What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Teo Facing 3-4 weeks

The Rosco

Bench
Nice to see the soft Tigers get a player suspended. That soft marshmallow should play netball! I hope Teo knocks Groat out again and shows him what a shoulder can really do! What a disgraceful decision, at WORST it was a grade 1, and I mean at worst!

Quick Locky !!! get in touch with the judiciary right now. They made a mistake. Here you are telling us it was at WORST a grade 1, and those uneducated fools didn't even listen to you. :roll:

As far as the kid being soft . . I don't think he is soft . . . he is just a kid in his first full season of NRL. Oh, that and the fact he got hit flush on the chin by an illegal tackle from a pea-hearted nob.
I'm surprised that Teo even had the motivation to summon the energy to bother to make that illegal tackle.

Karl

Juniors
It was a great hit that unfortunately was a touch high, unintentionally, and poleaxed the runner due to an impact with the jaw, rattled his brain and probably shunted a cranial nerve. He could not have gone down like that from a legal tackle/impact.

_Johnsy

Referee
Obviously I am not settled with this debacle....its akin to speed cameras really. The govt argues in deliberately obtuse and self serving manner

Here is an idea for the moronic. if you do not go over the speed limit you will not be issued with a speeding ticket.

ground breaking thought process ? Yes.............

_Johnsy

Referee
The moronic idea is you mate

A wit like that has to be admired.

Something to consider a person is not an idea. I am guessing you actually meant to type something along the lines of " the moron is you".

FMD we are dealing with a true QLD'er here. :crazy:

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I find it amusing that many people are still willing to call Simon Dwyer's blatant high shot on JWH in the 2010 semi "the hit of the decade". Even though it was just as bad as Teo's hit on the weekend.

SBW's hit on Clinton was a beauty. It was perfectly legal and should always remain so as he didn't hit him in the head. What Dwyer and now this year Pritchard & Teo have done however is to attack the head of a defenseless, ball carrying opponent. That should be illegal.

It's not tough. It's just dirty and should be rubbed out of the game.

Not the same at all. JWH's head was about 2 feet off the ground when Dwyer hit him.

MadPie

Juniors
Guilty as charged: Chase chastised after dangerous hit

April 20, 2012

ipad-art-wide-ropati729-420x0.jpg
Face facts ... Tangi Ropati had three plates and 15 pins inserted in his jaw after a mistimed tackle.

These are the type of images the NRL has been trying to avoid with the recent crackdown on shoulder charges.
England and Castleford halfback Rangi Chase, the 2011 Man of Steel, was suspended for three matches on a dangerous tackle charge after an incident in last weekend's Challenge Cup loss to Featherstone that left former Queensland Cup star Tangi Ropati with a broken jaw.
Advertisement: Story continues below
Ropati's partner Emma posted these photos on Facebook after the Samoa international had three plates and 15 pins inserted in an operation that will sideline him for up to three months.
Footage posted on YouTube suggests Chase had intended to make a shoulder charge but he badly mistimed the tackle and struck Ropati with a raised forearm or elbow.
The RFL judiciary found Chase's actions to be reckless and he was found guilty of a grade C dangerous tackle, which is similar to the grade-three dangerous conduct charge laid against Brisbane's Ben Te'o for the shoulder charge that knocked out Wests Tigers prop Matt Groat two weeks ago.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ngerous-hit-20120419-1xa11.html#ixzz1sZ1nPMUA

Originally Posted by lockyno1
Nice to see the soft Tigers get a player suspended. That soft marshmallow should play netball! I hope Teo knocks Groat out again and shows him what a shoulder can really do! What a disgraceful decision, at WORST it was a grade 1, and I mean at
worst!

You mean something like that?

Last edited:

Latest posts