whore
I would put Brod Wright or Tim Robinson there when fit. The season is finished anyway and we need to see who goes and who stays.
well yeah, tbh I don't understand the brod wright situation - i know he's injured now, but he should not have been dropped

I'm starting to wonder about some of DA's decisions .... its ok to send a message - but fmd some decisions are starting to baffle me

Fathead

Bench
You can't be serious....Toood Lowrie is the worst player currently running around in the NRL by a country mile and THE worst player I can remember that has pulled on a blue and gold jersey for a very long time.

The sight of this bloke in a parra jersey brings tears to my eyes.

You know .. you may be right... but its a really shallow gene pool and the three of them are in it !!

Fathead

Bench
and to further add to the debate... Avenger IS right. But Big Bad Benny is not alone.. DA would get rid of most of them given half a chance.

Parraren

Bench
It's got to the point where I honestly don't care who goes......we need a massive clean out.

The key word being massive.

The whole culture of the club and the team needs to change starting at the very top.

Kornstar

Coach
Tbh i also don't care who goes at this point in time, there are a couple like Hindy and KK that i want to stay but if he replaced the whole team next week, they can't be worse than what we saw tonight or last week can they?

dazeely

First Grade
Ben Smith would have to be close to the worst NRL player in the comp at the moment. Only a little better than Jeff Robson...but not by much. - woeful.

but there is a guy running around out there by the name of Hauraki whom is giving him a good run for his money

Parra Steve

Juniors
I barely noticed Wellar. Our entire forward pack needs a makeover. Our backs have the potentinal to be great but our forward pack doesnt off much grunt