What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Smith - On the Outer

cumberlandcozza

Juniors
Ben is a capable centre such as Beau Champion, B.Pomeroy, and Willie Talau.....ie, I hope he is getting not a cent more than these players....

eel01s

Bench
and to further add to the debate... Avenger IS right. But Big Bad Benny is not alone.. DA would get rid of most of them given half a chance.

We need to have faith in DA. A massive cleanout is the ONLY way for Parra to move forward.

caylo

Bench
I would seriously keep this;

1 Hayne
2 Reddy
4 Inu
5 Grothe
6 Keating
10 Fuifui
11 Hindmarsh
13 Mateo

16 Paulo
17 Mannah

I would sign 2 props and a backrower backrowers (Poore, Bailey, Creigh)
For the hooker position I would have Keating and Mitchell fight for it and elevate Mortimore into the halfback role. Roberson and Lewis to the bench. Richardson, Wright and Etu to fight for the last spot IMO

Those signings would cost 1000,000 a year (Cayless=400, Lowrie=180, Tautai=100, Hauraki=100, Smith=150, Burt 120) - with those players released we have more than enough money to splurge.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
the Broncos just kept strolling through our backline last nigh, our backline defence was woeful

maybe we need Benny back out in the backline, at least he can tackle

Gronk

Staff member
the Broncos just kept strolling through our backline last nigh, our backline defence was woeful

maybe we need Benny back out in the backline, at least he can tackle

Benny was in the backline after Etu went off. Didn't improve things much.

strider

Post Whore
I thought TT's defense was terrible - in the first half I thought hodges was gonna run through there at will ..... I generally thought Hayne defended better tonight at centre than usual .... and I actually thought Etu made some good reads to come in ..... most of brisbane's attack was through our right side (TT, reddy) - and Reddy played with only 1 arm for the entire 2nd half so could only stop so many of the 3 defenders our wingers usually have to deal with

Fathead

Bench

1 Hayne
2 Reddy
4 Inu
5 Grothe
6 Keating
10 Fuifui
11 Hindmarsh
13 Mateo

16 Paulo
17 Mannah

For the hooker position I would have Keating and Mitchell fight for it and elevate Mortimore into the halfback role. Roberson and Lewis to the bench. Richardson, Wright and Etu to fight for the last spot IMO

Those signings would cost 1000,000 a year (Cayless=400, Lowrie=180, Tautai=100, Hauraki=100, Smith=150, Burt 120) - with those players released we have more than enough money to splurge.

One thing... Reddy is not a winger, he is a fullback and a very good one at that. A centre at a pinch but no winger.
Inu is a winger or a fullback at a pinch - no centre.

Fathead

Bench
I thought TT's defense was terrible - in the first half I thought hodges was gonna run through there at will ..... I generally thought Hayne defended better tonight at centre than usual .... and I actually thought Etu made some good reads to come in ..... most of brisbane's attack was through our right side (TT, reddy) - and Reddy played with only 1 arm for the entire 2nd half so could only stop so many of the 3 defenders our wingers usually have to deal with

I know everyone seems to like getting up Jarryd hayne but at the ground I can honestly say that the boy really tried his guts out. Everytime he gets the ball he gets smashed because the opposition know how good he is.

One thing , watching the broncos in offence, KH would always loom to make the second player in the backline ie he would follow hodges / locky to try and make the extra man. Burt on the other hand tended to stop and just watch proceedings. You really see this when at the ground/

Eelementary

Post Whore
I know everyone seems to like getting up Jarryd hayne but at the ground I can honestly say that the boy really tried his guts out. Everytime he gets the ball he gets smashed because the opposition know how good he is.

One thing , watching the broncos in offence, KH would always loom to make the second player in the backline ie he would follow hodges / locky to try and make the extra man. Burt on the other hand tended to stop and just watch proceedings. You really see this when at the ground/

Well then I wish they'd tell me. Or at least remind me.

MrT

Juniors

1 Hayne
2 Reddy
4 Inu
5 Grothe
6 Keating
10 Fuifui
11 Hindmarsh
13 Mateo

16 Paulo
17 Mannah

Ben Smith is on more than 150k and if it's right what I heard about Huraki, it's enough to make u sick. Lets just say I heard he was on an incentive deal and he earnt a lot more than 100k last year.
Hagan u are truly one of a kind. Hagan = "Club Killer"